Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Which non-caucasoid group interest you?

Last Online
    Today @ 05:48 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,189
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldNorth View Post
    Pakistani's are caucasoid as far as I can tell
    Really? I never considered those Pakis as such. This is probably because the Caucasoid race for me is only for Europeans or people known as Whites ( White race). Unless we change the meaning of it.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Eastern German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,426
    Given: 6,769

0 Not allowed!

I think it's easier for an american to be fascinated with native americans because a lot of our history in america even post settlement by our european ancestors involves our interactions with them, and the fact that they inhabited this continent long before and have left marks, and even names on it.
    A lot of Europeans are interested in that even without those connections told by you. Admittedly I'd likely be more interested with such connections, particularly place names would likely lead me to that. On the other hand I would likely feel uncomfortable with dealing more closely with the fact that I'm an intruder only and profit from maintaining a big crime. I don't say more than uncomfortable.
    Target: rothaer_scaled
    Distance: 1.0091% / 0.01009085

39.8 (Balto-)Slavic
    39.0 Germanic
    19.2 Celtic-like
    1.8 Graeco-Roman
    0.2 Finnic-like

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 04:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rothaer View Post
    A lot of Europeans are interested in that even without those connections told by you. Admittedly I'd likely be more interested with such connections, particularly place names would likely lead me to that. On the other hand I would likely feel uncomfortable with dealing more closely with the fact that I'm an intruder only and profit from maintaining a big crime. I don't say more than uncomfortable.
    all peoples have displaced another at one point or another, granted I don't condone many of the acts taken against the native americans, but if we are going to say american colonization was an evil deed than so to is the turks in anatolia, or the germans ever where south of the Harz mountains or the english living in england, but I would not say any are because they are human nature and history

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    Really? I never considered those Pakis as such. This is probably because the Caucasoid race for me is only for Europeans or people known as Whites ( White race). Unless we change the meaning of it.
    Caucasoid not Caucasian

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Panamanian
    Ethnicity
    Mulato Colonial
    Ancestry
    Canarian Islanders, West African, Panamanian Natives
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Y-DNA
    E-M78
    mtDNA
    A2
    Taxonomy
    Pardo: Atlanto Med + minor Berid + Sudanid + residual Centralid
    Politics
    Right wing populism
    Hero
    General Pinochet, General Torrijos, Donald Trump
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,297
    Given: 5,658

0 Not allowed!

My group: Hispanic Caribbeans and Northern Africans
    A favor de la Unión del Caribe Hispano: Cuba, República Dominicana, Puerto Rico y Panamá

Mi mapa de Ancestros hace 4500 años atras

Como buen panameño tengo: genetica española, aborigen guanche, judia sefardita, amerindia y negra lo unico exotico
    es el asiatico oriental debido a un bisabuelo chino

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Eastern German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

all peoples have displaced another at one point or another, granted I don't condone many of the acts taken against the native americans, but if we are going to say american colonization was an evil deed than so to is the turks in anatolia, or the germans ever where south of the Harz mountains or the english living in england, but I would not say any are because they are human nature and history
    The spread of Anglo-Saxons over the British Isles, the spread of the Germanics south of the Harz and the spread of the Turkmen-like Turks to Anatolia are comparable to the immigration of Spaniards to Mexico: In all those cases the indigenous people remained a big proportion of the following mixture, often abt. 50% and in Anatolia even abt. 85%. This is the common way in history and not what I refer to. I refer to an event where the indigenous population is essentially wiped out (genocided) and the following population not also decends from them (from which circumstance some legitimacy could have been derived). This ought to apply to Australia and also to notable parts of the USA and to Cuba. And it is comparably rare.

Doubtless those things "are human nature and history". But after every murder is as well, I'm not sure what should be derived from such a determination.

39.8 (Balto-)Slavic
    39.0 Germanic
    19.2 Celtic-like
    1.8 Graeco-Roman
    0.2 Finnic-like

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

Mexicans, we mexicans are sexy native americans with just Spanish,Mena, SSA Input

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Colonial Mexican
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,358
    Given: 5,538

0 Not allowed!

The spread of Anglo-Saxons over the British Isles, the spread of the Germanics south of the Harz and the spread of the Turkmen-like Turks to Anatolia are comparable to the immigration of Spaniards to Mexico: In all those cases the indigenous people remained a big proportion of the following mixture, often abt. 50% and in Anatolia even abt. 85%. This is the common way in history and not what I refer to. I refer to an event where the indigenous population is essentially wiped out (genocided) and the following population not also decends from them (from which circumstance some legitimacy could have been derived). This ought to apply to Australia and also to notable parts of the USA and to Cuba. And it is comparably rare.

Doubtless those things "are human nature and history". But after every murder is as well, I'm not sure what should be derived from such a determination.
    An Interesting fact the Hispanization of Mexico happened after the Indepence of massive race mixing before Indepence Mexico was only 20% mestizo and "white" yet today even pure amerindians have small admixtures of Spanish.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Eastern German
    Country
    Germany
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laredo View Post
    Mexicans, we mexicans are sexy native americans with just Spanish,Mena, SSA Input
    I refrain from assessing whether that Gomorrah is sexy or not. But, however, nobody can say that today's Mexicans don't belong to Mexico.

39.8 (Balto-)Slavic
    39.0 Germanic
    19.2 Celtic-like
    1.8 Graeco-Roman
    0.2 Finnic-like

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well then a better comparison may be both the bell beaker invasion of Britain which whipped out 90% of the previous population's genetics from the isles, or the Assyrian conquest of Elam which nearly destroyed the entire elamite population, either way whipping out of peoples off the face of the earth was not unheard of in prehistory, and the majority of the deaths of native americans were caused by disease anyways, with an estimated 75-90% of the population of north america (not including central america) being dead before the bulk of europeans arrived do to the spread of small pox and other european diseases that came from animal husbandry (which was not practiced by native american's besides Llamas in the Andes).

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information