Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Why are men often darker than women in couples?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    French Alpinoide
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    France
    Taxonomy
    French Alpinoide
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,282
    Given: 1,180

0 Not allowed!

Darker ? I do not know. My father (northern French) has darker hair and eyes than my mother (who has hazel eyes and chesnut hair), but he may have had lighter hair at the time (he is 62 years old) and light or dark chesnut hair can turn almost dark brown or dark gray with age...

My dad has actually a more darker skin color than my mom, but that's not a comparable thing: my dad started working at the age of 15, so he was exposed to the sun pretty early, and a tan over several years is not something that comes off easily.

But I couldn't tell if this is a general thing.

There are also parameters that must be taken into account: many women have a tendency to dye their hair to find the color of their youth (childhood or adolescence), it is not totally "cheating" (since this person has actually had this hair color) but it is a distortion of reality. In addition, women have makeup that makes their skin color lighter ...

Men are more natural than women; in the North of France, many men were workers and exposed themselves a lot to the sun, in addition to working in the mine. It is therefore normal for a man to appear "darker" than his wife if the latter has been less exposed to the sun, if she tends to lighten her hair (with products) and her skin with make-up.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Paddy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 556

0 Not allowed!

Of course women will say they prefer dark and tanned etc but that IMO is down to decades of Hollywood brainwashing. Look at all films from the 80s. Nearly all the bad guys were blond.

Blonds are rarer and whats rare is more valuable. Also saying blond men are more feminine is nonsense. Its the other way around if anything.

But leaving all that aside, women will go with their feelings a lot of the time. I don't think hair colour would be a deal breaker for them.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,033
    Given: 6,627

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by slaog View Post
    Of course women will say they prefer dark and tanned etc but that IMO is down to decades of Hollywood brainwashing. Look at all films from the 80s. Nearly all the bad guys were blond.

Blonds are rarer and whats rare is more valuable. Also saying blond men are more feminine is nonsense. Its the other way around if anything.

But leaving all that aside, women will go with their feelings a lot of the time. I don't think hair colour would be a deal breaker for them.
    Anti-Nordic brainwashing aside, most of the white Hollywood 'heart-throbs' are not particularly dark, they tend to look broadly NW European, reflecting the majority population, and I would estimate they have a higher rate of light hair and blue-eyes than exists in the white US population. The same is true for Australian media/actors.

More women saying they're attracted to brunets is not saying much, as brunets are far more common than blonds, even in Northern Europe. If only 20% of men are blond, and only 20% of women are more attracted to blonds, then blond men are not underperforming. If 25% of women prefer blonds in that instance then blonds are more attractive for their population share. Attraction is not just sexual for women either, security and trust is a big thing, in that respect blond/light-eyed men have an advantage, they would be perceived as safer and higher-status. 'Incels' and those types don't tend to be blond, at least I've not seen them.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    Anti-Nordic brainwashing aside, most of the white Hollywood 'heart-throbs' are not particularly dark, they tend to look broadly NW European, reflecting the majority population, and I would estimate they have a higher rate of light hair and blue-eyes than exists in the white US population. The same is true for Australian media/actors.

More women saying they're attracted to brunets is not saying much, as brunets are far more common than blonds, even in Northern Europe. If only 20% of men are blond, and only 20% of women are more attracted to blonds, then blond men are not underperforming. If 25% of women prefer blonds in that instance then blonds are more attractive for their population share. Attraction is not just sexual for women either, security and trust is a big thing, in that respect blond/light-eyed men have an advantage, they would be perceived as safer and higher-status. 'Incels' and those types don't tend to be blond, at least I've not seen them.
    Brunet musclebound man and blond musclebound man. I am sure both are more-or-less equally popular with women:

El_Jibaro

0 Not allowed!

Well, its true in both the case of my parents and in my own marriage. My dad is a swarthoid while my mom is fair skinned and cannot tan. My wife is also very fair skinned with blonde hair and light eyes while I´m more of a wog

I don´t know why this would be, something about opposites attracting or something something.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information