Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Similarities between Spanish/Portuguese and Arabic!

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimăo + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

2 Not allowed!

It is funny how my thread gained so much traction. I'm not saying Portugal and Spain cultures are at all close to arabic or North Africa. They are not... not even close. There are small similarities in the language that are basically extinct in modern-day Spanish and Portuguese. I'm just pointing those small things out. Take it with a grain of salt.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Triracial Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Latino
    Ancestry
    70% European (Pred. Iberian, 1/16 Italian), 13% Native American, 12% SSA, and 5% MENA
    Country
    Venezuela
    Y-DNA
    R-L23
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    "Castizo": Alpinid + Med + Minor Amazonid
    Politics
    Independent/moderate
    Hero
    Peter Parker, Luke Skywalker, MLK
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,822
    Given: 5,073

2 Not allowed!

I dont understand why people got mad at this thread, he was very specifically with his examples on the beginning of thread that it was language based only. Anyways pretty cool dude! nice thread

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2020 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,362
    Given: 5,351

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Spanish/Portuguese vocabulary contain a few Arabic words, nothing else. That has nothing to do with deny part of our history. To start these words arrived to our vocabulary thanks Mozarabs (Christians who lived in Muslim territories), not even directly due Muslims.

Aníbal, hijo de una noble íbera

http://corsoasaliente.blogspot.com/2...ble-ibera.html

according Tito Livio:

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/An%C3%ADbal

http://ocadizdigital.es/noticia/c%C3...C3%ADbal-barca

https://historiasdelahistoria.com/20...-a-las-puertas

Who did you think his mother was? a brown Moroccan from Rabat or what?

Strange only the spanish wiki and spanish articles mention this "madre ibera" meanwhile I clicked on their source of Livy and he didn't mention any iberian woman (that's the source in your article : http://bcs.fltr.ucl.ac.be/LIV/XXI.html#1 ) so I'm not suprised that iberians are lying and try to appropriate him because during that period it's north africans who again submitted iberia.

for example look here no one mention an iberian woman :

Hannibal Barca was born in Carthage (present-day Tunisia) in approximately 247 B.C. He was the son of Carthaginian general Hamilcar Barca (Barca meaning "thunderbolt"). After Carthage's defeat by the Romans in the First Punic War in 241 B.C, Hamilcar devoted himself to improving both his and Carthage's fortunes. At an early age, he took Hannibal to Spain and made him swear eternal hostility toward the Roman Empire.
    https://www.biography.com/military-figure/hannibal

Hannibal was born in 247 B.C. in North Africa. Polybius and Livy, whose histories of Rome are the main Latin sources regarding his life, claimed that Hannibal’s father, the great Carthaginian general Hamilcar Barca, brought his son to Spain (a region he had begun to conquer around 237 B.C.) at a young age. Hamilcar died in 229 B.C. and was succeeded by his son-in-law Hasdrubal, who made the young Hannibal an officer in the Carthaginian army.
    https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-history/hannibal

even on the berber encyclopedia there is no information about his mother : https://journals.openedition.org/enc...ieberbere/1653

also there is no information about the wife of hamilcar : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilcar_Barca

You're again lying trying to claim a north african general because you're ashamed of your past and yes Hannibal looked more like me the brown moroccan than you that's for sure.

So after afrocentrism It is the turn of iberocentrism XD

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Comarca d'Entre-Douro-e-Minho (Northern Portugal)
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R-P311
    mtDNA
    U5b1c
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranid
    Religion
    Catholic church
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,540
    Given: 10,948

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    It is funny how my thread gained so much traction. I'm not saying Portugal and Spain cultures are at all close to arabic or North Africa. They are not... not even close. There are small similarities in the language that are basically extinct in modern-day Spanish and Portuguese. I'm just pointing those small things out. Take it with a grain of salt.

Whether they like it or not, it is clear that there are Arabic words in the languages ​​of the Iberian Peninsula. And it is not a conspiracy theory ... it is linguists and scholars who say it ... There are Arabic words such as there are Germanic ones etc. I found the thread interesting and it's a sign that you like culture without fanaticism (we're just talking about loose words)
    Target: Pedro_scaled
    Distance: 0.6354% / 0.00635357
    54.2% Iberia
    21.6% Scotland
    12.4% North Africa (Tunisian Berber)
    8.6% Italia (Lazio)
    2.4% West Africa (Gambian)
    0.8% South America (Amerindian Caribe)

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimăo + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Ruben View Post
    Whether they like it or not, it is clear that there are Arabic words in the languages ​​of the Iberian Peninsula. And it is not a conspiracy theory ... it is linguists and scholars who say it ... There are Arabic words such as there are Germanic ones etc. I found the thread interesting and it's a sign that you like culture without fanaticism (we're just talking about loose words)
    ty

Banned
    Last Online
    07-05-2023 @ 12:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtibero
    Country
    Spain
    Hero
    Don Pelayo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 953
    Given: 61

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Luso
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Ruben View Post

there is no similarity with any non-Latin language, although there are words that derive from Arabic, Persian, native american, germanic, or chinese

Similarity is the one that exists with English due to its strong Latin and French influence, where for example words ending in on like accion, afiliacion, atencion, only replaces the t for the c. Or words like geologia, terminologia, familia, replace the ia with the y, or words like logica, cultura, rata, remove the vowel or replace con the e

neither Arab nor North African will understand a single word of Spanish, these isolated nouns were totally modified throughout the centuries in both pronunciation and writing.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nassbean View Post
    Strange only the spanish wiki and spanish articles mention this "madre ibera" meanwhile I clicked on their source of Livy and he didn't mention any iberian woman (that's the source in your article : http://bcs.fltr.ucl.ac.be/LIV/XXI.html#1 ) so I'm not suprised that iberians are lying and try to appropriate him because during that period it's north africans who again submitted iberia.

for example look here no one mention an iberian woman :

https://www.biography.com/military-figure/hannibal

https://www.history.com/topics/ancient-history/hannibal

even on the berber encyclopedia there is no information about his mother : https://journals.openedition.org/enc...ieberbere/1653

also there is no information about the wife of hamilcar : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilcar_Barca

You're again lying trying to claim a north african general because you're ashamed of your past and yes Hannibal looked more like me the brown moroccan than you that's for sure.

So after afrocentrism It is the turn of iberocentrism XD
    Jejeje so your poor argument here is : " hey Cristiano, as I can not post any link where they even say the origin of the hannibals mother, I am going to say your links are false and that all spaniards are lying. Not only that, you spaniards are claiming Hannibal as part Iberian, even if for you Hannibal was a dirty brown North African invasor, hated by any decent spaniard"

I guess Tito livio had to be another Spanish liar according you

Last Online
    06-18-2021 @ 07:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    UltraNordid_mybad
    Ethnicity
    Aboriginal European
    Ancestry
    Spain for the last millenia.
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Gota_type_
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,391
    Given: 487

0 Not allowed!

You are just a person with mental issues or with sub80 IQ . Not even going to destroy your stupidities with a serious reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    My identity is MEXICAN, Mexican American, Chicano etc, I have an identity and a culture i'm part of

I am a Moor, I now reclaim my Moorish ancestry!!! Moroccans themselves on TikTok have told me we Latinos are accepted
    Where do you think our Moorish ancestry on these genetic come from? from thin air? from Moroccan immigration? Get help!

Natives had all that and much more advanced and healthy lifestyle, may I remind you the hundreds of nasty diseases your people carried that Natives didnt?
    You guys were the Chinese people of the Americas, eating nasty and bizarre shit that natives considered as disgusting
    Natives had universities, they had laws, they had schools, their homes were nice and cleaned

all of this without the help of the outside world
    your ancestors needed the influence of Greeks, Germanics, Celtics, Romans and Africans (Egypt and Morocco) to achieve something great LOL
    please never compare yourself with natives, your people without the help of others wouldn't be where it is at, enough said

No one gave us culture other than natives and blacks, do you really think we give two fucks about that nasty as Spanish music that not even your damn people like listening to??? do you know what music they love playing at Spanish nightclubs???? They like playing Latino music that was influence by AFRICANS

and dont get me started with our foods, no one is out here eating the basic unflavored as food from Spain, we like eating our plantains, corn, tortillas, beans, rice, yuca, tamales, etc

LOL mix racing is GENOCIDE, sending HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS of single MEN to the Americas and FORCING interracial marriages is GENOCIDE, sir lol you dont need to RAPE a population to commit genocide
    all you need to do is force interracial marriages, why do you think blacks in Latin America were at a high rate mixing with other populations????

BECAUSE SPANIARDS WOULD ONLY ALLOW THEM FREEDOM IF THEY MIXED WITH INDIGENOUS OR MIX RACE POPULATIONS!
    they couldnt mix with other blacks because that was bad for them

you really need to inform yourself a bit more about the dark history your ancestors left in the americas and the current disaster they created that came with colonization
    it came with discrimination, it came with a caste system, it came with white privilege, it came with self hatred, it came with the elimination of many Amerindians through force interracial marriages among other shit

i feel sorry if you cant think outside the box, i feel sorry for you that your pride for Spain and your people blind you from the cruel reality that happened in the Americas
    because if all this happened in Europe, it would be a different story you would be singing

Just because Amerindians were isolated from the world doesnt mean they were not human LMAO you are a moron and a prime example of the low IQ of your people
    according to your logic, just now I barely knew of your existence, therefore before that, you were nothing but a savage virus what was not human LOL god you are dumb as hell

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information