Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Similarities between Spanish/Portuguese and Arabic!

Banned
    Last Online
    02-13-2024 @ 02:18 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Diverse
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    North Pontid-Iranid-Faelid
    Politics
    Pragmathic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,154
    Given: 1,061

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamal900 View Post
    it's funny how I can understand these ancient texts pretty well while I couldn't understand the Maghrebi Arabic dialects today, rofl.
    What? This singer is algerian!

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrificed Ram View Post
    What? This singer is algerian!
    Exactly, rofl. I love listening to Cheb Khalid and so on, but I couldn't understand most if not all the lyrics of his songs and so on. The funny thing is that Maghrebis understand our dialects quite well, but we couldn't understand theirs which is why they would speak either Lebanese or Palestinian dialects for us to understand them.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimăo + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    The largest Portuguese dictionary available contains 442,000 entries but the number of "sayable and writable" word-forms is estimated at over 2 million. Taking only the dictionary into account, about one thousand words (according to the estimations in the OP video) are of Arabic origin which means roughly 0.2% of the total vocabulary. Not to mention that as stated on the video, the majority of them are not currently in use or have equivalents in Portuguese.
    Yeah most are old words that were basically garbaged. Obviously, Portugeuse and Espanol are both Latin Romance Language that belongs to the Indo-european family of languages.

But Arabs, of course, had some impact in the Portuguese and Spanish language in the year 711 when Arabs / Moorish dominated the Iberian peninsula so they had a lot of Arabic lend words. Just not as much as some people may agree with-- also that most of those words aren't used today aside from locations and olive oil... i.e. Algarve (Portuguese), Andalusia (Spanish), aceite (Spanish), azeite (Portuguese), etc etc.

List of Arabic Portuguese words-Wikipedia (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._Arabic_origin)

Arabic and Portuguese/Spanish are completely different because of tradition and nothing else like almost all languages that affect each other as nations meet through war, commerce, etc. Just that there is slight exchange as any country will have over the centuries nearby.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,285
    Given: 4,691

2 Not allowed!

I watched one of the videos before, by Langfocus, a youtuber I really like. But, I think that it really proved that there wasn't as much language influence as people thought. Also, what language influence there was also faded with time. (The same can be said about art).

Also, sharing some words does not make the languages similar. For example, Japanese words in English. There are Japanese loanwords in English, like "Typhoon." But the languages are completely different. This is similar to Arabic/Castillian/Portuguese. There are words that are shared because there was a utility for them (for example algodon), but on the whole, the languages are totally different.

The only reason people still make a big deal about this is because of a certain historical event that no one can get past for reasons

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gota_type_ View Post
    All things related with gay "marriage" or gay parades and all of this shit was something IMPOSSED TO US by traitor governments. There was zero social demand for this and someday we woke up and 1 politician said that gay "marriage" has been approved. If they had done a referéndum I can tell you that 70-80% of SPaniards would have said: "NO" no gay marriages.

About gay parades. 80% of the people in the Madrid gay parade are foreigners from other Euro countries. And it was something promoted by leftists politicians to make people believe that we are "modern" and "tolerant" or whatever. Then "right" politicians just continue to allow them because they don´t want to lose the votes of many "tolerant" people.

In the end they are impositions against the majority of us. There was zero demand for it. And it is the same with massive inmigration. In 2000 we had zero foreigners. In 2004 we had 4 million of ilegal inmigrants and they started to legalize them, for no reason. So, they were totalitarian impositions against natives. We have never been asked about this. Call it ""democracies"". And most people don´t like gay marriages or gay parades but the issue here is that people don´t want to be shown as ""intolerants"" or ""francoists"", so weak minded people say that they support it. If we had anonymous referéndums most people will say NO. That is why they dont do referéndums because politicians know that they will lose them.

And by the way, to the moro Nassbean or whatever his Nick is: yesterday I saw the video of 2 swedish girls that were raped and beheaded by moroccoans scum in Morocco. For no reason. They were just tourists or wanted to help people in Morocco. But they found moroccoans which are shit 99.999999999% of them. It is imposible that something like that is done in any European country. The lack of empathy that those bastards have make them to be much lower than rats. I would save 1 rat over 99.99999999% of moroccoans. The worst scum on Earth. For many reasons, but things like these are the most graphic about how normal moroccoans are. Those that beheaded the girls were just normal moroccoans (not delinquents), just animal trash that should deserve that all their families are beheaded in front of these 2 bastards, and then torture them and last dismember them and give the trash flesh to feed sharks.
    Yeah. I was just trolling Christiano here specifically, rofl.

Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 11:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    CUCARACHA
    Country
    Liechtenstein
    Taxonomy
    CUCARACHA
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,395
    Given: 890

0 Not allowed!

"Spaniards are north africans"

Another day on The Apricity

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamal900 View Post
    Yeah. I was just trolling Christiano here specifically, rofl.
    You can not troll me, Arab.
    Te only thing you can do is sucking the dicks of Americans, telling what they think about this and there. Such troll you are, jojo!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    Because members here can be hypocrites, Iberians praise the conquest of the Americas and the genocide of indigenous people
    But yet hate the history and colonization of their own country, they have a dislike for your people because of that conquest
    BUUUUUUT if Latinos have a dislike against Iberians for the conquest, they get butt hurt smh

they need to learn to embrace that dark past history, just like they tell us to embrace ours
    I also don't see the point of them hating your people for conquering their ancestors smh they should be thanking your people for not having the heart to slaughter half their population
    and enforce your language, religion, culture and traditions on them, maybe then, they would understand what indigenous people and decolonized Latinos feel about the conquest of the Americas

I guess, only they have a right to hate on their colonizers, and we Latinos cant do that
    the difference is that spaniards left a religion, a language, a culture and blood and surnames... while moors left nothing here

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Epic, Mythical, Mythological and Biblical
    Ethnicity
    Espańol
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,540
    Given: 4,803

2 Not allowed!

I don't understand absolutely any Arabic. I am familiar and in Spain we listen to music in French, Italian, English or German interpreters singing in English are famous interpreters in Spain where nobody listens to music in Arabic. It's stupid to insist on something we don't even know. The monuments are ok but we deeply rejected that period because they were defeated and we do not feel it ours, the monuments are ours because they are on our soil.

And the feeling of the Spaniard must be respected, not what a subnormal says that he is not even European.
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY7449/
    E-V22 - E-BY7449 - E-BY7566 - E-FT155550
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2022 @ 11:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Silves + Portimăo + Ferragudo, Portugal
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-Z225
    mtDNA
    H1c3
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,076
    Given: 6,670

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffmannn View Post
    "Spaniards are north africans"

Another day on The Apricity
    Who said that?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E1b1a-FT4968
    mtDNA
    V6b1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,477
    Given: 2,729

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    Because members here can be hypocrites, Iberians praise the conquest of the Americas and the genocide of indigenous people
    But yet hate the history and colonization of their own country, they have a dislike for your people because of that conquest
    BUUUUUUT if Latinos have a dislike against Iberians for the conquest, they get butt hurt smh

they need to learn to embrace that dark past history, just like they tell us to embrace ours
    I also don't see the point of them hating your people for conquering their ancestors smh they should be thanking your people for not having the heart to slaughter half their population
    and enforce your language, religion, culture and traditions on them, maybe then, they would understand what indigenous people and decolonized Latinos feel about the conquest of the Americas

I guess, only they have a right to hate on their colonizers, and we Latinos cant do that
    Well don't do it, what's the problem?

And I would like to know the data of the deaths caused by the Spanish conquest of America. With reliable sources.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information