Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Bezos will soon become the world's first trillionaire!

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

2 Not allowed!

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...rce-settlement
    A judge ... transferring the Amazon shares – worth $38bn (£29bn) – into MacKenzie Bezos’s name. It is by some distance the largest divorce settlement in history the previous record was $2.5bn paid to Jocelyn Wildenstein when she divorced art dealer Alec Wildenstein in 1999 ... Following the settlement MacKenzie Bezos, 49, an author ... [has become] the world’s fourth-richest woman, and has already promised to give away at least half of her fortune.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,268
    Given: 13,626

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    I don't understand why someone with $100+ billion dollars doesn't just give their employees whatever they want. $15/hr. Maternity leave, paternity leave, medical insurance, etc. He gave his employees a wage increase, but then took away their benefits. We all know damn well that he can afford to give them both.
    He doesn't have that amount of money to give employees whatever they want. No large company or man on top today does. Rarely some company today can give that, maybe those companies who are solely into licensing and such. Even those companies have to invest (advertisements, new offices etc), not to mention companies who are into production (new factories, research&development etc). Trump's net worth is 2 or 3 billion, but he has 300 million or so in cash if that much at all for example. Jeff's yearly net income is like one billion dollars. You may have read that his net worth increased 10 billion dollars in a single day, but that doesn't mean he got 10 billion dollars of cash on his pay pal account, just that the value of company got higher and would he decided to sell his part of shares. In half a year shares could go down 15 billion. It is very hard today to stay competitive, companies have to invest a lot just to stay in business or to stay at top. They have lots of revenues, but also lots of expenditures hence small profit and today you have to constantly invest to stay in business or you'll get eaten and you can never know what is gonna happen tomorrow.
    Last edited by Insuperable; 05-19-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,268
    Given: 13,626

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KirillMazur View Post
    Imperialism on the march - because of ongoing coronacrisis only bezosos will survive. There will no other options.
    Today's situation successfully brings to the surface all the contradictions. Defenders of various bezoses should be strained, because pittance from the master's table will be scarcer.
    You have Stockholm syndrome, comrade - it often develops among those who themselves do not give up hope of becoming at least the most long unsold "sir" and to fully recoup, oppressing those who have not become "honorable gentlemen" themselves. Take away from you this redneck dream - and life will lose its meaning.
    What if Bezos comes to you tomorrow and says that he will give all his fortune to you? I think you would delete this thread.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

2 Not allowed!

I'm no communist but I see no reason for billionaires.

I'm ok with millionaires though, they can provide utility to society - but billionaires don't add anything.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2021 @ 11:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Zeta Reticulan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Copernican Principle
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,346
    Given: 1,328

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    He doesn't have that amount of money to give employees whatever they want. No large company or man on top today does. Rarely some company today can give that, maybe those companies who are solely in licensing and such. Even those companies have to invest (advertisements, new offices etc), not to mention companies who are into production (new factories, research&development etc). Trump's net worth is 2 or 3 billion, but he has 300 million or so in cash if that much at all for example. Jeff's yearly net income is like one billion dollars. You may have read that his net worth increased 10 billion dollars in a single day, but that doesn't mean he got 10 billion dollars of cash on his pay pal account, just that the value of company got higher and would he decided to sell his part of shares. In half a year shares could go down 15 billion. It is very hard today to stay competitive, companies have to invest a lot just to stay in business or to stay at top. They have lots of revenues, but also lots of expenditures hence small profit and today you have to constantly invest to stay in business or you'll get eaten and you can never know what is gonna happen tomorrow.
    When a company is in stock market every decision matters. Its being watching by investors, public, your governments, other governments, everyone and through all the possible lenses. I bet big company owners like him lose a couple of days of their lives whenever markets start to shake and their stock price drop even for a single cent.

Inactive
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 11:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,731
    Given: 5,555

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    What if Bezos comes to you tomorrow and says that he will give all his fortune to you? I think you would delete this thread.
    No, I would not delete the post.
    1) to be an “effective manager” in the capitalist interpretation - this contradicts the values that my parents taught me (or were present in me initially).
    2) living in constant fear of losing these billions plus being an object of hatred for a huge number of people - such a life is also not for me. I am pleased with what I have.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

3 Not allowed!

In fact this is pretty much the opposite of "liberalism" : monopolies and very big companies...

"Allobroges vaillants ! Dans vos vertes campagnes,
    Accordez-moi toujours asile et sûreté,
    Car j'aime à respirer l'air pur de vos montagnes,
    Je suis la Liberté ! la Liberté !"

Last Online
    06-16-2021 @ 02:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    New-World White
    Ancestry
    Western Europe
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Basically Alpine
    Politics
    Ethno-Nationalism Meets Animal Liberation
    Religion
    Agnostic Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 95

0 Not allowed!

If someone makes millions of times as much as you do, the only reasonable explanation is that they literally work millions of times as hard as you do. I have no idea how the fuck this is possible, but it sure is impressive.
    Dominion: Full Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    I would provide semen but I wouldnt bang her. Maybe I would if you really want it but I doubt someone really wants that. I know I wouldnt want that but I would accept semen.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    If someone makes millions of times as much as you do, the only reasonable explanation is that they literally work millions of times as hard as you do. I have no idea how the fuck this is possible, but it sure is impressive.
    That is dumbest thing I ever heard. The owners of the means of production don't work. The proletariat create surplus wealth and parasitic bourgeoisie confiscates that surplus wealth and pays the proletariat a small fraction of what the object or product or service they produced is worth.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-10-2021 @ 03:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    75% Slav, 25% Vlach
    Ethnicity
    50% Ukranian +25% South Polish + 25 Moldovan
    Ancestry
    Ukraine and Moldova
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Gracile Med
    Politics
    What ever suits my level of wealth.
    Hero
    EHG
    Religion
    PALEOISLAMIST
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,992
    Given: 432

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    It’s the only thing that makes sense. Other wise them owning enough money to buy half of the country wouldn’t make sense. But good thing it’s true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information