Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: How do Spainards differ from Portuguese in terms of behaviour?

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,666
    Given: 5,623

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    true. But you even have communists in power (same than here but here only since only some months ago, not years).
    Portugal even has and /or has had black and Jewish presidents, that never would happen in Spain.
    Not communists in power, that is the case in Spain with 5 ministers of Podemos in the government.

Here on the 2015 elections the PSD was the most voted party but not enough to have parliamentary majority in coalition with the CDS-PP, so the PS for the first time in history made a deal with the far left to form a coalition to allow a parliamentary majority and form a viable PS government. The PSOE did the same with Podemos but actually went further because they have 5 ministers, in Portugal the "coalition" is only parliamentary, the far left has no members in the governement.

Jorge Sampaio half jewish ancestry (his mother was sephardic jewish) was never brought up and is unknown to 99% of the population, I only knew about it on these forums and when I read it on wikipedia, besides he is agnostic and was even pro-Palestinian. Anyway people in general have absolutely nothing against the Jews here, it is even considered a stupid mistake and a historical injustice the expulsion and forced conversion of Jews in the 15th/16th centuries.

Black president ?! We have currently a Goese prime-minister, António Costa. Old Goese families consider themselves Portuguese not Indian, it was a colony until 1961, still today many Goese catholics in Goa identitify as Portuguese and refuse to be Indian. His ancestry was never an issue, Goese are very integrated (we don't view them at all as other Indian recent immigrants), in that I think Portugal is different and not racist comparing to many european countries.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-05-2023 @ 12:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtibero
    Country
    Spain
    Hero
    Don Pelayo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 953
    Given: 61

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus Rex View Post
    I see it often when I go to restaurants/mesóns, are you calling me a liar or do you want me to send you some pictures next time I go to Ayamonte?
    you are uninformed, you are relating an occasional gathering of friends or family on celebration, festivity, or holiday, with the usual way of eating

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information