Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Video shows Minneapolis cop with knee on neck of motionless, moaning man who later died

Oi you lots
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Country
    Jamaica
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,132
    Given: 4,897

1 Not allowed!

Default Video shows Minneapolis cop with knee on neck of motionless, moaning man who later died

A video taken by an onlooker Monday evening shows a Minneapolis police officer keeping his knee on the neck of a motionless, moaning man at the foot of a squad car. The man, who was later identified as George Floyd, later died.

Tuesday afternoon, Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo announced that four officers involved are now "former employees" with the department, CBS Minnesota reports. Mayor Jacob Frey tweeted, "Four responding MPD officers involved in the death of George Floyd have been terminated. This is the right call."

A police statement said officers were responding to a "forgery in progress." "Officers were advised that the suspect was sitting on top of a blue car and appeared to be under the influence," the statement said. "Two officers arrived and located the suspect, a male believed to be in his 40s, in his car. He was ordered to step from his car.

"After he got out, he physically resisted officers. Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress. Officers called for an ambulance," according to the statement.

The man died soon after, the statement said, adding: "At no time were weapons of any type used by anyone involved in this incident. … Body worn cameras were on and activated during this incident."

Arradondo said at a press conference Tuesday that the FBI will lead the investigation into the incident due to the possible civil rights violation.

The man who died was identified as George Floyd by Ben Crump, a prominent civil rights and personal injury attorney who said he had been hired by Floyd's family.

"We all watched the horrific death of George Floyd on video as witnesses begged the police officer to take him into the police car and get off his neck," Crump said in a statement. "This abusive, excessive and inhumane use of force cost the life of a man who was being detained by the police for questioning about a non-violent charge."

Two of the officers involved have been "relieved of duty status," Arradondo said. The officers are still receiving pay, but have no law enforcement duties.

The video, captured by Darnella Frazier, begins with the man, who is black, groaning and repeatedly saying "I can't breathe" to the officer who has his knee on the man's neck. The officer is white.

"Please," the man pleads. "I can't breathe," and continues to moan. An officer keeps insisting he get in the car, while the man repeatedly says he can't.

"My stomach hurts. My neck hurts. Everything hurts. … (I need) water or something. Please. Please. I can't breathe, officer. … I cannot breathe. I cannot breathe." That was followed by more groaning.

Link

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

4 Not allowed!

Before:

After:

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Oi you lots
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Country
    Jamaica
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,132
    Given: 4,897

0 Not allowed!

Disgusting

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-08-2021 @ 05:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo Saxon
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,020
    Given: 2,574

1 Not allowed!

Probably CV19 death.

Last Online
    06-18-2021 @ 07:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    UltraNordid_mybad
    Ethnicity
    Aboriginal European
    Ancestry
    Spain for the last millenia.
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Gota_type_
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,391
    Given: 487

13 Not allowed!

I guess that the US pólice would be less harmful if blacks in the USA had a record of behaving correctly and not making trouble. I am sure that there have been hundreds of White pólice men killed in the 60-70-80 of the XX century, so they don´t want to be killed and they over-act when they have to confront with blacks. I obviously consider these exceptions (this video) as something reprobable and this pólice should face criminal charges.

Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,451
    Given: 7,900

8 Not allowed!

And how do we know he's not responsible for previous crimes? The fucking media kept saying Arbery was innocent, until when evidence came out he had a huge criminal record with burglaries and trespasses into foreign properties.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    07-10-2020 @ 08:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Wuhanian
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 344

2 Not allowed!

This son of a whore got be chopped alive.
    Salt should be poured over him meanwhile.
    Heartless son of a bastard

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

3 Not allowed!

The original post is pointless and retarded. For instance, it does not tell you how many unarmed black men are killed a year by police and it does put it in context of other pertinent statistics.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-08-2023 @ 05:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ⴷⵉⵀⵢⴰ
    Ethnicity
    Riffian
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Amazigh
    Y-DNA
    E-M81
    mtDNA
    Steppe tragedy U5B3D
    Hero
    𐤀𐤔𐤕𐤓𐤕
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,744
    Given: 1,822

10 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenon View Post
    And how do we know he's not responsible for previous crimes? The fucking media kept saying Arbery was innocent, until when evidence came out he had a huge criminal record with burglaries and trespasses into foreign properties.
    But still, if he was a criminal, dont you think ignoring his screams about he can't breath and fucking break his neck with your damn knee is to much? The neck is a very sensible area, the dude was in the ground with no resistence just put him in the damn car and move on. That was disgusting to watch, a man begging for his life.

Last Online
    06-11-2023 @ 11:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,762
    Given: 3,655

22 Not allowed!

He had him restrained and handcuffed. All he had to do was move his knee. Instead he slowly suffocated him. I hope all three of them see prison time for murdering that man. Unbelievable.

Edit: Just read that not only were they fired but the mayor has handed the case over to the FBI to investigate for potential criminal charges. This is probably the right call because whenever the investigation is done by their own department you can never escape allegations of impropriety.

Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread Information