Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am against this subforum. Also against the catalunyan and "euskadi" subforum

Last Online
    03-23-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,742
    Given: 3,217

0 Not allowed!

I think this was more about language than politics.

Question to spanish users: what is the current state of galician language in your opinion?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-15-2021 @ 04:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 685
    Given: 443

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Damião de Góis View Post

Question to spanish users: what is the current state of galician language in your opinion?

In Spain, both concepts (regional) language and (localist) politics are strongly mixed.

Current state of the galician language?

Who better than a Galician to explain it:

https://www.elespanol.com/opinion/tr...843815_12.html

El_Jibaro

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Damião de Góis View Post

I lived in Pontevedra (where my dad is from) for two years growing up and usually visit every year or so (not last year for reasons obvious). About half the population in Galicia speaks Gallego, but sadly most of the speakers are older people. The younger people speak Gallego just in rural areas outside the major cities (almost impossible to see young people from the city speaking it, save for independentistas and others). I have been all over the province of Coruña and it has caught my attention that in Santiago people speak much more in Gallego than elsewhere. I know people from Costa da Morte and they also all speak Gallego and I speak it with them, in fact I like this and it seems ridiculous to me that in stores and such, they speak Castilian to you as if it had a higher "level". I do not like those who do not respect Gallego, nor do I like those who do not respect Castilian...there are many people, especially in "La Coru" who have it in their heads that speaking Gallego is from paletos. Of course lets not mention the fact that the "standardized" Gallego they teach in schools has nothing to do with the traditional one, basically the fucking nationalists have invented a new language in order to differentiate it from Castilian and make it seem more like the Portuguese. Anyway I speak the real Gallego of my ancestors since my father taught me it. I'm proud of my roots and many people have struggled before me to be able to speak this beautiful language without getting shot in the head for it

El problema del gallego, supongo q como el catalán o el euskera, es que si lo hablas eres un gañán y si no lo hablas eres un facha...Y esto despues se mezcla con la política parlamentaria y ya tenemos polóticas errantes cada 4 años. En fin...

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Jibaro View Post
    I lived in Pontevedra (where my dad is from) for two years growing up and usually visit every year or so (not last year for reasons obvious) About half the population in Galicia speaks Gallego, but sadly most of the speakers are older people. The younger people speak Gallego just in rural areas outside the major cities (almost impossible to see young people from the city speaking it, save for independentistas and others). I have been all over the province of Coruña and it has caught my attention that in Santiago people speak much more in Gallego than elsewhere. I know people from Costa da Morte and they also all speak Gallego and I speak it with them, in fact I like this and it seems ridiculous to me that in stores and such, they speak Castilian to you as if it had a higher "level". I do not like those who do not respect Gallego, nor do I like those who do not respect Castilian...there are many people, especially in "La Coru" who have it in their heads that speaking Gallego is from paletos. Of course lets not mention the fact that the "standardized" Gallego they teach in schools has nothing to do with the traditional one, basically the fucking nationalists have invented a new language in order to differentiate it from Castilian and make it seem more like the Portuguese. Anyway I speak the real Gallego of my ancestors since my father taught me it. I'm proud of my roots and many people have struggled before me to be able to speak this beautiful language without getting shot in the head for it

El problema del gallego, supongo q como el catalán o el euskera, es que si lo hablas eres un gañán y si no lo hablas eres un facha...Y esto despues se mezcla con la política parlamentaria y ya tenemos polóticas errantes cada 4 años. En fin...

Eso es un mito, Jibaro, creado y exquisita y ampliamente difundido por el rojerío perdedor en la pasada guerra civil.

Te invito a que leas el artículo cuyo link le he pegado a Damiao, escrito por un gallego precisamente.

El_Jibaro

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Garcia View Post
    Eso es un mito, Jibaro, creado y exquisita y ampliamente difundido por el rojerío perdedor en la pasada guerra civil.

Te invito a que leas el artículo cuyo link le he pegado a Damiao, escrito por un gallego precisamente.
    Quizás me equivoque, es posible jeje

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Jibaro View Post
    Quizás me equivoque, es posible jeje
    Sí, Jíbaro, es que el monstruo propagandístico funciona así. Toma uno por verdaderos los slogans e historias inventadas que te repiten, y siguen repitiendo, de cualquier modo, y por cualquier vía. Todos somos o hemos sido víctimas de lo mismo. Hasta que se nos abren los ojos y empleamos el criticismo. Es muy duro, pues la maraña de mentiras y medias verdades --que es en las que se basa la propaganda-- es inmensa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information