H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maintenance View Post
    There is norse characters from the norse mythology on the items.

I think you should stop hating yourself and try to change history.
    You are so proud of your false identity that you can't see the truth. Instead of it you write those vague statements telling nothing.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic, Germanic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    White people
    Country
    Sweden
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    J2b
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro pontid + extreme CM
    Politics
    Right
    Hero
    Óláfr skautkonungr
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    In a domestic partnership
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,306
    Given: 2,492

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    You are so proud of your false identity that you can't see the truth. Instead of it you write those vague statements telling nothing.
    I can see miðgarðsormr for example, not finnish at all.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I can see miðgarðsormr for example, not finnish at all.

It is from the Merovingian era and Quinotaur (in Finnish Iku-Turso). During that time the Finns had closer relations to Central Europe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinotaur

You can see the horns that are mentioned in Frankish cronicles, in the 8th picture.

Stop spamming my thread.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic, Germanic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    White people
    Country
    Sweden
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    J2b
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro pontid + extreme CM
    Politics
    Right
    Hero
    Óláfr skautkonungr
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    In a domestic partnership
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,306
    Given: 2,492

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    It is from the Merovingian era and Quinotaur. During that time the Finns had closer relations to Central Europe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinotaur

Stop spamming my thread.
    I live in a swedish town with most iron age/viking history in sweden, those things are all copies of norse and swedish stuff, there is a free museum here where you can get redpilled.

And a this is no "quinotaur"

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I live in a swedish town with most iron age/viking history in sweden, those things are all copies of norse and swedish stuff, there is a free museum here where you can get redpilled.
    Welcome to the Finnish National museum. Tons of this stuff

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

And a this is no "quinotaur"

Yeah, this is a Viking Age sword, likely a blunder from Swedish travellers. But sea creatures were common myths. During the Merovingian era Finland had closer relations to Central Europe. Those ties broke after Scandinavian hooligans started messing around the Baltic Sea

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

A description of that particular sword, found from Tyrväntö Finland, which is in the inland of Tavastia, far away from the east routes of Vikings. I wouldn't say that she was a Viking warrior

A woman's grave with a perfect decoration and two swords. The second is one of the finest weapons ever found in Finland. (Original excavation report from 1968 available from the author)

1968, Oiva Keskitalo

Tomb size:

Length approx. 2 m, width approx. 1 m, depth 70-90 cm. The tomb preserves the tibia and femur, the hip and elbow joints, the ribs and a little skull bone. Head towards the northwest, with legs straight.

Artefacts:

Double-edged sword with a bronze handle (in the upper right corner of the grave, from where it was lifted by an excavator bucket)
    Container decorated with Christian-themed tinsel embossments (on the left side of the body)
    Sheath knife (on the center of the sword container in two parts)
    Oval copper buckle possibly made of tin alloy, Finnish Hauho group (on both sides of the chest, full woolen twig preserved below)
    Oval copper buckle possibly made of tin alloy, Hauho group (on both sides of the chest, full woolen twig preserved below)
    Chain bracket possibly made of tin alloy (below the copper buckles, in the center line of the body)
    Horseshoe buckle, bronze (at waist height)
    Sickle (on top of the deceased's chest at the top)
    Last edited by Lemminkäinen; 05-30-2020 at 01:43 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Iron Age jewellery from Finland.

An old school board:

There was also Thor's hammer in Tavastia. Thor, in Finnish Äijä, in Estonia Taara:

A necklace made of Islamic coins, Dirhams, also found from the inlsnd of Tavastia (where I1-men lived during the later IA):

Obviously I1-men visited there.

A reconstruction of a woman jewellery from Satakunta. Jewellery was found in a woman's burial:

Jewellery from Köyliö, Southwest Finland:

Last edited by Lemminkäinen; 05-31-2020 at 01:32 PM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

We have very little information about Iron Age houses, because people lived in full wooden houses, but we have a well-preserved stone house basement from Bronze Age, 800–600 BC. The house belonged to the tradition of so called long houses, later known as wooden Scandinavian houses. Only one similar house with stone basement from the same era has been found in Gotland and a smaller one in Sweden. A reconstruction of a BA stone house from Western Finland:

Restoration of Rieskaronmäki house according to Unto Salo and Niilo Valonen. Drawing Ilkka Kaskinen, History of Finland 1, Weilin & Göös.

Although Rieskaronmäki's house is unique for the time being, it is clearly related to the Scandinavian so-called a tradition of long houses dating back to the Neolithic Stone Age. As this is a building of coastal culture, it is natural to look for equivalents on the other side of the Baltic Sea. The problem is that simultaneous stone-based houses are not known from Sweden. There are such on Gotland, but they date back to the Roman Iron Age and the period of migration, a thousand years younger than the remnant of Rieskaronmäki. Only one stone-based, younger Bronze Age building base is known from eastern Sweden. It's in Upland's Broby. In terms of external dimensions, the bottom of the house corresponds well to the Rieskaronmäki house, however, its ends are rounded and no pile traces have been found at all. Between the stone foundations there is far too narrow space for living and no finds typical of the place of residence have been found on the bottom of the house. Thus, it has been interpreted as the basis of a cult building. Rieskaronmäki House is clearly a residential building again.

The Rieskaronmäki building has been interpreted perhaps a little surprisingly on the basis of language history. The interpretation is presented by ethnographer Niilo Valonen. Its premise is that the word house would initially refer to a building with Talas. Talas, on the other hand, means from the beginning a platform built on piles. Niilo Valonen interpreted the six pile traces at the bottom of the building as traces of the piles on the stage outside the house itself. They would have been associated with a thaler where winter fodder would have been stored.

There are no direct traces of wall material left. The stone foundations were so uneven that no suppression or curtain statue structure could be assumed to be on top of them. A clay seal was found at the bottom of the building, but so little that it must be from a clay stove or a single wall. It has been assumed that the walls would have been peat. Peat is very durable. Remarkably, no signs were found of it.

Another possibility, of course, is that it has been a single Scandinavian-type long house with only part of the north-western pile traces preserved. The three surviving pile traces have by no means been able to support the roof of the house. In that case, there may have been many more piles and they may have formed a similar base as in Scandinavian houses. The stone foundation of the walls is, of course, a feature different from Scandinavian "fashion".

The finds on the bottom of the house were scarce, as is typical of the settlements of the Metal Age. Qualitatively, they are interesting. Clay pot pieces, a few quartz objects or bumps, pieces of fire silicon and a cubic stone were found on the bottom of the house. Six of the clay pot pieces were from a cup-type container.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Back to basics, Wikipedia.

Spoken languages shortly:

Around 500 BC. In some parts of Finland, the Germanic language was spoken. In addition to loan words, its effect is also visible in the place name of western Finland. Based on the place names, it is known that the Germans encountered both Baltic Finns and Sámi in Western Finland. Baltic Sea Finland had spread to southwestern Finland from Estonia, while the Sámi had spread to southern Finland from Karelia. The retreating languages at this stage were, at least in the West, the Germanic language and in the East, the unknown Uralic language. With very few settlements, the language of comb pottery and / or jug pottery and, further north, even the languages of the cultures that preceded them, have probably still been spoken in some places. [3]
    https://fi.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomen_esihistoria

Livelihood shortly:

Indeed, the Iron Age culture continued for a long time Bronze Age traditions, characterized by a division into inland eastern and coastal western cultural circles. Coastal people lived mainly in detached houses or in groups of a few houses. The industries were agriculture, hunting and fishing, and to a lesser extent also trade. The crops were e.g. barley, spelled, rye, oats and turnips. The plow was a rudimentary hook plow. Cattle, sheep, goats and pigs were considered domestic animals. The houses were 10–20 meter long hall houses built on vertical piles, the walls of which were made of clay-lined twig or peat.
    https://fi.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rautakausi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information