Pontid + Alpine/Gorid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,862
    Given: 8,987

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Croats are lighter and different looking than Serbs, it's a fact. Only person who has never been there thinks we look very close just because of same language.
    Sorry but we don't. Enough to compare football teams. Completely different faces.

And it has nothing to do with German shifted individuals. Dalmatian Croats are quite swarthy and have different faces than Serbs do.
    It's not a massive difference, but it's still noticeable to anyone once you simply compare groups of people from the same profession. The most densly populated part of Croatia today is the one that historically has no ties to the Serbian people.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by yamagi View Post
    Balkan would be much better than Hungary if you would make better diplomacy with neighbouring States and make a "Balkan union"
    Yes because it worked so well two previous times.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,931
    Given: 7,453

1 Not allowed!

I can tell with good confidence that you can find better looking Asians in Mainland Eastern Asia than in Japan.
    Just your opinion.

This can vary by tastes, but apart from a handful of them they look unnoticeable compared to South European women.
    Same as above. Also, Southern Euro women are considered hotter or about equal when you usually ask this question in a poll.

No, from Berbers to British Isles you can find a handful of people with wide cheekbones and slanted like eyes, but this mostly has to do with climate.
    Agree.

No, most Germans have light to dark brown hair and less than 20% has real blonde hair.
    I don't think anyone believes Germans are 50%+ blonde. They're stereotyped as blonde sometimes cause that hair color is more popular there than in most other countries.

Maybe the Northern parts of Croatia has a higher number of German shifted individuals, but so does Serbia and other parts of the Balkans have these individuals in slightly smaller amounts.
    On Origuess, Croats get mostly guessed as Western European (even though they consider Croatia part of Southern Europe) whereas Serbs get mostly guessed as Southern European.

There is a large overlap though of course like with all neighboring populations.

I can tell with great confidence that Hungary has fewer Eastern types than Romania, and maybe Ukraine, the only exception would be some Isolated Szeklers, but they've been mixing with Saxons and local Romanians, Moldovans.
    I'm not an expert here, but you're probably right. People that call them East Asian-influenced all the time are either Turanists or think that language = phenotype. People that don't belong to either categories see Hungarians as normal European looking people.

Hell no, maybe very few exceptions here and there.
    This isn't an anthrotard myth. Only one person is arguing that Moroccans (specifically coastal ones) are on par with South Euros.

Definitely no, I've been to Thessaly, Crete and other Islands I forgot but they're the same looking people. (maybe locals have a well trained eyes to spot the differences but for average Joe from Central Europe they look the same)
    I don't think most Europeans look that different from each other. I doubt foreigners could easily tell apart Hungarians from Balkan Slavs for example. Then within Greece specifically, the variation would be less. But I don't think there would be no difference. Genetics often has a correlation with phenotype in a large sample size, so there should be some difference. Regional differences are in general exaggerated though. I'd say that the difference between Mainland Greeks and Bulgarians is more exaggerated than that between Mainland Greeks and Island Greeks.

Based on the hundreds of them I saw, I can tell it's hard to tell them apart, not even Yoruks look that different (they have loads of Iranian, West Asian looking people apart from the Asian shifted ones)
    On average, I'd say there is a difference though. But it probably is exaggerated. As I said above, all regional differences are exaggerated. A significant minority of Turks are Turanid (although overrated on anthrofora) which is much less common among Kurds and then there are other differences as well.

Bender1999

2 Not allowed!

-Germans are predominately fair haired.

No, most Germans have light to dark brown hair and less than 20% has real blonde hair.
    Less than 20%? Thats really understated.

Moroccan (Coastal Berbers) are as light as South Europeans.

Hell no, maybe very few exceptions here and there.
    Yes, not all but there are many who could pass as European.

- Kurds differ significantly from Turks.

Based on the hundreds of them I saw, I can tell it's hard to tell them apart, not even Yoruks look that different (they have loads of Iranian, West Asian looking people apart from the Asian shifted ones)
    Yes, many Yörüks dont really differ from regular Turks, i know really brown to really "nordic" looking yörüks. Some Turks exaggerate the differences between them and "regular" Turks.
    And also agree, there are Kurd and Turks who dont look different to each other, but generally i can say they look different, from "just a bit" to "very much".

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

1 Not allowed!

Croats are lighter and different looking than Serbs, it's a fact. Only person who has never been there thinks we look very close just because of same language.
    Sorry but we don't. Enough to compare football teams. Completely different faces.

And it has nothing to do with German shifted individuals. Dalmatian Croats are quite swarthy and have different faces than Serbs do.
    Agreed, even dark Croats still don't look Serbian.
    Look at Nikola Tesla, for an example.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joso View Post
    Agreed, even dark Croats still don't look Serbian.
    Look at Nikola Tesla, for an example.
    He was a very (west) Serbian looking Serb. Dušan is example of light Serb who doesn't look Croat in the slightest.

Serbs look more eastern and southern, much more Pontid traits and east med in minor percentage too.

Commonsense and Morlak are Serbs who would be guessed as Serbs in Croatia.

Serbs often have thick lips too, something very rare among Croats.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

1 Not allowed!

He is a very Serbian lookong Serb. Dušan is example of light Serb who doesn't look Croat in the slightest.
    Well, any serious anthropologist would disagree, but i respect your opinion.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joso View Post
    Well, any serious anthropologist would disagree, but i respect your opinion.
    What do you mean?

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 08:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,136
    Given: 9,066

1 Not allowed!

He was a very (west) Serbian looking Serb. Dušan is example of light Serb who doesn't look Croat in the slightest.

Serbs look more eastern and southern, much more Pontid traits and east med in minor percentage too.

Commonsense and Morlak are Serbs who would be guessed as Serbs in Croatia.

Serbs often have thick lips too, something very rare among Croats.
    Would I pass better as Dalmatian or Serb?

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Would I pass better as Dalmatian or Serb?
    Slightly better for Serb imo.(i know moje ime don't agree). You are rare bird who easily pass for both really good

You look almost same like my ex' brother (half Cro half Srb). Ill show you his pic someday.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information