Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 818
    Given: 824

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Super weird that you compare Greeks with blacks
    Not many other peoples/cultures were subjugated longer than the Greeks and Blacks. The Greeks and Blacks were also subjugated during the same time period. The West learned how to enslave and subjugate from the Ottomans.

American Slave Trade 1600's to 1865
    Ottoman Slave Trade 1400's - to the early 1900s

As late as 1908, female slaves were still sold in the Ottoman Empire. Sexual slavery was a central part of the Ottoman slave system throughout the history of the institution.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    you are extrapolating different realities. I have no idea if Greeks were persecuted or whatever, but blacks in USA are a bunch of delinquents and parasites. I doubt very much that is the case of Greeks. So why comparing?
    Greeks are considered "white" now in the USA and live in peace. It was not so for my parents and grandparents who worked in the USA to support their families in Greece. Here are a few pieces of history for you to learn.

In the early 20th century Greeks in the United States were discriminated against in many ways. In 1904 Greek immigrants, unaware of labor conditions and largely inexperienced, served as strikebreakers during a strike in Chicago diesel shops. This fueled anti-Greek sentiment among union members. Three Greek immigrants were killed during a riot in 1908 in McGill, Nevada.

On February 21, 1909, a major anti-Greek riot took place in South Omaha, Nebraska. The Greek population was forced to leave the city, while properties owned by Greek migrants were destroyed.

Greeks were viewed with particular contempt in the Mormon stronghold of Utah. The local press characterized them as "a vicious element unfit for citizenship and as ignorant, depraved, and brutal foreigners." Anti-Greek riots occurred in Salt Lake City in 1917 which "almost resulted" in lynching of a Greek immigrant.

In 1922, as a response to the anti-Greek nativist xenophobia by the Ku Klux Klan (KKK), the American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) was founded, which sought to Americanize the Greek immigrant in America.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2022 @ 04:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

A supporter of civil rights, Archbishop Iakovos was one of the few prominent non-African American clergymen—and the only Church leader—who had the courage to walk hand in hand with Martin Luther King Jr. during the famous march in Selma, Alabama. A picture of this historic moment, with Archbishop Iakovos to the right of Martin Luther King Jr., was captured on the cover of Life Magazine on March 26, 1965. According to Grammenos "when Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. marched from the Brown Chapel of the African Methodist Episcopal Church to the Dallas County Courthouse in Selma, Alabama on March 15, 1965, Archbishop Iakovos, leader of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of North and South America, was among the few white men who accompanied him. Iakovos, who had experienced religious oppression himself as a child, accepted Dr. King's invitation demonstrating his commitment to freedom and civil rights as key principles of the American life. Iakovos stated that the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese could no longer remain a "spectator and listener," and it must labor and struggle to develop its spiritual life. In the end, his firm support of Dr. King's initiative helped bring to fruition the passage of voting rights legislation, advancing equality among his communicants."

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,942
    Given: 45,032

7 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Epirus DNA View Post

I do not want to see Greece turn into America. Greece is for Greeks. America is for everyone.
    See, this is where you are hypocritical. America is for Americans, too.

It just sickens me to see Europeans take on the racial divides of whiteness and America. It is very Nazi German like and my village was destroyed by the Albanians and the Nazi.
    If one is a totally neutral observer, you have to notice that these American pro-black race politics at this time is completely controlled by thugs, communists, antifa and other lowlife criminals. Just take a look at what is happening in America right now. And I feel the American police is not firm enough with the criminals... they are treating them with kid gloves, because all the leftist propaganda shouts abuse whenever a black person or a leftist gets hurt, but when it's the opposite then nobody cares. In America today it is the white, Christian Americans that are the good guys mostly, and driving the country's economy and pay its taxes. And sure, there are many good black and other guys too, but the leftist propaganda is concentrated on targeting the white Christian male and family because the enemies of America know that if they have conquered that demographic, they have conquered America. Take away the white Christians and you have no America anymore.

Anyhow-- I'm back and I am going to stick to my Greek posts. I don't care about Whiteness or Blackness. It means nothing to me.
    Good idea
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

A supporter of civil rights, Archbishop Iakovos was one of the few prominent non-African American clergymen—and the only Church leader—who had the courage to walk hand in hand with Martin Luther King Jr. during the famous march in Selma, Alabama. A picture of this historic moment, with Archbishop Iakovos to the right of Martin Luther King Jr., was captured on the cover of Life Magazine on March 26, 1965. According to Grammenos "when Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. marched from the Brown Chapel of the African Methodist Episcopal Church to the Dallas County Courthouse in Selma, Alabama on March 15, 1965, Archbishop Iakovos, leader of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of North and South America, was among the few white men who accompanied him. Iakovos, who had experienced religious oppression himself as a child, accepted Dr. King's invitation demonstrating his commitment to freedom and civil rights as key principles of the American life. Iakovos stated that the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese could no longer remain a "spectator and listener," and it must labor and struggle to develop its spiritual life. In the end, his firm support of Dr. King's initiative helped bring to fruition the passage of voting rights legislation, advancing equality among his communicants."
    He should be ashamed of himself, getting involved in revolutionary politics. These type of clergy don't have a clue what it is to serve God, they think it's just a job that can help them get political influence and a voice. Very, very bad. We see that kind of thing here in the UK too, and elsewhere. I don't consider those political types to be genuine Christians, they are mostly used by the devil.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 7,516

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    He should be ashamed of himself, getting involved in revolutionary politics. These type of clergy don't have a clue what it is to serve God, they think it's just a job that can help them get political influence and a voice. Very, very bad. We see that kind of thing here in the UK too, and elsewhere. I don't consider those political types to be genuine Christians, they are mostly used by the devil.
    Greek clergy has always been political and shovinistic.

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 02:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellen-Epirus
    Ancestry
    Hellenic
    Country
    Greece
    Hero
    Pletho Gemistus.
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 482
    Given: 450

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulu View Post
    Greek clergy has always been political and shovinistic.
    Same Albanian state is the chauvinistic entity in the world.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

See, this is where you are hypocritical. America is for Americans, too.
    Yes, you are correct. I am hypocritical because when it comes to Greece, I am very anti-immigration. Yes, I believe America is for Americans. However; America is a country that is founded on the US Bill of Rights, Civil Rights, and Constitution. These laws bind us together as Americans, not the color of your skin or your ethnicity. What is it to be American? I do not believe this excludes the black Americans who are descended from slaves

If one is a totally neutral observer, you have to notice that these American pro-black race politics at this time is completely controlled by thugs, communists, antifa and other lowlife criminals. Just take a look at what is happening in America right now. And I feel the American police is not firm enough with the criminals... they are treating them with kid gloves, because all the leftist propaganda shouts abuse whenever a black person or a leftist gets hurt, but when it's the opposite then nobody cares. In America today it is the white, Christian Americans that are the good guys mostly, and driving the country's economy and pay its taxes. And sure, there are many good black and other guys too, but the leftist propaganda is concentrated on targeting the white Christian male and family because the enemies of America know that if they have conquered that demographic, they have conquered America. Take away the white Christians and you have no America anymore.
    I think that there is some truth to this statement but I also think there is some denial with the left and the right propaganda. both sides have propaganda and are using the events to have violent clashes in the streets. Yes, there are problems on both ends but most of Americans lay somewhere in the middle. There are a lot of videos that have come out recently of white people starting fires and looting along side blacks. Rather than polarize everything by race, shouldn't we just be talking about everyone as Americans. The left and right propaganda want to see another civil war.

I also believe that America is a country built on religious freedom. Christians in America believe America belongs to them, when in reality, America really belongs to the Atheists and Muslims too. To anyone, regardless of religion. The first amendment, before the right to own a gun and protect yourself, is freedom of expression and religion.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I feel like that is a stretch and does not take into context what had just happened 20 years earlier in WW2 and the Holocaust. Holocaust is a Greek word that Greeks invented to describe what was happening in Greece during the Nazi invasion. The Greek State and Church was forging documents and records of Jews to save their lives and show Nazis that they were Greek. Iakovos stated that the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese could no longer remain a "spectator and listener," and it must labor and struggle to develop its spiritual life in the USA. This statement is echoing the Greek psyche after WW2 and the Greek Civil War.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There are a lot of videos that have come out recently of white people starting fires and looting along side blacks. Rather than polarize everything by race, shouldn't we just be talking about everyone as Americans. The left and right propaganda want to see another civil war.
    Definitely, many of the violent criminals and arsonists the last few days were white Antifa types, not even blacks... and those whites are the worst kind, they should be thrown in jail.

I also believe that America is a country built on religious freedom. Christians in America believe America belongs to them, when in reality, America really belongs to the Atheists and Muslims too. To anyone, regardless of religion. The first amendment, before the right to own a gun and protect yourself, is freedom of expression and religion.
    This is an illusion... we have seen recently that there is no real religious freedom. Churches have just lost a case at the Supreme Court, wanting to bring back full church services. The head guy at the Supreme Court, Roberts I like -- who is supposed to be a conservative -- joined the leftists to rule against the churches! So, you see criminals allowed to march and destroy cities, but Christians get arrested and charged if they want to hold church services. America doesn't have freedom of religion anymore.

Also, what you mention is also a farce. America was founded as a Christian nation, even though there was religious freedom. America is not a Muslim or Buddhist or Jewish country. It's a Christian majority country, like European countries. This is a historical fact that should not be forgotten.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,121
    Given: 11,131

1 Not allowed!

These laws bind us together as Americans, not the color of your skin or your ethnicity. What is it to be American? I do not believe this excludes the black Americans who are descended from slaves
    The founders believed it did. That's why the Naturalization Act of 1790 specified only whites could become citizens.

You're not an American yourself, as you admitted. You only work here. Thus your views on American issues are irrelevant.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information