View Poll Results: Who have more Euro admixture?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angolans/Mozambicans

0 0%
  • Filipinos

8 100.00%
  • Both groups have same amount of European admix

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who have more Euro admix: Angolans/Mozambicans or Filipinos?

Banned
    Last Online
    02-06-2021 @ 03:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,704
    Given: 5,603

0 Not allowed!

Default Who have more Euro admix: Angolans/Mozambicans or Filipinos?

So who?

Can anyone post DNA results of each pop to compare?

El_Abominacion

4 Not allowed!

Full Angolans

Spoiler!

Angolan Mestizos/Mestiços

Spoiler!

Mozambican Mestizos/Mestiço (Only this one is available, no full Mozambicans)
    Spoiler!

Filipinos:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

There is not very much to draw conclusions on in the Angolan samples because there are so few, the autosomal results are interesting nonetheless. All that can really be said conclusively is that the tested people who identify as fully Angolan have no European admixture whatsoever. Tested people who identify as Filipino will often have small amounts of European ancestry, between 0.1-4% typically. So, if going by 'full' Angolans and Filipinos, there's more present in Filipinos from the sample pool.
    Last edited by El_Abominacion; 06-04-2020 at 01:27 PM.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,591
    Given: 8,909

3 Not allowed!

Filipinos. The African groups must be nearly zero European.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Abominacion View Post
    Full Angolans

Spoiler!

Angolan Mestizos/Mestiços

Spoiler!

Mozambican Mestizos/Mestiço (Only this one is available, no full Mozambicans)
    Spoiler!

Filipinos:

[spoiler]

[/spolier]

There is not very much to draw conclusions on in the Angolan samples because there are so few, the autosomal results are interesting nonetheless. All that can really be said conclusively is that the tested people who identify as fully Angolan have no European admixture whatsoever. Tested people who identify as Filipino will often have small amounts of European ancestry, between 0.1-4% typically. So, if going by 'full' Angolans and Filipinos, there's more present in Filipinos from the sample pool.
    Very interesting reply!

I thought Angola and Mozambique are African nations with significant Latino culture/influence (Portuguese) just like how Philippines is Asian country with significant Spanish/Latino influence.

It seems like the Portuguese mixed with Natives in Angola/Mozambique even less than the Spaniards did with the locals in Philippines. I guess most of Portuguese influence is cultural rather than genetics.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-11-2020 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 392
    Given: 152

0 Not allowed!

The Spanish liked Philippina women, no doubt.

El_Abominacion

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maguzanci View Post
    Very interesting reply!

I thought Angola and Mozambique are African nations with significant Latino culture/influence (Portuguese) just like how Philippines is Asian country with significant Spanish/Latino influence.

It seems like the Portuguese mixed with Natives in Angola/Mozambique even less than the Spaniards did with the locals in Philippines. I guess most of Portuguese influence is cultural rather than genetics.
    Thanks and sorry about the initial awful formatting - the spoilers were being retarded and i've fixed them.

Yeah, I was initially under the impression that Mozambique and Angola didn't even have Mestizos, but were simply African nations with Portuguese cultural influence

Companhia dos Leões da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,181
    Given: 16,897

3 Not allowed!

2% of the Angolan population is ethnically a mestizo. It might not seem much but if you compare it to other Sub-Saharan nations I do not think you will not find any other with higher figures with the exception of South Africa and Cape-Verde (I have not checked demographic stats of each nation, I might be wrong but it is my impression).

Angola has a population of 31,127,674 inhabitants according to the latest estimation available from 2020 which means it has roughly 622,553 mestizos. It is a minority but visible from the experience I have had while living in Angola, particularly in Luanda.

Mozambique probably does not have more than 1% of its population identifying as a mestizo, likely they have ~300,000 people of mixed ethnic background (still their largest minority probably).
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    2% of the Angolan population is ethnically a mestizo. It might not seem much but if you compare it to other Sub-Saharan nations I do not think you will not find any other with higher figures with the exception of South Africa and Cape-Verde (I have not checked demographic stats of each nation, I might be wrong but it is my impression).

Angola has a population of 31,127,674 inhabitants according to the latest estimation available from 2020 which means it has roughly 622,553 mestizos. It is a minority but visible from the experience I have had while living in Angola, particularly in Luanda.

Mozambique probably does not have more than 1% of its population identifying as a mestizo, likely they have ~300,000 people of mixed ethnic background (still their largest minority probably).
    Do Angolan and Mozambican Mestizos intermarried and mixed with the indigenous Africans or do they separated and segregated themselves?

Seems like Philippines has higher distribution of Euro admix than these two African countries. Is there a reason why the Portuguese didn't intermix much with the natives compared to places like Cape Verde or Latin America? Just curious.

Also is it possible for indigenous Angolans/Mozambicans (non-mestizo) to have minor Euro admix from distant Portuguese ancestors?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Abominacion View Post
    Thanks and sorry about the initial awful formatting - the spoilers were being retarded and i've fixed them.

Yeah, I was initially under the impression that Mozambique and Angola didn't even have Mestizos, but were simply African nations with Portuguese cultural influence
    Me too. I thought Portuguese imposed some sort of racial hierarchy system in Angola Mozambique similar to those in.Latin America and Philippines.

Filipinos typically score minor Euro ancestry from 1-5% though many can also score around 6-10%, some Pinoy results can even be up to 15-20% Euro but its pretty atypical.

Btw that Filipino dna result seem unique. He/she score around 13.5% South Asian which is pretty unique and very atypical as most don't score South Asian on 23andme. Is he/she a Muslim or from somewhere in the south close to Indonesia/Malaysia? Do you have his/her gedmatch results?

El_Abominacion

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Maguzanci View Post
    Me too. I thought Portuguese imposed some sort of racial hierarchy system in Angola Mozambique similar to those in.Latin America and Philippines.

Filipinos typically score minor Euro ancestry from 1-5% though many can also score around 6-10%, some Pinoy results can even be up to 15-20% Euro but its pretty atypical.

Btw that Filipino dna result seem unique. He/she score around 13.5% South Asian which is pretty unique and very atypical as most don't score South Asian on 23andme. Is he/she a Muslim or from somewhere in the south close to Indonesia/Malaysia? Do you have his/her gedmatch results?
    It's definitely an atypical result and definitely from recent ancestry, here's the original post

https://www.reddit.com/r/23andme/com...23me_surprise/

They described their maternal uncles features as atypical for Filipinos so there's a good chance it comes from the maternal side

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information