H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,624
    Given: 21,630

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender1999 View Post
    Yes i know, northern parts get more rain, southern parts are dry, Murcia is the driest area of europe.
    Almería is even more dry than Murcia or quite similar, and some zones of Alicante province or East Granada province. I live in the North of Spain, in the Basque Country, but in the driest zone of the Basque Country.

Bender1999

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    Almería is even more dry than Murcia or quite similar, and some zones of Alicante province or East Granada province. I live in the North of Spain, in the Basque Country, but in the driest zone of the Basque Country.
    Its sad to see how this land becomes a desert...

Unfortunately we had here the last 2 years also drought. People are happy about this Mediterranean climate, but farmers and gardeners wishes the „typical german weather“ back. I would waive tomates which like rainless climate, but many other vegetables dont like it.

Ülev

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender1999 View Post
    Gardening in Spain has many advantages but one big disadvantage: no rain for months. But the climate is perfect for my favorite vegetables.
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halle_(Saale)#Klima

Niederschlag (mm) --> 307

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilbao#Klima

Niederschlag (mm) --> 1.191

Bender1999

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundqvist View Post

307mm? That’s probably because the droughts but definitely not the regular average, there arent places in Germany with less then 450mm

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,624
    Given: 21,630

0 Not allowed!

The rainiest area of ​​the peninsula is in Andalusia, In Cádiz province, the same that the driest area, also in Andalusia is a it's a matter of landforms, not due to human action.

Anyway, thanks to irrigation, de driest zone of Spain is preciselly one of the areas that produces the most vegetables in Spain, because in turn it must be the region with the most annual hours of sunshine in Europe.

Last Online
    06-09-2022 @ 08:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

0 Not allowed!

I love my garden and I enjoy taking care of it. I have just started to get involved in this recently, so I don't know much about how to properly care for plants and how to provide them all with the necessary for rapid growth and proper development. But I read a lot about it here. I like that now I can easily find the answer to any of my questions in an article written by professionals in this.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 11:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Silvan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Taxonomy
    Wood Elf + Pixie and Nymph influences
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,762
    Given: 4,339

1 Not allowed!

I am very passionate about gardening. I've loved it since I was a little kid. It's therapeutic and very rewarding. I am in a bit of a dilemma these days. I am torn between the beautiful, huge cedar and fir trees that have grown so much in the past few years, and the sunshine. I love growing fruit and veggies, but am not able to grow as much as I would like, because these trees are blocking a good 3 to 4 hours of sun. There is a corner of the garden that gets the most sun, which is only about 5 hours...6 if I count the hour of mottled light. That is where my kitche garden is. Strawberries actually do really well there. I get a few tomatoes... but not nearly as much as I would like. I am inspired by English gardens, and food forests.

I grew Dahlias for the first time last summer. Most of my garden consists of Rhododendrons, roses, lilies, peony, camellia, Japanese maples, heather, lavender, yucca, lilac, dogwood, ornamental cherry trees, lily of the valley, Himalayan Honeysuckle...and a bunch of other native plants and shade loving/tolerate plants. And a couple of fruit trees... Fig, Cherry, and this is my Espalier Pear tree...

Since I grow everything organically, covering my veggies is very important, since i live in the forest.
    Too many pests. The covers work really well.

Last edited by Ellethwyn; 12-15-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 05:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,120
    Given: 1,884

0 Not allowed!

Growing Lilac in Your Backyard: Plant Care Tips

Attract butterflies, bees, and birds with easy-to-grow lilac.

Lilacs are such a bright spot in spring, serving as a reminder to us that warmer days are ahead. If you are approaching a garden or neighborhood with blooming lilacs, you’re sure to smell them before you see them. The tiny flower clusters pack a powerful and sweet punch of fragrance that can fill a yard or room, even if you only have a single cut flower.

Growing lilacs in your backyard is fairly simple. This is a forgiving, easy-to-grow shrub; once it's established, it is quite low-maintenance thrive. In addition to its popularity among gardeners, lilac is a good nectar source for pollinators like hummingbirds, butterflies, and bees. Plus, it offers nice year-round habitat for birds. Here, we dive into how to get lilacs to grow and thrive in your garden.

https://www.treehugger.com/growing-l...e-tips-5193457
    POUR UNE HISTOIRE DÉBARRASSÉE DES NOMBREUX MENSONGES
    Vincent Reynouard: Je suis ingénieur chimiste et historien révisionniste français. J’expose de la façon la plus pédagogique possible les arguments révisionnistes. Je propose, j’expose, je n’impose rien. Chacun doit (ou devrait) être libre de se faire une opinion sur le sujet. .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information