I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    This is false.They have other types of archaic human DNA as well as some Neanderthal from Eurasian back-migrations.
    not all of them for sure. i've seen 23andme results showing 0% neanderthal dna. anyway..even so..what i said still stands. races do exists and biological differences can be found among races..not to talk about appearance

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2022 @ 04:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 818
    Given: 824

0 Not allowed!

You haven't read one. OP was copy and pasted from wikipedia.
    Prove Science and Anthropology wrong. Don't make this about me or wikipedia.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,115
    Given: 11,127

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Epirus DNA View Post
    Again, you haven't posted any science or anthropology. Just copy and pasted something from wikipedia because you aren't smart enough to formulate an argument on your own. Same as when you posted that debunked list of African civilizations a few days ago.

So there's nothing to prove wrong.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    not all of them for sure. i've seen 23andme results showing 0% neanderthal dna. anyway..even so..what i said still stands. races do exists and biological differences can be found among races..not to talk about appearance
    Yes, but that does not fall out of the parameters of the race Homo Sapien. Homo Sapien has many different ethnicities, which have biological differences, but they are still considered homo sapien.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

1 Not allowed!

LOL, @ anthropology and the 'social sciences' or 'human sciences' being 'real science'. Real science is physics, chemistry, biology etc... BTW, I'm not necessarily defending the concept of of the 'white race' but Franz Boas took the scientific theory of evolution out of anthropology , for instance , but there are many reasons why they are not real science.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Sceince is hard.
    It's not for me to prove, it's for you to prove. So go ahead, and prove White people is a real thing.

You scared of google?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,115
    Given: 11,127

1 Not allowed!

It's not for me to prove, it's for you to prove. So go ahead, and prove White people is a real thing.

You scared of google?
    Actually yes it it. Since you made the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    LOL, @ anthropology and the 'social sciences' or 'human sciences' being 'real science'. Real science is physics, chemistry, biology etc... BTW, I'm not necessarily defending the concept of of the 'white race' but Franz Boas took the scientific theory of evolution out of anthropology , for instance , but there are many reasons why they are not real science.
    Do you consider Biological Anthropology a real science? What about Archaeology and Carbon dating?

The Four Subfields

American anthropology is generally divided into four subfields. Each of the subfields teaches distinctive skills. However, the subfields also have a number of similarities. For example, each subfield applies theories, employs systematic research methodologies, formulates and tests hypotheses, and develops extensive sets of data.

Archaeology

Archaeologists study human culture by analyzing the objects people have made. They carefully remove from the ground such things as pottery and tools, and they map the locations of houses, trash pits, and burials in order to learn about the daily lives of a people. They also analyze human bones and teeth to gain information on a people’s diet and the diseases they suffered. Archaeologists collect the remains of plants, animals, and soils from the places where people have lived in order to understand how people used and changed their natural environments. The time range for archaeological research begins with the earliest human ancestors millions of years ago and extends all the way up to the present day. Like other areas of anthropology, archaeologists are concerned with explaining differences and similarities in human societies across space and time.

Biological Anthropology

Biological anthropologists seek to understand how humans adapt to different environments, what causes disease and early death, and how humans evolved from other animals. To do this, they study humans (living and dead), other primates such as monkeys and apes, and human ancestors (fossils). They are also interested in how biology and culture work together to shape our lives. They are interested in explaining the similarities and differences that are found among humans across the world. Through this work, biological anthropologists have shown that, while humans do vary in their biology and behavior, they are more similar to one another than different.

Cultural Anthropology

Sociocultural anthropologists explore how people in different places live and understand the world around them. They want to know what people think is important and the rules they make about how they should interact with one another. Even within one country or society, people may disagree about how they should speak, dress, eat, or treat others. Anthropologists want to listen to all voices and viewpoints in order to understand how societies vary and what they have in common. Sociocultural anthropologists often find that the best way to learn about diverse peoples and cultures is to spend time living among them. They try to understand the perspectives, practices, and social organization of other groups whose values and lifeways may be very different from their own. The knowledge they gain can enrich human understanding on a broader level.

Linguistic Anthropology

Linguistic anthropologists study the many ways people communicate across the globe. They are interested in how language is linked to how we see the world and how we relate to each other. This can mean looking at how language works in all its different forms, and how it changes over time. It also means looking at what we believe about language and communication, and how we use language in our lives. This includes the ways we use language to build and share meaning, to form or change identities, and to make or change relations of power. For linguistic anthropologists, language and communication are keys to how we make society and culture.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No, I won't attempt to prove a quasi-scientific theory
    Next.

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

1 Not allowed!

Yes, but that does not fall out of the parameters of the race Homo Sapien. Homo Sapien has many different ethnicities, which have biological differences, but they are still considered homo sapien.
    homo sapiens is a human species, not a race. we're talking about the homo sapiens races here and not the homo species

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information