Thread: Pics and Videos from Spain

Last Online
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,538
    Given: 37,024

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    Well.. we hear a lot about it here and we generally consider them to be a complete disgrace.

Anyway:

Don't worry, as Gota type told you, whatever they do is not comparable to what young British tourists do in Spain. They are much more famous.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,730
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

(Turn on Youtube subtitles for English subtitles) The "Marcha Real" ("Royal March") is the national anthem of Spain. Under the Francoist regime, it was known as the "Marcha Granadera" ("Grenadier March"), and used adapted lyrics from José María Pemán's 1928 version. The changes intended to fit the symbols of Francisco Franco's ideology of National-Catholicism, which were the "salute with the extended right arm" and the "yoke and arrows" this last one used in the Middle Ages by Isabella of Castile and Ferdinand of Aragon to represent the union of their dynasties and their kingdoms.

«Cara al sol» is the anthem of the Spanish Falange of the JONS. It was composed by a group of Basque writers, Rafael Sánchez Mazas, Pedro Mourlane Michelena and Jacinto Miquelarena, convened by José Antonio Primo de Rivera together with Agustín de Foxá and other members of the party leadership with music of the Basque composer Juan Tellería. The anthem was adopted in 1935.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 11:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sexy...too much sexy
    Country
    Micronesia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,071
    Given: 847

0 Not allowed!

Lawspeaker crazy boy what are you doing honoring the land of your invaders??

Are you ok?? Do you have a spanish girlfriend or what??

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    Lawspeaker crazy boy what are you doing honoring the land of your invaders??

Are you ok?? Do you have a spanish girlfriend or what??
    Judging from how the South is treated within the Netherlands... I can only wonder whether we didn't end up on the wrong side of the border.

Last Online
    06-18-2021 @ 07:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    UltraNordid_mybad
    Ethnicity
    Aboriginal European
    Ancestry
    Spain for the last millenia.
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Gota_type_
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,392
    Given: 487

2 Not allowed!

Judging from how the South is treated within the Netherlands... I can only wonder whether we didn't end up on the wrong side of the border.
    In the end, both parts lost a lot. In our case, a lot of the money from America (at least the money that arrived to Spain) went for religious wars in which England or the Netherlands were prioritary (for our King, not for the common citizens that did not see any benefit from the discovery of America because the King liked to battle everywhere). But since we were also invaded by Napoleón (with much worst consequences than when the Tercios invaded you since the Napoleón adventure costed us 500.000 common citizens, the lost of most of our Empire in America, the destruction of many incredible cities -the french liked to use our palaces and monasteries as bomb shelters- and they even destroyed the tombs of our Castillian Kings just to feed their horses).

So, I can feel empathy since you are a defensor of your country (and that is the same sentiment that I can have towards my country) and it is obvious that what the Tercios did was a disaster there (and the Spaniards were not the majority of the soldiers of the Tercios in the Netherlands: there were more germans and italians than Spanish since the ones that went to your country were the Tercios that were in the North of Italy).

It is like when the USA governement say that Irak has massive destruction armament and that is the reason to go there and destroy the country. In those times, it was being protestant (for us) and catholic (for you) the reason why governments (the King) decided to attack others. But, hundred of years have passed and we are totally in a different context. You have enemies inside your country (that are your own countrymen) and we here in Spain have enemies inside our country (which are our own countrymen). As you wrote in other thread, it is more posible that you and me end defending the same trench than I defend it with a Spaniard who has been a traitor in the last decades.

And it is also good for people like you to appreciate Spain since if things evolve totally chaotic, people like you could come here (which is the less densely populated country in Europa) and you can find shelter while at the same time knowing that there are people here that will support that other nationalist Europeans come also here, as if they were other patriotic Spaniards. The context in which we have had to live is that we share the same enemies and they are inside of our countries.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

This video chronicles the amazing conservation and restoration of the sixteenth-century tapestry Christ is Born as Man's Redeemer, also known as the Burgos tapestry. Conservators Tina Kane and Alice Blohm describe the more than thirty years of painstaking restoration that they, along with other members of the Met's Textile Conservation department staff, performed on this work of art, which is more than 25 feet wide and 13 feet high.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    UltraNordid_mybad
    Ethnicity
    Aboriginal European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Gota_type_
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

This is not far from where I am from. Just to show the diversity of landscapes that we have and pointing out to those that think that we are a desert:

Most Spaniards already know that the north of Spain is the real jewel of Spain (and not the Med), so we normally don´t say much about it to foreigners. So The Lawspeaker you are privileged and you now know our "secret". Just ask anything and we will help. Don´t say it too loud to other people (specially not to the brits).

And this is the oldest religious building that we have in Galicia. It was originally built around the V-VI centuries:

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    UltraNordid_mybad
    Ethnicity
    Aboriginal European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Gota_type_
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

[]
    I like your coat of arms...

I don´t know why... The flag of Castilla y León (top left) is basic in aesthetic but when seeing in reality it has so much power:

It represent (Castilla or Leon) more than 1000 years of History since the Condado de Castilla was born. Although Leon was born as a Roman city (Legio romana), it is a basis of the Reconquista of Spain (it was the first Kingdom born after Asturias expanded to the south).

This is from Galicia, I do not like it very much despite being my región. It has not so good aesthetics:

And this is the one from Aragon, and Corona de Aragón. It is a pity that Napoleón destroyed the main city of the Corona de Aragón (Zaragoza), all the royal buildings and lots more since it was considered the Florence of Spain. It seems that they liked so much the moros that they used their heads in all the Corona de Aragón flags:

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gota_type_ View Post
    I like your coat of arms...

I don´t know why. The flag of Castilla y León (top left) is basic in aesthetic but when seeing in reality it has so much power:

It represent (Castilla or Leon) more than 1000 years of History since the Condado de Castilla was born. Although Leon was born as a Roman city (Legio romana), it is a basis of the Reconquista of Spain (it was the first Kingdom born after Asturias expanded to the south).

This is from Galicia, I do not like it very much despite being my región. It has not so good aesthetics:

It also represents Flanders (yellow with black lion) and Brabant (black with yellow lion).

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    UltraNordid_mybad
    Ethnicity
    Aboriginal European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Gota_type_
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

It also represents Flanders (yellow with black lion) and Brabant (black with yellow lion).
    I did not know it. I hope you can somehow forgive what our ancestors might have done there. I have not read much about it but from what I know most of the Tercios there were Germans and Italians (it was like 1/3 each nationality), and preciselly it was the Germans the ones that caused more destruction and the most savage (even Spanish Tercios defended the Churches in your country to avoid being burnt). In the end it were stupid religious wars in which the nationals in Spain, Germany or Italy did not have anything to do.

I have posted some more flags. Look at Cerdeña or Corcega... I hope they have the same mentality as their ancestors towards the same people.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information