Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you consider North Africans white?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-01-2021 @ 01:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Northern Europe
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 98

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    I didn't mean pigmenation, I meant facial features. When I watched Giggs play on Manchester united 15 years ago I thought he was simply a European guy, I didn't think of him as mixed..
    Even now I think in some pictures he passes for 100% Euro : https://assets.manutd.com/AssetPicke...9921402563.jpg

Guillaume Brenner looks way more black to me than does Ryan Giggs despite Ryan having similar pigmentation to him (or maybe Ryan is darker, idk)

Ryan Giggs is a proper quadroon, with a grandfather from West Africa.

Most ppl in your thread aren't "true quadroons" because having 25% Jamaican ancestry doesn't mean they're 25% SSA like Giggs... (Jamaicans aren't pure SSAs)
    Somalis aren't 100% SSA either, so Kalvin Philips is more like an octoroon than quadroon.

I doubt Ruud Gullit's son is 25% SSA, he's probably less because he's of Surinamese origin.

Anyway, my point was avarage octoroons (and even quadroons often) don't have the look that makes people think "Wow he must be SSA admixed!", so I agreed with Petalpusher.
    You don't think Quadroons and Octroons look different? A White person mixed with Black definitely doesn't look like the average white person.

Take African Americans for example. They are technically quadroons or octroons and they look slightly different from West Africans.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,020
    Given: 12,251

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon96 View Post
    You don't think Quadroons and Octroons look different? A White person mixed with Black definitely doesn't look like the average white person.

Take African Americans for example. They are technically quadroons or octroons and they look slightly different from West Africans.
    I think you misunderstood me. Which part of my post suggests I think Octoroons and quadroons don't look different?

I do think octoroons/quadroons look mixed and different from whites. However in most cases octoroons look ambiguous and you wouldn't tell they have SSA admixture, they just look "off".

Take this octoroon woman as an example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDM5...ture=emb_title
    she looks mixed, but if she said she has amerindian admixture instead of ssa people would believe it.

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 09:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North africa
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh
    Country
    Chad
    Y-DNA
    G-L1259
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 267

0 Not allowed!

An Afram with 75% west african +25% euro Will not look any different from a west african from Mali. Cant really say if its the same for somebody with slightly more euro but the euro part doesnt really show in the phenotype 90% of the time

Last Online
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,020
    Given: 12,251

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jfgh676 View Post
    An Afram with 75% west african +25% euro Will not look any different from a west african from Mali. Cant really say if its the same for somebody with slightly more euro but the euro part doesnt really show in the phenotype 90% of the time
    That's just an avarage. A lot of black Americans are over 90% ssa. The avarage is 75% because of mulattos and "lightskins" who pull the avarage SSA % down. There's this notion that if you see a random dark skin afram he has to be 25% Euro, that's a myth.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    I never pretended to be "white" or "brown" I simply don't identify with such ridiculous terms

I never met any north african who see himself as white/european nor "brown". We view ourselves as simply north africans or as arabs/berbers that's it.
    I was just being sarcastic and not being serious the thruth my friend you can Identify all what you want most people are not born being anthrotards observing every facial feature to categorized you.

In my personal case I dont see myself as white or brown I have a different perspective when I think of a full brown person.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Northern Europe
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's just an avarage. A lot of black Americans are over 90% ssa. The avarage is 75% because of mulattos and "lightskins" who pull the avarage SSA % down. There's this notion that if you see a random dark skin afram he has to be 25% Euro, that's a myth.
    According to literally every study, very few Aframs have 90+ percent African specially in places where slavery was very common.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Northern Europe
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"An Afram with 75% west african +25% euro Will not look any different from a west african from Mali."
    25 percent definitely impacts phenotype bro.

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 09:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North africa
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh
    Country
    Chad
    Y-DNA
    G-L1259
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 267

1 Not allowed!

"An Afram with 75% west african +25% euro Will not look any different from a west african from Mali."
    25 percent definitely impacts phenotype bro.

The results of the black women are not even that uncommon there are hundreds of videos where aframs get 25% in autosomal test and look a 100% nigerian or ghanean (start watching at 7 minutes)

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

I didn't mean pigmenation, I meant facial features. When I watched Giggs play on Manchester united 15 years ago I thought he was simply a European guy, I didn't think of him as mixed..
    Even now I think in some pictures he passes for 100% Euro : https://assets.manutd.com/AssetPicke...9921402563.jpg

Guillaume Brenner looks way more black to me than does Ryan Giggs despite Ryan having similar pigmentation to him (or maybe Ryan is darker, idk)

Ryan Giggs is a proper quadroon, with a grandfather from West Africa.

Most ppl in your thread aren't "true quadroons" because having 25% Jamaican ancestry doesn't mean they're 25% SSA like Giggs... (Jamaicans aren't pure SSAs)
    Somalis aren't 100% SSA either, so Kalvin Philips is more like an octoroon than quadroon.

I doubt Ruud Gullit's son is 25% SSA, he's probably less because he's of Surinamese origin.

Anyway, my point was avarage octoroons (and even quadroons often) don't have the look that makes people think "Wow he must be SSA admixed!", so I agreed with Petalpusher.
    It is SSA Senegabian or Yoruba that are caucasoid/dolichocephalic is easier to dilute:

Brazilian Angolan bantoid is much more visible (skin color is not necessarily a determining factor)

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Northern Europe
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The results of the black women are not even that uncommon there are hundreds of videos where aframs get 25% in autosomal test and look a 100% nigerian or ghanean (start watching at 7 minutes)
    Why are you judging by a few videos? Look at South Italians, Gypsy's, Jews, Zoroastrians, Carribeans, Baloch, Siddis, quadroons in Latam. I could go on and on. Many Latin Americans have that much admixture and they look different for sure.

1/3-1/4 definitely impacts phenotype ON AVERAGE.

https://www.reddit.com/r/23andme/com...can_americans/
    Most people agree.

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread Information