H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,622
    Given: 21,626

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Voskos View Post
    He thinks he's entitled to badmouth even scientists who publish peer-reviewed papers on a regular basis. A clear case of narcissism combined with armchair science.
    I would not have so much faith in the academic world, nor so little in an ousider. The academic world is so inbred and corseted, that sometimes it is unable to accept that something good can emerge outside of it.

Although I recognize that if you are an authentic outsider, you would not seek the acceptance of the academic world, and you would present the fruits of your ideas without passing the academic filter.

But actually I don't have enough data to judge this particular case, I'm only talking about generalities.

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    Sorry, so Davidski created Eurogenes k13 and Dienekes Dodecad?

And as far as i can understand, the polemic about that "calculator effect" was more about a controversy about the idea of ​​each one of how to solve it, and that Deniekes said to have been aware of the existence of that error before Davidski, isn´t it?
    Yes but Dienekes also created the software that allows people to run their calculators at Gedmatch. He’s definitely more knowledgeable than Davidski so the way Davidski counters his weaknesses is by doing anything he can even if it includes biasing data just to prove them wrong. So from a technical capabilities standpoint he’s much weaker than Dienekes, Vadim, Dilawer and others.

On the positive side he’s managed to keep people interested in genetics by being active on his blog.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    Even if he wasn't so good in 2012, people within 8 years can drastically improve their skills and understanding. He could have gotten 2 degrees during that timeline lol.

I think he is ok in general, Dienekes was alright too but Davidski is more knowledgeable.
    I disagree. He’s gotten a little better over the years but I have yet seen him to produce software himself or to be able to genotype sequences like Dienekes, Dilawer, or even Vadim. He’s definitely more talented than people here but even his G25 is nothing but a simple Plink PCA program that even a couple of people here can run. Even his G25 nMonte program was actually written by a fellow called Hujbrets

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Yes but Dienekes also created the software that allows people to run their calculators at Gedmatch. He’s definitely more knowledgeable than Davidski so the way Davidski counters his weaknesses is by doing anything he can even if it includes biasing data just to prove them wrong. So from a technical capabilities standpoint he’s much weaker than Dienekes, Vadim, Dilawer and others.

On the positive side he’s managed to keep people interested in genetics by being active on his blog.
    So I don´t understand, why some people here think that Davidski is biased choosing references for G25 and for that reason they don´t like G25, but at the same time they defend Eurogenes k13, created also by Davidski?

I don´t know anything about this controversy, probably I am missing many things...

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Voskos View Post
    He thinks he's entitled to badmouth even scientists who publish peer-reviewed papers on a regular basis. A clear case of narcissism combined with armchair science.
    Very true! Although he’s been correct a couple of times he’s been wrong more often

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I disagree. He’s gotten a little better over the years but I have yet seen him to produce software himself or to be able to genotype sequences like Dienekes, Dilawer, or even Vadim. He’s definitely more talented than people here but even his G25 is nothing but a simple Plink PCA program that even a couple of people here can run. Even his G25 nMonte program was actually written by a fellow called Hujbrets
    If i pass a random raw data, can you make G25 coordinates with them? How many people do you know here that can do this?

You can have talent to choose good references but not have it to create software, and you can be talented to create good software but not to select good references.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So I don´t understand, why some people here think that Davidski is biased choosing references for G25 and for that reason they don´t like G25, but at the same time they defend Eurogenes k13, created also by Davidski?

I don´t know anything about this controversy, probably I am missing many things...
    I don’t use his tools so i’m not very familiar with the bias European issues Discussed here but i give vbnetkhio more weight than others because he’s proven that he understands and is able to run some of these tools better than others here

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I don’t use his tools so i’m not very familiar with the bias European issues Discussed here but i give vbnetkhio more weight than others because he’s proven that he understands and is able to run some of these tools better than others here
    Maybe they are right, maybe not, I cannot ajudge them either about if Davidski is biased or not. i have seen French and Italians complaining about their references and accusing him with the same argument.

The "crime" of bias is very popular here, everyone accuses everyone of bias

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

If i pass a random raw data, can you make G25 coordinates with them? How many people do you know here that can do this?

You can have talent to choose good references but not have it to create software, and you can be talented to create good software but not to select good references.
    Very easy. Create a plink database and run plink PCA specifying 25 coordinates.

Yes but if you are able to create genetics software you would have more in depth knowledge of bioinformatics and can understand for example how to properly run g25 and what its weaknesses are

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 06:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,886
    Given: 26,288

1 Not allowed!

Very true! Although he’s been correct a couple of times he’s been wrong more often
    He was right on the steppe origin of Indoeuropeans I guess, and Dienekes was probably wrong supporting the Anatolian hypothesis. That still doesn't give him the right to discredit fellow scientists or amateur scientists nor to push an agenda through his several calculators.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information