Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,935
    Given: 7,460

1 Not allowed!

Modern Latin America is MUCH closer to Spain (undisputed Western country) than it is to pre-colonial Latin America. If Latin America was non-Western, then this shouldn't be the case. And if I'm not mistaken, Spain is closer to Latin America than it is to most other Western countries.

The main reason Latin America isn't included in the West is because of it's development/economy, I don't think racial differences matter since some Westerners are trying to get the Koreans and Japanese into their club (even though they don't care about it). Even USA is only 60-70% White and an undisputed Western country. So it's only for economic reasons that LATAM is excluded.

Latin America has a Western name, Western language, Western religion, Western geography, Western blood (mostly), and arguably Western identity. So that makes it part of the West.

Last Online
    Today @ 04:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,482
    Given: 13,196

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    Not just the violence and drug problem but the massive corruption. I think the massive corruption is a good indicator that they are not western.
    This. That's why I only consider Uruguay the truly western country in Latin America. There was a time when Argentina was too but those days are long gone...

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    You don't need to be colonized by western europeans to be influenced by them...

You really think Eastern Europe has nothing in common with western Europe culturally?
    According to Samuel P. Huntington, Baltic countries, Poland, Croatia, Czechia, Slovenia etc belongs to the western world, unlike Latin America.
    he didn't say that. Latam is derived from the West (influenced by other peoples).

Last Online
    06-29-2020 @ 04:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Etruscan-Roman
    Ethnicity
    Latin
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Lazio
    Hero
    Roman von Ungern-Sternberg
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 728
    Given: 861

3 Not allowed!

Truth is "Western civilisation" is bogus to push political agenda for modern elite's global interests. Many fight each other about who's part of it and who isn't... who are the leaders and so on... but ask young people in their 20s to define Western civilisation today and I'm pretty sure the answer they would give you would get them in trouble facing anyone from this "civilisation" only ~80 years ago... all this "muh democracy, freedom (to do drugs, go clubbing and waste precious time doing crap activities like videogames or tv)" would be bashed by manly men that strongly believed in their God and their king (i.e. one own country's tradition). So, if this "civilisation" already changed its core beliefs in less than 100 years after the new religion came around (Hollywoodism), how come we can still call it the same "civilization"? Anyway, Western Europe+Oceania+North America are not in harmony, not more than any industrialized place in the world today (and there you can also add places like Hong Kong, because the avarage kid in Hong Kong has more or less the same behaviour, goals and dreams as the normie USA kids or European children).

I know many places in Latin America, South America specially, I can say that presidents like Bolsonaro (ass kisser of both USA and Israel) only let things worse there, that pitiful attitude to rush to be considered as "Western and progressive" can do no good, it's only a big trap for the underdogs.

What I could say to Latin Americans is: embrace traditional Catholicism (traditions have the power to unite people), respect the place of Native Americans in the composition of each country, don't try to copy USA, work/study hard and have patience (I mean don't give up on the path/struggle). That's how I see the good solution for the problems that Latin America faces, no magic/quick solution.
    "Moderation in all things healthful; total abstinence from all things harmful."

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    Modern Latin America is MUCH closer to Spain (undisputed Western country) than it is to pre-colonial Latin America. If Latin America was non-Western, then this shouldn't be the case. And if I'm not mistaken, Spain is closer to Latin America than it is to most other Western countries.

The main reason Latin America isn't included in the West is because of it's development/economy, I don't think racial differences matter since some Westerners are trying to get the Koreans and Japanese into their club (even though they don't care about it). Even USA is only 60-70% White and an undisputed Western country. So it's only for economic reasons that LATAM is excluded.

Latin America has a Western name, Western language, Western religion, Western geography, Western blood (mostly), and arguably Western identity. So that makes it part of the West.
    If latin america is not part of the west, countries like greece are also not western. Latam confuses historians because some countries have greater Amerindian influence, but language, religion and laws are Western.

Last Online
    06-29-2020 @ 04:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Etruscan-Roman
    Ethnicity
    Latin
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Lazio
    Hero
    Roman von Ungern-Sternberg
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 728
    Given: 861

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Welcome back Adamastor. Long time no see.
    If you're referring to any other user, I never had another account on this forum. If it was just a mistake: I'm not Adamastor (don't even know who he is).

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    greece are also not western. Latam confuses historians because some countries have greater Amerindian influence, but language, religion and laws are Western.
    Greece is Hellenic, which by itself is greater than any Western modern crap. But what you are trying to suggest there? That modern Greeks are not related to Ancient ones or what?
    "Moderation in all things healthful; total abstinence from all things harmful."

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazio View Post

Greece is Hellenic, which by itself is greater than any Western modern crap. But what you are trying to suggest there? That modern Greeks are not related to Ancient ones or what?
    Turkish and Levantine Influence

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The Philippines was colonised by Spain just like Peru, so is Philippines a western country?

not due to the influence of Asian civilization and the muslim religion.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    /...
    Country
    Japan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,819
    Given: 5,369

0 Not allowed!

Latin American countries were explotation colonies, this Is why classim and corruption are almost the main problem, thus creating Crime Poverty Social inequality etc take a look at Mexico Instead one of the highest economies In Latin America and most rich millionaires In Latin America yet over 60 million poor over there.

I'm myself an Immigrant to the United States was born In Mexico but now happy to be U.S citizen proud Texas Republican conservative

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Dude, stop pushing Argentina used to be white meme on TA.

Genetic studies of Latin American populations clearly indicate that race-mixing occurred in the first generation only, after that point the local 'white' core population is essentially derived from that original first generation of mestizos and them further mixing with fellow castizos and criollos, and later getting bleached by subsequent Southern European immigration in the 20th century.

The only stock of people from pure Southern European descent, most likely, made up around 10% of the total population back then.

British investment in the 19th century along with free market traditions, railroad investment, stable constitutional rule and agricultural expansion made Argentina one of the wealthiest countries in the world at the turn of the century, basically integrating into the British Empire as an "honorary Dominion", kinda like a Spanish-speaking Canada but with no official British rule and a local bleached mongrel population.

As a result of this, between 1880-1950 Argentina experienced one of the largest waves of European immigration in the world, second only to the USA.

And most of those immigrants were from Italy and Spain.

But after WWII, plenty of poor indo-mestizo immigrants from Paraguay, Bolivia, and Peru migrated to Argentina and there's was also a lowering of birthrates among local bleached mongrel population who resembled Southern Europeans that point and an increase of birthrate among the Argentinians that were more mixed from the North. Even Patagonia used to have mestizo immigrants from Chile.

This is why most actual OWD Argentinians still insist on 4chan that their country used to be "white" but why their country itself doesn't look as white as much as it used to be.

As for economy Argentina has a colder climate who's main export revolves around it's granaries, or at least it did.

Previously before XIXth century mass migration from Southern and Eastern Europe, even Southern Brazil was more similar to Paraguay, they had a massive mongrel and indigenous population that was mostly bleached as they received more Euro input, we have enough mongrels from Southern Brazil on this very forum (one is actively trolling this thread, this place has a huge OWD mongrel demographic anyway) who insist they are "white and European" because of this simple reason lel.

Gisele Bündchen is from Southern Brazil for instance, she is supposedly of full German descent, but your own countrymen said that she looks mixed.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post6374367
    Why don't you join that other Canadian and go shooting people (mixed race in your case), crazy are you already. Why are you "worried" about mixtures of races from countries who is not your country ???

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information