Thread: IBS Kurdish distances

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by henry007 View Post
    "The difference is Kurds that remained in West Iran absorbed more Caucasus, Anatolian, and steppe related genes. This diluted their Iran-N."

Also, what do you mean by that? Arent unmixed kurds(yes, i know kurds are a mix as well, but like from there, not being further mixed) a result of iranian chalcolithic, steppe iranic nomad and iranian neolithic, meaning they always had lower iranian neolithic ancestry, while balochs are the same mix that went eastwards, mixed with the ancient natives of south iran and instead got more iranian neolithic through shahr e sokteh farmers(iranian neolithic alike people with aasi)?
    I was talking about Kurds picking up that stuff over the past 1000 to 2000 years because the people living before the present day Kurds in the Zagros like Iran-Chl had more Iran-N than present day Kurds

Banned
    Last Online
    08-01-2020 @ 05:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Y-DNA
    L-M357
    mtDNA
    J1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

"I have never seen anyone post dstats or qpAdm results dealing with Baloch vs W Asians that contradicted his results"

The people on AG(not just south asians) seem to be fund of qpAdm themselves and still dont agree with kurd on that regard. If you had a word with them, i think youll find out they wont agree with you(i do assume, as youre about to say, that they have agendas. I DO think they might have agendas, but not on this one. I dont think it sounds right either that kurds and balochs are very identical today).

"Are you saying this based on a large number of verbs and nouns shared between Kurdish and Pashto or are you talking about a Kurdish admixture calculator? Also, I haven't seen any DNA papers out there discussing the migration of Baloch from western Iran."

I didnt meant by language or admixture wise. I meant by he literally said we had proto kurdish ancestry, that the "west asianess" in pashtuns come from "proto-kurds".

ALso, there was this dna plot on iranians from 2019 and the balochs didnt seem exactly identical to the kurds on the plot. Neither most of the south iranians. SOme of the iranian members posted it before. I think you can ask them about it.

"Did that program even have a S. Eurasian component. If it didn't then that's your answer"

I think it did. It def gave west asians such as kurds a lot of east asian, like 8-10%. Im maybe going to post my results(i expected more from his program and the results were less interesting than i thought, just lumping all the west eurasian together)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information