Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Would you mistaken these Amerindians as SE Asians if you didnt know they are Native?

Last Online
    10-16-2020 @ 07:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ancestry
    Mexico, Spain
    Country
    Angola
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    👎
    Hero
    Moctezuma tzocoyotzin
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

Default Would you mistaken these Amerindians as SE Asians if you didnt know they are Native?

Quote Originally Posted by Maguzanci View Post
    Yeh i cannot trust Filipinos on anthroforums anymore thanks to him. He has some inferiority complexes towards Latinos. He even claimed Evo Morales can pass as a local with a weird face in Phils rofl.
    There is some colonial story that can explain this inferiority complex, I think some mestizos helped colonize those islands, it makes sense.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

0 Not allowed!

You would be mindblowned to see how stupid and ridiculous many Pinos are on anthroforums. Like when I post some Amerindians who look very unique, several Phinos would say he/she can pass in the Phils rofl.
    its not just them white people often also cant tell the difference

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mexican American
    Ancestry
    Mostly Iberian and Amerindian/ 3% to 2% Scottish Miniscule African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Nevada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,631
    Given: 3,857

1 Not allowed!

I see. Would you say sharper Caucasoid-like features or rounder features are more common among Indomestizos ans Amerindians in Mexico?

It is mostly the istmids that overlap right? Not really with Pueblids and Margids?
    Hard to answer your first question. Sinces the majority of indo-mestizo or indigenous are located in central Mexico or southern Mexico. So I guess it's a mix but leans towards sharper features sinces istmids are a miniority and not so common. Pueblid and magrid are far more common. Pueblids can overlap too, but I don't see magrids overlapping.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-06-2021 @ 03:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,704
    Given: 5,603

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    its not just them white people often also cant tell the difference
    But i am so surprised many Phinos cannot tell even the difference like what the hell.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hmaohma78 View Post
    Hard to answer your first question. Sinces the majority of indo-mestizo or indigenous are located in central Mexico or southern Mexico. So I guess it's a mix but leans towards sharper features sinces istmids are a miniority and not so common. Pueblid and magrid are far more common. Pueblids can overlap too, but I don't see magrids overlapping.
    I see. I am surprised Pueblids can overlap too. Don't Ueblids have a lot of Caucasoid features like sharp hook nose, long narrow face even compared to most Amerindians? Ans rhus have very low chances of overlapping with Phinos?

Btw do Huichols have Istmid admixture? Many of them have broader and rounder features from what i seen in videos.

Also I am surprised how stupid and ridiculous many Pinos are on anthroforums. Like when I post some Amerindians who look very unique, several Phinos would say he/she can pass in the Phils rofl.Its like they cannot even the tell the difference between their own people and Amerindians lmfao

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiro_Brianza View Post
    There is some colonial story that can explain this inferiority complex, I think some mestizos helped colonize those islands, it makes sense.
    Also I am surprised how stupid and ridiculous many Pinos are on anthroforums. Like when I post some Amerindians who look very unique, several Phinos would say he/she can pass in the Phils rofl.Its like they cannot even the tell the difference between their own people and Amerindians lmfao

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    The Americas -> North America -> Hispanic America -> Mexico -> Western Mexico
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano Virreinal (1000% mexican! Born, raised and living in Mexico)
    Ethnicity
    60.73-65.1% European/MENA, 33-35.81% Indigenous American and 2-3.45% SSA
    Ancestry
    Spain, Mesoamerica, Western and Central Africa
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b -> L19 -> M81 -> M183 -> PF2477 -> PF2546
    mtDNA
    Unknown
    Taxonomy
    Castizo: Alpinized Gracile Med and slightly Baskid + Minor Margid
    Politics
    Meritocracy, "Git Gud" and Ius Soli
    Hero
    Cristóbal de Oñate, Reina Isabel la Católica, Tzilacatzin, Porfirio Díaz and Dr. Iosif Lazaridis
    Religion
    Agnosticism (Culturally Roman Catholicism)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,503
    Given: 10,131

2 Not allowed!

I see. I am surprised Pueblids can overlap too. Don't Ueblids have a lot of Caucasoid features like sharp hook nose, long narrow face even compared to most Amerindians? Ans rhus have very low chances of overlapping with Phinos?

Btw do Huichols have Istmid admixture? Many of them have broader and rounder features from what i seen in videos.

Mmm no, pure natives pueblids cannot overlap with phinos

Banned
    Last Online
    01-18-2021 @ 06:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    South Indian/Sri Lankan looking
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,064
    Given: 1,589

1 Not allowed!

But i am so surprised many Phinos cannot tell even the difference like what the hell.
    Apparently Mexicans cant tell either. Based on what I heard of people from my race when they go to Mexico, people think they are locals. I find it shocking but if its true then it means mexicans are braindead. we look nothing like them

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mexican American
    Ancestry
    Mostly Iberian and Amerindian/ 3% to 2% Scottish Miniscule African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Nevada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,631
    Given: 3,857

2 Not allowed!

Sorry let me retract i got confused a istmids area of the country with pueblid. The only Native Americans that SE Asians can overlap to a degree are Amazonians, Mexican and central American Istmid types and some Northern South American Natives due to shared features like flat nose, small round eyes, round face.
    SE Asians look very distinct and different from most of other Amerindian types such as Margid, Pueblid, Andid, Pampid, Patagonid, etc. who possess pseudo-Caucasoid and much more robust features such as sharp, aquiline nose, thinner lips, very narrow and slender long face, etc. which is something most SE Asians lack.
    Maybe if its a more of mestizo type with less sharp features perhaps, but i think it's rare.
    Huicholes are centralid

Last Online
    10-16-2020 @ 07:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ancestry
    Mexico, Spain
    Country
    Angola
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    👎
    Hero
    Moctezuma tzocoyotzin
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Would you mistaken these Amerindians as SE Asians if you didnt know they are Native?

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Apparently Mexicans cant tell either. Based on what I heard of people from my race when they go to Mexico, people think they are locals. I find it shocking but if its true then it means mexicans are braindead. we look nothing like them
    I can tell the difference easily and I am from Mexico, also pure 100% amerindians are rare (maybe just not that rare in Bolivia), or at least 90%+ Amerindian. I mean very rare, so it’s amazing if you are one of them.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information