Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: An interesting split between this forum's most right-wing members I have noticed

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,246
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    When it comes to whether ethnocentrism is more-or-less universal, or whether it is mostly the domain of Europeans and maybe East Asians, I have noticed some of the forum's most right-wing members divided over the issue.

On the one hand, certain members like Teutone, The Lawspeaker and Smeagol argue that it is more-or-less universal, that non-whites are as capable of it as Whites, and that Whites can indeed be the victims of discrimination, prejudice and rejection by other ethnic groups. (The belief in universal ethnocentrism is broadly one I share too, especially given my chats with many non-Whites, as well as surveys I have read).

On the other hand, certain members like Blondie, Duffmann and Incal believe that many non-whites are not at all ethnocentric and, on the contrary, would rather date/marry White people than even people of their own race. (To me, this is basically like a right-wing version of the nonsensical 'White privilege' theory that comes mostly from silly Leftists).

Where I would concede that the latter camp are partly right - and probably people among the former camp would agree too - is that the majority of Chinese, Indians, Arabs, Amerindian-leaning Latin Americans etc. would find the idea of intermarrying with Whites to be less scandalous than intermarrying with Blacks. But that's the point: it is only a comparative, not a superlative.
    I see an interesting split between a half-ass pseudo-leftist 'liberal' like you who focuses on race and real leftist Marxists, such as myself, that would rather focus on Gramsci's hegemonic civil institutions which are part of the oppressive capitalist superstructure or Althusser's ISA(s) ideological (capitalist) state apparatuses.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,623
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

Not initially, but certainly by the late 18th and 19th centuries eugenic ideas were increasingly gaining ground.
    By the time those ideas caught on, and only among the elite, the Latin American countries were already independent.

There was never a disposition of the crown in that sense, and much less of the Catholic Church, which unfortunately for us in many aspects, had the same power as the king in most periods of our history.

I don´t know about Portugueses territories, but I doubt they variated a lot in that sense.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,196
    Given: 16,907

2 Not allowed!

Ironically, this is what the Spaniards and Portuguese originally thought that race-mixing in the colonies would eventually do to non-Whites.
    Can you provide a source for this claim regarding the Portuguese?
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBond007 View Post
    I see an interesting split between a half-ass pseudo-leftist 'liberal' like you who focuses on race and real leftist Marxists, such as myself, that would rather focus on Gramsci's hegemonic civil institutions which are part of the oppressive capitalist superstructure or Althusser's ISA(s) ideological (capitalist) state apparatuses.
    Oh, fuck...Gramsci.

Do you already read "The Coming Insurrection" written by the Invisible Committee and "The Great Transformation" of Karl Polanyi?

I had a friend (woman) that tried to convert me to her ideology through those lectures (and others).

They are avalaibles in pdf , free, in internet...

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 07:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Digital Don Quixote
    Ethnicity
    Forums
    Ancestry
    Hellenic, Balkan, Latin, Anatolian, Druide
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Anatolian Lappid
    Hero
    Justinian, Constantine, Augustus, Charlemagne, Aurelian, Alexander
    Religion
    Uralische beauties, Viktor Orban
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,627
    Given: 10,176

0 Not allowed!

It is a very interesting split.

Ethnocentrxit

Thanks for sharing and keep up the great content.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard 2.0 View Post
    Para mi es bastante divertido como siempre culpan a los ibericos, por ejemplo en el hilo de nassbean he leido a unos cuantos decir que han baneado a nassbean porque los ibericos se han cabreado y lo curioso es que somos los ibericos los que mas le hemos defendido (lo cual habla bastante bien de nosotros y nuestra autoctitica), no se si lo hacen por desconocimiento de lo sucedido o por culpar a alguien.
    Y si les dices algo encima dicen...yo??? como puedes pensar que puedo tener algo contra los espańoles??? Eso son cosas del pasado!!!

Un poso siempre queda, incluso hoy en día, de todo aquello de la leyenda negra, porque al final siempre se les escapa un frasecilla o una alusión a alguna de las ideas que esa leyenda esparció.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas View Post
    Can you provide a source for this claim regarding the Portuguese?
    I am surprised that the light anti-Spanish varnish that some English still have , splashes Portugueses too.

I always thought that the English were always very interested in feeding your national pride to avoid a hypothetical union, and they always knew how to take advantage of the differences we have to win you as allies.

I may be wrong, but I have always thought that you (Portugueses)are held in more value (by British) than we are, and that they considered you a country, not close, because there are notable cultural differences, but of its orbit.

Can I be so wrong?

I am not refering to the dialectical slip of Tooting Carmen, we all fall into similar slips at some point, but about the British view of Portugal.

Companhia dos Leőes da Beira
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    H15
    Religion
    Cultural Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,196
    Given: 16,907

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    I am surprised that the light anti-Spanish varnish that some English still have , splashes Portugueses too.

I always thought that the English were always very interested in feeding your national pride to avoid a hypothetical union, and they always knew how to take advantage of the differences we have to win you as allies.

I may be wrong, but I have always thought that you (Portugueses)are held in more value (by British) than we are, and that they considered you a country, not close, because there are notable cultural differences, but of its orbit.

Can I be so wrong?

I am not refering to the dialectical slip of Tooting Carmen, we all fall into similar slips at some point, but about the British view of Portugal.
    Well, whatever stereotypes that the British might have about Spaniards is on the same level with the ones that Spaniards have about the Portuguese such as "Portugal is a semi-British colony and every single British person loves Portugal and hates Spain". I have dwelled into this topic of Portuguese-British relations several times already so there is no need to keep repeating myself. I have no idea if the average British values Portugal more than Spain, I believe the average person does not care about diplomacy and just sees Portugal and Spain as touristic destinations. I was not even aware that Spaniards had inferiority complexes towards Great Britain before joining this forum, I thought that it was all in the past already.

Tooting Carmen is Colombian from what I remember by the way, so what he said might just as well be "anti-Iberian" Latino propaganda but I am giving him a chance to prove otherwise by backing what he said with sources.
    YDNA: R1b-L21 > DF13 > S1051 > FGC17906 > FGC17907 > FGC17866

Last Online
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,513
    Given: 13,217

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Davystayn View Post
    Yes South Asians and Chinese haven't integrated in hhe same way but afro caribbeans I'd argue have done so really well, bluntly through music and being superb at sport.

I'd say 5-15% of all couples I see are white woman plus black guy, higher in some areas
    And for example Chinese here are perfectly integrated. The problem or bias OP has is that he thinks aaaaaaaall people are going to react exactly the same way to a particular situation.

I was blind but now I see
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-10-2024 @ 03:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,666
    Given: 5,623

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    By the time those ideas caught on, and only among the elite, the Latin American countries were already independent.

There was never a disposition of the crown in that sense, and much less of the Catholic Church, which unfortunately for us in many aspects, had the same power as the king in most periods of our history.

I don´t know about Portugueses territories, but I doubt they variated a lot in that sense.
    Similar, the policy of the "branqueamento do Brazil" was decades after the independence, when they promoted the immigration of millions of europeans. Until then there was much more non-whites than whites in Brazil.

During the colonial period there was not much Portuguese families or european women (only in certain parts of the territory after the 18th century), it was mostly men, adventurers, sailors, soldiers, etc and naturally they wanted to fuck and have wifes. It does require a twisted mind to call it eugenics...

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information