Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Myheritage really like to give a lot of people "free Jewish" ancestry?

Last Online
    11-12-2020 @ 09:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    #
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0

1 Not allowed!

I also got 1.8% Ashkenazi Jewish on MyHeritage, and I have also seem MyHeritage randomly giving 1%-2% Nigeria to people.

Last Online
    01-13-2021 @ 08:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian + 1/32 Jewish
    Ancestry
    Balkans, Eastern Europe
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1a1b7
    mtDNA
    H1ax
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Politics
    More plantations
    Hero
    Ras Tafari
    Religion
    Rastafari
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,570
    Given: 25,848

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
    that would be Medditeranean dna like Greek and South Italians.
    Btw in my way is inaccurate , coz on dna.land,geneplaza and ftdna i have 10%+ Ashkenazi or Shepardic Jew and on myheritage i have 2.3%.So i think ur theory about Jews agenda is false They made me less Jewish ;D
    DNA.land also gives me more Jewish, FTDNA doesn't give me any Jewish and neither does any calculator on GEDmatch, G25 or Admixture Studio. There's a website called yourdnaportal.com and I score the most alleles on it's East Asian calculator (among Hungarians here).

There is a very useful thing in Admixture Studio, called Population nMonte (it's in the pro version). I always check that, most of the time I get the usual Balkan/East European stuff (Serbian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Hungarian), West Asian/Caucasian (Georgian, Armenian, Adyghe, Chechen, Ossetian, etc) and some kind of Central-East Asian (Mongolian, Kyrgyz, Altaian, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino etc). So Myheritage clearly faked it.

There's a result where I literally get modeled as Bulgarian/Hungarian/Romanian and Chinese... so I believe in my theory.

Myheritage is so bad even at covering up their lies that I get Mongolian and Greek/South Italian ancestry matches with some people even if it says I'm 0% lol.

What is this, if not clear evidence for faking some of my results?

There's more but it's useless to share all of my matches. I also have matches from Hong Kong (Chinese surname and everything).

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    me
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    R1a > YP1337 > R-BY160486*
    mtDNA
    H3*
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,243
    Given: 2,623

1 Not allowed!

Nope. I don't have any free Jewish, also not 1% Nigerian which also many people have.

But my results are useless as I got more Balkan than some Balkan users from this forum.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,627
    Given: 21,630

1 Not allowed!

Neither my parents nor I have any Jewish % in our MyHeritage ethnic estimations.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,134
    Given: 9,065

3 Not allowed!

Didn't see the free option, where can i buy it, shalom brothers.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 11:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,588
    Given: 8,908

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Nope. I don't have any free Jewish, also not 1% Nigerian which also many people have.

But my results are useless as I got more Balkan than some Balkan users from this forum.
    How is your wife's test, Luke?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,505
    Given: 1,507

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris596 View Post
    Just to be clear: I'm not against Jews in any way possible, this thread is not targeted against them, but more against Myheritage and their ,,cheesy'' ancestry reports.

I am seriously interested in this. In many cases, I find the results of some people (including me) strange and inaccurate.
    I have read in several places / forums (here too) that Myheritage often gives a large dose of Jewish ancestry even to people who really do not have, or only very minimally Jewish ancestry. I got 1.2% ,,Ashkenazi Jewish'' in my first ancestry report and since then I really don't know if I had Jewish ancestors or not.

Other than Myheritage and DNA.land for some reason, there are no calculators which think that I have Semitic/Jewish ancestry. After I did my second DNA upload the Jewish ancestry was gone and instead of it I got Japanese, which, as it turns out is not true either because I have ,,Chinese'' and some Southeast Asian blood. Sadly, I think that Myheritage really has some secret agenda and they try to fool people into thinking they have some Jewish ancestry, but in my case it's probably 0 - 0.5% as Ion Basescul has told me.

I have another thread about a Hungarian woman who was told by Myheritage that she is more than 10% Mizrahi/Iranian Jewish which is obviously a lie and impossible in Hungary, she also said that they changed her West-Asian to Jewish probably.

I also bought G25 coordinates and literally there's not a single G25 calculator which thinks that I'm Jewish, but I always get at least 1.2 - 2.4% East Asian (mainly Chinese). This is why I think that Myheritage changed that 1.2% East Asian to 1.2% Jewish on purpose... At least they did not lie about my Balkan ancestry which is what represents most of my genetic make-up. Maybe I'm missing something or there's really a secret agenda?

Please share your opinion on this matter!
    1.2% Jewish is next to impossible to detect on G25, as it will blend with other West Eurasian components. But I think I looked at this when you posted your results and concluded that it was probably real, given the percentage of matches that you've got with Jewish ancestry.
    I don't receive any on MyHeritage, but 0.3% on 23andme, which is known for being extremely accurate for this ancestry. And I believe it's true, because I get a lot of Jewish matches on 23andme, MyHeritage and GEDmatch.
    In my case it's from my dad's side, as my mom has a significantly smaller rate of Jewish matches.
    I should also mention that I talked some time ago with a user from Anthrogenica who is well read about Jewish ancestry. She triangulated my kit against hers and found mutual matches of Sephardi and Ashkenazi ancestry. So even 0.3% can be detectable with ease, because of how inbred Jewish people are.

Percentage of matches with Ashkenazi ancestry on MyHeritage

Me

Brother

Mom

Dad

Banned
    Last Online
    07-11-2020 @ 11:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Nomadic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Hero
    Dude that classify me atleast 35% SSA
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 43

1 Not allowed!

Just get 23andme

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:55 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,834
    Given: 26,125

3 Not allowed!

Other companies like FTDNA give me as much as 15% Jewish which I know is definitely not true. Myheritage can sometimes give you Jewish out of nowhere due to the fact it's an Israeli company thus most likely focusing on Jewish diaspora genetics. I wouldn't think it's done on purpose.

El_Abominacion

1 Not allowed!

The MH ethnicity estimate is complete garbage. Literally useless in all regards. It gives my mum 4.4% AJ when she scores none elsewhere, also 20.6% Irish, Scottish and Welsh along with. 9.4% 'North and West European'. Her Iberian is only 15.6%. If the upcoming update doesn't fix the atrocious estimates this company should just shut down.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information