Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: classify afghan morph

Bender1999

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
    Summer time can get really hot in Alot of parts and very sunny I agree
    Yes i must admit, after chilling outside in the summer i become tanned, in the winter i am „whiter“. I think climate plays sonetimes a role.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,311
    Given: 1,209

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender1999 View Post
    Yes i must admit, after chilling outside in the summer i become tanned, in the winter i am „whiter“. I think climate plays sonetimes a role.
    Generally speaking afghanistan has very beautiful adaptable weather ,except the deep south regions where it's almost desert climate. Has 4 seasons in a year with cold snowy winters , mild chilly spring and hot summers . Imo poverty plays a massive part . Over here in England , eastern european and even English builders are super tanned / reddish brown / brown due to spending so much time outside . Afghans in Afghanistan spend most of their lives outdoors believe it or not lol.

Bender1999

0 Not allowed!

Generally speaking afghanistan has very beautiful adaptable weather ,except the deep south regions where it's almost desert climate. Has 4 seasons in a year with cold snowy winters , mild chilly spring and hot summers . Imo poverty plays a massive part . Over here in England , eastern european and even English builders are super tanned / reddish brown / brown due to spending so much time outside . Afghans in Afghanistan spend most of their lives outdoors believe it or not lol.
    Sadly i once read that Afghanistan had a lot of forests, but after sovjet army withdrawed they cut off a lot of threes. Because if that many think that afghanistan is like Middle East(and also there are many climate zones)

But yes the same with Turks( we are very familiar culturally), we like more spending time outside with family or friends. Especially during the summer, also i dont like just staying at home. And beeing „tanned“ naturally dont means anything, Afghans(especially the Tadjiks) have more european admix than many west asian iranics.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender1999 View Post
    Sadly i once read that Afghanistan had a lot of forests, but after sovjet army withdrawed they cut off a lot of threes. Because if that many think that afghanistan is like Middle East(and also there are many climate zones)

But yes the same with Turks( we are very familiar culturally), we like more spending time outside with family or friends. Especially during the summer, also i dont like just staying at home. And beeing „tanned“ naturally dont means anything, Afghans(especially the Tadjiks) have more european admix than many west asian iranics.
    Not sure about Soviets burning forests but with all the warfare going on for more than a lifetime I wouldn't be surprised . Afghans don't have any European admix rather it's steppe admixture which is shared with europeans , that certainly pulls us Alot closer to Europeans than where we are situated . Also, pashtuns from eastern Afghanistan have quite high steppe admixture too .

Bender1999

1 Not allowed!

Not sure about Soviets burning forests but with all the warfare going on for more than a lifetime I wouldn't be surprised . Afghans don't have any European admix rather it's steppe admixture which is shared with europeans , that certainly pulls us Alot closer to Europeans than where we are situated . Also, pashtuns from eastern Afghanistan have quite high steppe admixture too .
    Yes i meant IEs genetic input.

Last Online
    09-06-2020 @ 07:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indus Valley Civilization+Indo Aryan
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22

0 Not allowed!

Indo Iranid

Last Online
    08-31-2020 @ 09:57 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Congolid with Nordid influence
    Politics
    Pan-Hellenism, Golden Dawn supporter
    Hero
    Alexander the Great
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 410

1 Not allowed!

Stereotypical afghans

A few could pass in Greece. Afghans are Indo-Europeans after all. A number of them wouldn't even look out of place in all of Southern Balkans ( Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, etc etc)

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Alexander the Great
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Some wise guys over at another forum told me that the Iranics already had asiatic admixture before migrating to the Iranic plateau. Sounds kinda bs since it was taboo for people to mix with those outside their tribe.

Out of curiosity what percentage of Afghans would you say have blonde hair? (Excluding children)?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zodzod_ View Post
    Some wise guys over at another forum told me that the Iranics already had asiatic admixture before migrating to the Iranic plateau. Sounds kinda bs since it was taboo for people to mix with those outside their tribe.

Out of curiosity what percentage of Afghans would you say have blonde hair? (Excluding children)?
    Depends what you decide as "blonde " , however it's not common at all imo . Light brown hair is a different story though . Reddish brown hair is much more common too.

I can only find this study done on afghans ( pashtuns tajiks and nuristanis )

The Afghans and Pathans, like the Persians, are usually brunet, and at the same time show a persistent minority of blondism, which in this case reflects Nordic admixture. They are heavy-bearded, and possess heavy body hair. Their facial features show a maximum of bony relief, and, on the whole, their facial skeletons seem much heavier and much more strongly marked than those of the more delicate Arabian Mediterraneans. They possess, in common with the Arabian Mediterranean group, a sharpness in definition of feature which stands in contrast to the coarser lineaments of the average Mesopotamian countenance.

In respect to the Dardic group, we have a certain amount of published and unpublished information which will be useful here.25

The Kafirs of the Kati tribe, who live in the easternmost section of Kafiristan, are taller and larger-headed than the Pathans, but still essentially dolichocephalic and leptorrhine.26 They seem also to possess a high ratio of blondism. Like the Pathans, their commonest skin color is a medium brunet white, von Luschan #9, but in hair and eye color they seem to be lighter than the Pushtu-speaking peoples. Thirty-four per cent have mixed or light eyes, as opposed to 20 per cent of Pushtus. Their hair color, according to Stein, is blond or light brown in 28 per cent of the group.27"

"The Tajiks of both countries are pale skinned hirsute europiform pamirians with 10% light hair(blonde) and 15% light eyes (blue)"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Alexander the Great
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Depends what you decide as "blonde " , however it's not common at all imo . Light brown hair is a different story though . Reddish brown hair is much more common too.

I can only find this study done on afghans ( pashtuns tajiks and nuristanis )

The Afghans and Pathans, like the Persians, are usually brunet, and at the same time show a persistent minority of blondism, which in this case reflects Nordic admixture. They are heavy-bearded, and possess heavy body hair. Their facial features show a maximum of bony relief, and, on the whole, their facial skeletons seem much heavier and much more strongly marked than those of the more delicate Arabian Mediterraneans. They possess, in common with the Arabian Mediterranean group, a sharpness in definition of feature which stands in contrast to the coarser lineaments of the average Mesopotamian countenance.

In respect to the Dardic group, we have a certain amount of published and unpublished information which will be useful here.25

The Kafirs of the Kati tribe, who live in the easternmost section of Kafiristan, are taller and larger-headed than the Pathans, but still essentially dolichocephalic and leptorrhine.26 They seem also to possess a high ratio of blondism. Like the Pathans, their commonest skin color is a medium brunet white, von Luschan #9, but in hair and eye color they seem to be lighter than the Pushtu-speaking peoples. Thirty-four per cent have mixed or light eyes, as opposed to 20 per cent of Pushtus. Their hair color, according to Stein, is blond or light brown in 28 per cent of the group.27"

"The Tajiks of both countries are pale skinned hirsute europiform pamirians with 10% light hair(blonde) and 15% light eyes (blue)"
    Thanks for the reply. I once visited an Iranian restaurant and was intrigued to see a man working there (later discovered was Afghan) was blonde.

Last question bro, do the Persians also have a similar level of blondism as the Tajiks in your opinion? (10%)? I think only 3% of them have a 'nordic blonde' hair colour (a yellowish colour that everyone considers blonde).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information