R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,591
    Given: 8,909

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ion Basescul View Post
    Yep, the Stefan Voda samples from the village of Caplani are also on the border with Odessa Oblast. And as a group they are our most Southern group from Moldova. Individually, some of them are also the most Southern Moldovans that I've got yet, though I have significantly less samples from the South as opposed to the Centre and North.

I think I checked the share of the Southern Moldovan districts relative to the whole country's population and it was something like 20% with Gagauzia and 15% without it. So they should naturally be rarer.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,750
    Given: 3,189

0 Not allowed!

All of Moldova is a big corcitura.
    In your case is true.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,506
    Given: 1,507

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    I think I checked the share of the Southern Moldovan districts relative to the whole country's population and it was something like 20% with Gagauzia and 15% without it. So they should naturally be rarer.
    Yes, I've just checked and there are 16% without Gagauzia in the South and 25% in the North. The majority is in the Centre and specifically Chisinau.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    In your case is true.
    For you Ukrainian mixes who got acculturated as Moldovans are not corcituras because you are a big Slavic simp. But it's true, like it or not.
    When you will test and find hundreds of Ukrainian and Polish matches, you will also accept that.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Very Southern for someone from Odessa oblast but then again, he is more native to the region than the (Russo-)Ukrainians living there.
    Bolgrad and Ismail districts have a big Bulgarian presence, especially Bolgrad who was their center in Budjak, and still is.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

For you Ukrainian mixes who got acculturated as Moldovans are not corcituras because you are a big Slavic simp. But it's true, like it or not.
    When you will test and find hundreds of Ukrainian and Polish matches, you will also accept that.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk
    Strange you tell me this, since my arguments on results of some people from my area who are visible northern for region, I said they can be Ukrainian admixed because I know local ethnic background. Person from Briceni is Northern because half of the district is Ukrainian, part of them are even native for the region, who can be themself Balkan admixed already like Carpathian Rusyns, is similar to the South, but more complex.

And yes, I don't like then Moldavians are darkwashed by some Romanos or Serbs who chose especially these very southern results from the South, and claiming what they are "pure" , the rest are bastards mixed with Ukrainians/Russians, I saw this so many times. I take all this as a personal insults.

Nothing strange to have Ukrainian/Polish matches, when Eastern Slavs are part of Moldavian ethnogenesis since XIVth century.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Strange you tell me this, since my arguments on results of some people from my area who are visible northern for region, I said they can be Ukrainian admixed because I know local ethnic background. Person from Briceni is Northern because half of the district is Ukrainian, part of them are even native for the region, who can be themself Balkan admixed already like Carpathian Rusyns, is similar to the South, but more complex.

And yes, I don't like then Moldavians are darkwashed by some Romanos or Serbs who chose especially these very southern results from the South, and claiming what they are "pure" , the rest are bastards mixed with Ukrainians/Russians, I saw this so many times. I take all this as a personal insults.

Nothing strange to have Ukrainian/Polish matches, when Eastern Slavs are part of Moldavian ethnogenesis since XIVth century.
    There is nothing wrong with being Ukrainian admixed, just like with any other kind of mixes.
    I am probably the most qualified from here to draw the assumption that everyone is fairly mixed, since I have seen the most results over the years, be they on GEDmatch, 23andme, MyHeritage, FTDNA, etc.
    What I find funny is that you accept East Slavic mixes as Moldovan, whereas shunning on Moldovans from the South, who come from monoethnic villages, like those from Caplani. This is hypocritical and denotes personal insecurities.

It is strange, when the same Moldovans from over the river don't have the same weight of Ukrainian and Polish matches. This leads to the conclusion that people here are more multicultural genetically and assimilated such people in the past.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There is nothing wrong with being Ukrainian admixed, just like with any other kind of mixes.
    I am probably the most qualified from here to draw the assumption that everyone is fairly mixed, since I have seen the most results over the years, be they on GEDmatch, 23andme, MyHeritage, FTDNA, etc.
    What I find funny is that you accept East Slavic mixes as Moldovan, whereas shunning on Moldovans from the South, who come from monoethnic villages, like those from Caplani. This is hypocritical and denotes personal insecurities.

It is strange, when the same Moldovans from over the river don't have the same weight of Ukrainian and Polish matches. This leads to the conclusion that people here are more multicultural genetically and assimilated such people in the past.
    South is the most heterogeneous region of the country, with plenty of land colonised recently by many ethnic groups from south of Danube in recent time. These ones from other side of Prut river are mixed with individuals from other regions, they don't have a coutnry in the past 160 years, today they are just Romanos, even by look today they are not much different from Wallachians from the south.

And arguments about monoethnic villages is useless, this one is monoethnic too: http://localitati.casata.md/index.ph...litate&id=1211

Eu te rog frumos, nu borî moldovenii.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

0 Not allowed!

Ion Basescul puts it very well in words:

Veteran Member WeirdLookingFellow's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 06:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkan, Slavic from the Scythian Steppes of LARPing
    Ethnicity
    Moldovan, Romanian
    Ancestry
    Moldovan, Ukrainian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Ponto-Turan
    Hero
    Woody, the Cuman Khan
    Religion
    Folkish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,876
    Given: 3,564

0 Not allowed!

South is the most heterogeneous region of the country, with plenty of land colonised recently by many ethnic groups from south of Danube in recent time. These ones from other side of Prut river are mixed with individuals from other regions, they don't have a coutnry in the past 160 years, today they are just Romanos, even by look today they are not much different from Wallachians from the south.

And arguments about monoethnic villages is useless, this one is monoethnic too: http://localitati.casata.md/index.ph...litate&id=1211

There was safe to no Wallachian immigration into Moldova, except for the known Vrancea-Galati-Braila-Buzau area of intermixing. Even so, most Moldavians from said area do not know to have southern origins.

Whatever documents we have earlier than 1900 show at most some Transylvanians moving in.

Edit: And just to add, there's nothing wrong with looking like Wallachians, although I'd say we diverge.

Te rog eu frumos, nu borî moldovenii.
    Last edited by WeirdLookingFellow; 10-01-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    Just a 26.6% European individual

G25 "26.6% Austrian:Austria6 + 73.4% Romanian:G408" "0.0096"
    EU TEST 86.9% RO + 13.1% West_&_Central_German @ 4.98
    K13 56.9% Tu(ran)scan + 43.1% Ukrainian @ 4.02

Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread Information