Thread: Black Jesus painting will be installed in one of UK’s oldest cathedrals

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

I hope someone will smash it !

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown European View Post
    I don't see a problem with a Jesus being depicted as a black African even though it is not accurate but to make claims he was a black African is just dumb he would have looked like Levantines do today. Judeans were most biological similar to modern Iraqi Jews. and Jesus being from Northern Palestine/Israel. His genetics would be most similar to Iraqi Jews, Samaritans, Lebanese, Cypriots, Druze, Phoenicians, and some Palestinians, Syrians, and Arameans. These are the people he would have looked most like. Afrocentrists just make dumb claims that White and Brown civilizations were Black with no reasoning. When I see a afrocentrist claiming Vikings, Chinese, and Olmecs were black African I just Laugh my ass off because its so fucking dumb
    Yup. Though, more than half of the genome of Palestinian Muslims and Western Jewish peoples(Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews) derive their ancestries from the Israelites/Canaanites. I genetically cluster very closely with Iraqi Jews than with the average Palestinian Muslim.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,942
    Given: 45,032

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown European View Post
    Even Ethiopians long before Europeans were there they depicted Jesus as middle eastern just as often as black African
    Attachment 100760
    Attachment 100761
    Attachment 100762
    Attachment 100763
    Attachment 100764
    Yes of course but this is different and not offensive. Different ethnic groups have always depicted Jesus and other Biblical characters as looking like themselves, in order to more identify with them personally.

However this blackified image of a well-known Christian painting depicting Jesus as a modern African-American looking black man and his disciples as white just comes across as having a political motive that has nothing to do with honouring Jesus, but more about disrespecting Jesus and Christian heritage of Europeans in particular, it rhymes with the prevailing social attacks in America on whiteness and European Christian culture. It's despicable and disrespectful and in poor taste.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

4 Not allowed!

By the way, Levantine people like the majority of historical ethnic people from Syria, Lebanon and Palestine were Caucasoid in race and are also classified as white in modern America. So it is not inaccurate to state that Jesus was white. The vast majority of Jews are phenotypically white too, and have always been.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul View Post
    Actually I think you yourself are a good example of what Jesus's coloration was, although he would be more tanned
    Maybe. I mean, I am over 75% genetically Levantine, 10% Berber, less than 10% Persian/Iranian and so on.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...03#post6790603

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    By the way, Levantine people like the majority of historical ethnic people from Syria, Lebanon and Palestine were Caucasoid in race and are also classified as white in modern America. So it is not inaccurate to state that Jesus was white. The vast majority of Jews are phenotypically white too, and have always been.
    Sure. I mean, in a scientific context, both MENA and Europeans are racially and genetically Caucasoids or West Eurasians while Blacks had been separated from the ancestors of Eurasians for by over 100,000 years. Either Jesus would have looked like a Samaritan or a pseudo-White person like Bashar al-Assad or myself is a matter of debate. Either way, he was indeed Caucasoid middle easterner, and has far more closer relations with Europeans and other Caucasoid groups than to Blacks and other races.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,315
    Given: 1,210

2 Not allowed!

People seem to get confused between "black SSA person " and a " dark skin person". Being the latter doesn't automatically make you the former . Jesus pbuh was from the Levant and a semetic jew. His physical description according to hadiths is concluded that he was either reddish white or light brownish complextion. Determining someone's skin tone can depend on the environment and can be subjective according to what word the person describing uses .

While I was sleeping, I saw myself (in a dream), performing Tawaf (circumambulation of the House of God in Makkah). I saw a reddish-white man with lank hair, with water dripping from his head, I asked, "Who is this?" They replied, "The Son of Maryam (Mary)." Then I turned my face to see another man with a huge body, red complexion, curly hair and blind in one eye. His eye looked like a protruding grape. They said to me, "He is Dajjal." The prophet added, "The man he resembled the most is Ibn Qatan, a man from the tribe of Khuza’a."
    Some Hadiths give the following description of Jesus :
    "There was a person of a yellowish-browncomplexion, the most handsome that could be seen of such a colour of men."
    This description has been recorded by Imam Bukhari on four different occasions. Imam Muslim(d.261/839) has also recorded three Hadiths giving the same description of Jesus.
    Another Hadith, recorded by Imam Bukhari, Imam Muslim and Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal(d.240/818) also gives this description of Jesus.

This Hadith is as follows :

"Ibn Nomayr has narrated to us from Hanzalah from Salim, that the said, "I heard Ibn Umar saying that the prophet said, "I saw near the Ka’bah (House of God), a person who was whitish-red and lank- haired, resting his hands upon two men, as water dripped from his head. I asked, "Who is this?" The people replied, "He is I`sa u, Ibn Maryam ," or they may have replied, "He is Masih, Ibn Maryam ." I also saw behind him, a man of red complexion, curly hair and blind in the right eye. The person with the most resemblance to him that I have seen, is Ibn-Qutn. So I asked, "Who is this?" The people replied, "He is Masih Ad-Dajjal."
    Back to contents of Hazrat Isa

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

5 Not allowed!

I would go so far as to say that this whole modern anti-white hatred and obsession in the world, especially the western world, is precisely an attack from the devil on the character of Jesus and on his people who have carried the Christian faith for two thousand years and spread it to the rest of the world. The devil hates Jesus and hates white people for this. And that is why he has provoked this intense jealousy in non-white people towards white people, white culture and the Christian religion. It's a deep, murderous envy that is birthed by demonic hatred.

Last Online
    08-26-2023 @ 04:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance and Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    Lorraine, Alsace, Palatine, and Baden
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    J2a1
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Litorid, Assyroid, Mediterranid
    Politics
    Centrist, Moderate, Libertarian,
    Hero
    Aaron, Son of the Devil
    Religion
    Catholic (Jewish Descent)
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 31

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Yes of course but this is different and not offensive. Different ethnic groups have always depicted Jesus and other Biblical characters as looking like themselves, in order to more identify with them personally. However this blackified image of a well-known Christian painting depicting Jesus as a modern African-American looking black man and his disciples as white just comes across as having a political motive that has nothing to do with honouring Jesus, but more about disrespecting Jesus and Christian heritage of Europeans in particular, it rhymes with the prevailing social attacks in America on whiteness and European Christian culture. It's despicable and disrespectful and in poor taste.
    I agree with you it is disrespectful and racist to replace a white Jesus with a black Jesus or trying to get rid of of white Jesus’s because they claim it is inaccurate, racist, a symbol of white supremacy. but East Asian, Black African, and Native American Jesus‘s are fine. Because if you the real image of Jesus in a crowd of White-European he would blend in much better very likely would not even stand out but with a crowd of East Asians, Black Africans, Native Americans he would not be able to blend in at all

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    British - Bactrian
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,315
    Given: 1,210

0 Not allowed!

Prophets of God should not be made into paintings or idols either .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information