Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DesiBlitz asks: Do interracial marriages work?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,779

0 Not allowed!

Default DesiBlitz asks: Do interracial marriages work?

https://www.desiblitz.com/content/do...marriages-work

Interracial marriages seen as a taboo in the past, today are more common. However, do such marriages really work? And is this a reflection of integration into mainstream British life or is it rebellion by the younger generations no longer wanting to live under the rules of elder generations?

Walking through any of the popular areas in Central London these days, you wouldn’t bat an eye-lid if you saw families or couples with mixed ethnic backgrounds. Although these relationships are widely accepted by our society a quick Google search brings up advice on how to make interracial marriages work, interracial dating sites and forums discussing the pros and cons of these relationships.

There are many articles accessible online with tips on how to get along best if your partner is from another culture. The advice is very similar to general marriage advice, namely respect each other and each other’s right to be different. Sharing similar values is more important than being from the same ethnic group.

The difficulties appear when older generations and family members are entered into the equation. Every parent has expectations of their children, and some fear that marrying someone from a different racial community will take their children away from their own culture.

Anil Patel, 34, of London believes that a lot of the older generation’s negative attitudes are due to a fear that these relationships will cause dilution of their faith, values and religion. Born in the UK to Indian parents, he has had several relationships with women from other cultures. After finishing university his sister decided to move in with her white boyfriend, who her parents knew nothing about at the time.

Anil helped his sister break the news to her parents. “It was really tense in the house. She went upstairs to tell my dad, and was gone ages. I went up to see everything was ok, she was crying and my dad was hugging her.”

His mother had concerns about the relationship, but “everything changed when they met her boyfriend” and the family now get on very well together.

Alex Marsh, 27, of Tunbridge Wells had a similarly positive experience with the family of his British-born Indian wife Jayna. The couple met at university in Manchester and had their first child in March 2011.

Although Alex refused to let Jayna’s parents shave Sophia’s head, which according to Hindu tradition removes undesirable elements from the child’s past lives, he is happy for his child to take part in other aspects of Indian culture. Jayna wants her daughter to grow up knowing some Gujarati, particularly family words such as “Aunty”, and to celebrate Diwali and Holi.

In general, there is a rise in interracial relationships and marriages amongst the British South Asian community. You are seeing such relationships practiced much more openly than the past. Especially, by Brit-Asian women dating non-Asian men. It is now common to see them dating white British men or other nationalities. Also, Brit-Asian men with Afro-Caribbean is also a trend.

Some people are not so accepting of interracial relationships as these examples.

Traditional and orthodox British Asian families would see interracial relationships as something completely unacceptable or a phase, especially, for men dating non-Asian women. Parents in this situation would not expect the relationship to last, and therefore, eventually would expect the man to marry someone from within his own community.

There have been cases where some of British Asian men have even lived away from home, had children with the non-Asian woman, and then some years later decided to leave the relationship and revert back to marrying a woman from their own culture; frequently from abroad, such as India, Pakistan or Bangladesh. A practice not so common in women from the British Asian community.

The rise of extreme right wing political groups, in recent years is a clear indication of extreme attitudes about race and national identity becoming more mainstream.

Online you can find a wide array of forums and discussion groups that support these ideas.

On such a site there is a thread with the title: “Interracial marriage should be banned – reasons for and against.” The user listed three reasons against, namely “Whites are a world minority”, “Race mixing is against Nature”, and “For Christians, race mixing is outlawed in the 10 commandments.” They didn’t make any positive comments about interracial marriage and ended their post with the statement:

“All race mixers are condemned by natural law to be trapped in the body of a mongrel in the ‘afterlife.”

“It is against nature, it is against God, it is against good sense and instinct. That’s why interracial sex is wrong.”

Thankfully other users of the forum unanimously disagreed with the reasons put forward. However, these attitudes are certainly out there, and should not be swept under the carpet.

The only way to change people’s opinions is for them to get to know people from the group they are prejudiced against. Obviously this isn’t easy, especially as many people hold stereotypes and prejudices without realising it.

Older generations may be frightened of their children moving away from the traditions of their homeland, but surely this is a natural part of migration and living in a foreign culture. Is it either fair or realistic to expect people who have grown up in the UK to follow rules dictated by a culture that they haven’t experienced in the same way?

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Typical.. but we Whites are the "racists".

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,779

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    Typical.. but we Whites are the "racists".
    I read these articles in part out of a sense of schadenfreude. Many leftists and even some rightists really underestimate the racism, ethnocentrism, hatreds and identity issues a lot of non-whites have.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    I read these articles in part out of a sense of schadenfreude. Many leftists and even some rightists really underestimate the racism, ethnocentrism, hatreds and identity issues a lot of non-whites have.

I hope that the left will soon realise that they have overplayed their hand a bit.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Son of the Umayyads
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic-Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Kavkazian(Paternal) Iraqi Bedouin(maternal)
    Ancestry
    Adyghea, Urals, Yemen, Syrian Desert
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    New Jersey
    Y-DNA
    T(Adyghean ancestors)
    mtDNA
    J1b(Arabian Bedouin)
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized-Arabid
    Politics
    Arabian peninsula nationalism. Unity our strength division our weakeness
    Hero
    Omar Al-Mukhtar, King Fisal Al-Saud, Queen Mavia, Queen Sheba, Sultan Bin Saif, Abeer Al-Janbai,
    Religion
    Bedouin Animism
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,489
    Given: 13,022

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Non whites can often be more racist than Whites. The leftards are morons.
    My genetic results
    1 50% Azeri_Dagestan +50% BedouinA @ 2.879975

One nation and one destiny

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,888
    Given: 16,895

3 Not allowed!

Why are you so obsessed with this topic tooting

El_Abominacion

2 Not allowed!

It heavily depends on factors such as the age, maturity level, economic status, the number of cultural barriers, ethnicity and the gender of the specified ethnicities. That said, I believe the most successful marriages overall are between White men and Black women despite the inverse being the opposite

This pairing is uncommon, I can't remember the last time I saw one amongst the sea of BMWF mixes. I can say for sure though that there are black women in the middle+ classes who are open to dating men of other races. With the given data this is the pairing with the least divorce rate of all compared to WMWF marriages

The reason for the unpopularity of the WMBF pairing despite the success rate is mostly because a large number of men have an issue with being with a black woman regardless of her culture. Black women are really low on the totem pole in the dating market, I know even black men who actively avoid being with them in LTR. This is an OKcupid study that confirms the general bias

Last Online
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,280
    Given: 9,862

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Abominacion View Post
    I believe the most successful marriages overall are between White men and Black women despite the inverse being the opposite
    I doubt, blacks are not loyal. White-asian relationships are much longer.

El_Abominacion

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I doubt, blacks are not loyal. White-asian relationships are much longer.
    The issue in relationships with East Asians is that when you marry them you marry the whole family, as is the case with South Asians. The biggest complaint non-Asian people in relationships with Asians have is that the family always stick their noses in and best believe if they don't like the spouse they will try their hardest to split them up. They will involve themselves in every aspect of the marriage and will command their son/daughter relentlessly. This is just a result of cultural differences regardless of how well they act with each other on an individual scale and as you can see the divorce rate (especially amongst AMWF) is higher compared to WMWF and WMBF.

I stand by my point that WMBF is a good pairing, I can't see a reason to think otherwise

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by StonyArabia View Post
    Non whites can often be more racist than Whites. The leftards are morons.
    yeah, whites atleast dont take casual racism for granted as in other communities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information