Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Spain vs Portugal (Hypothetical War) Who would win? (Educational)

Galantuomo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    In the capital of an empire that never existed.
    Ethnicity
    Noble'oid Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Campania
    Y-DNA
    Merovingian
    Politics
    Le Droit Divin des Rois.
    Hero
    renaissence12
    Religion
    In God We Trust
    Relationship Status
    Civil Partnership
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,083
    Given: 3,017

1 Not allowed!

jajaja me reí mucho con los últimos dos posteos.

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    Socks and sandals are respectable though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    I don't mind being the dumbest, as long as I am the prettiest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Lo mas interesante e ironico (al menos para un foro como este) es la falta de negros.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildofMud View Post

I never said that. I said only about Basque and Catalonia, but not Galicia. What I said is that there are enough people who have historical ties to Portugal to act as a fifth column. I think it's very plausible.
    Yes, you also named Galicia.

And again, NO, Galicians would not be a 5th column since, I insist, previous wars against Portugal (or against many others, the rival it is not important to discuss what you are exposing: Galicians taking advantage of a war to independize of Spain) already have happened, and they never behaved like such, so cut the crap. Most of Galicians are against the independence of Galicia, and when I say most I mean more than 90%.

And I knew you'd bring up the immigrants, but immigrants count too in this scenario. It doesn't negate my point. Also, as you missed, they don't have to succeed or even be the majority to cause problems. They only have to cause enough agitation in order to cause Spain to fight a war in two, or three fronts.
    What the fuck have the immigrants to do here?? who said anything about immigrants??

And why not? You had Basque independence terrorists and also the recent stink in Catalan. And this scenario is different. This isn't fighting against Napoleon. This would be fighting against a group of people who may have the same thing that the separatists want, an independent country and identity.
    So what you are saying is that the reason of a war with Portugal would be the Spanish wish to conquer it?? lol...
    Well, then yes, probably the Basque, Catalan or whoever separatists would help Portugal... same than those Portuguese that wish an union with Spain would help Spain why dont you talk about them?

France is very prone to invasions, yes. It didn't take all of 200 years to conquer all of it. The last bit was in the NW corner, and certain parts were never really under heavy administration (Basque Country, Galicia, Asturias, etc).
    France???

This was again echoed later on with the invasion of the Moors, who took the interior of what would become Spain quite easily, but faltered once they began to hit the north. It shouldn't be a surprise to you that Portugal managed to free itself 400 years before Spain. It was easier to do because of the topography.
    hahahaha, you are so illiterate that hurts first, Reconquista in Portugal was initiated by Galicians-Leonese, Portugal not even existed at the time, just saying. Second, Reconquista in Portugal ended 400 years before than in Spain (in reality 250 but well, that does not matter for a lost soul like you ) ... because they had not more lands to reconquer! and ask yourself why! topography, she says

This idea, that the Spanish are undisciplined but are the devil in a fight, was echoed by those who both fought with and against them during the Napoleonic Wars. Napoleon thought his acquisition of Spain and Portugal was his greatest mistake.
    Tell me where in that Hitler quote he talks about a lack of cohesion among the Spanish soldiers, as you claimed

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information