• Turkey

15 46.88%
  • Palestinians

1 3.13%
  • Emirated Arab kindogm

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: The most passable menas to Europe?

Banned
    Last Online
    09-03-2020 @ 07:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    siberian in exile
    Ethnicity
    ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post

I understand why you say this, I suppose you are referring to public meals where pork was used to be served ,in medieval times, in order to detect possible false converts, but I think that is something that was done throughout Europe. As for the same method to detect false Muslim converts, it was not used to be done, because the phenomenon of crypto-Islam does not seem to have existed, as if it happened with crypto-Judaism.

I do not think that the current charcuterie tradition of the peninsular pig and the high consumption of sausages have anything to do with it.

But if you think so, you should apply the same theory to the rest of Europe, until not long ago, where they did not have any Muslim at the time, but they were Jews, and in much more proportion than in Spain after 1492.
    Yes this is what I meant, Señor.
    In the southern part of the Iberian peninsula, where Arabs stayed relatively longer, it is not difficult to guess that a resistance culture developed against the Halal administration, which translated itself into putting the emphasis on the differences which the native Latin Catholics had in contrast to the Moorish Muslems, but also the Jews.

In the rest of Europe, you did not have similar sticking to the distinct identity defining traits since Jews were second class people, unlike the Arabs having State control in Iberia. The rise of Jews is a 19th century story with their success in banking, and asking British administration Palestine in counterpart of the loan money.

Anyway, in the end of the day it is not difficult to guess that Spanish identity contains strong anti-Arab elements since it is built upon antagonism which has deep historical roots and is the result of centuries-long resistance not to assimilate.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,627
    Given: 21,630

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kundur View Post
    Yes this is what I meant, Señor.
    In the southern part of the Iberian peninsula, where Arabs stayed relatively longer, it is not difficult to guess that a resistance culture developed against the Halal administration, which translated itself into putting the emphasis on the differences which the native Latin Catholics had in contrast to the Moorish Muslems, but also the Jews.

In the rest of Europe, you did not have similar sticking to the distinct identity defining traits since Jews were second class people, unlike the Arabs having State control in Iberia. The rise of Jews is a 19th century story with their success in banking, and asking British administration Palestine in counterpart of the loan money.

Anyway, in the end of the day it is not difficult to guess that Spanish identity contains strong anti-Arab elements since it is built upon antagonism which has deep historical roots and is the result of centuries-long resistance not to assimilate.
    The consumption of pork products and sausages are not more relevant in the areas that were under Muslim rule longer than in areas where they were less, (or not at all under their rule).

An affirmation like this, defines you more (and how you think and where you inform yourself), than the Spanish reality.

If we don´t eat pork is because we are influenced by muslims, if we eat pork is because we are influenced by muslims. It´s clear that in our past we have been under muslim rule, that's something we already knew, but that an influence after so many centuries of its presence in the Iberian peninsula is precisely that, I doubt it.

And don´t call me Señor, please, that you call me Señor gives the impression that you do it sarcastically. Do you?

Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,451
    Given: 7,900

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    laughing my ass off, right wing northern europeans hate menas 10times more than any south euro.

Some balkaners here even love turks
    You think.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Banned
    Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 09:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    change name to wana please
    Ethnicity
    spanish italian anatolian north african amerindian/chinese
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Turkey iran iraq afghanistan balochistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 147

0 Not allowed!

i would say just south italy and some in greek can look turk or iranian. most turks actually are really light (the darker 20-30% of turkey population is kurd which is an iranian ethnicity.)

Last Online
    11-23-2023 @ 05:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Israeli
    Ancestry
    Ashkenazi+Sepharadic jewish, Slavic (Polish,Ukranian), possibly Iberian, Balkan and Stepp bvlls
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Wales
    Hero
    Planet Earth
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 40

1 Not allowed!

Aimed for Kiete the thread opener (I mistakenly did not use quote):

Also a hole lot of Slavic influence. A foreigner can instantly notice it in many israelis.
    Last edited by CelticForest; 07-28-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-20-2020 @ 12:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Iberian
    Country
    Andorra
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by samario View Post
    I don't get why so many people vote Lebanese but not Palestinians? They are both Levantine peoples. I take it some Israelis are Euro-admixed but not Lebanese, not to the same extent. They cluster really close to Palestinians.

People here don't really know what they are talking about and none of them have met any levantine in their life. They legit think lebanese look south europeans and palestinians looks like egyptians lol reality is that lebanese look Middle eastern and they rarely overlap with europeans.

They lightwash lebanese for political reasons and they do the same with iranians playing on the "indo-european" heritage. Reality is that a random lebanese pass better in yemen or morocco than europe

Banned
    Last Online
    08-24-2022 @ 03:41 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sub-Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Afro-Asiatic
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

MENA women pass better in Europe than men do for some reason I've noticed.

Last Online
    12-14-2022 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Praise the Lord!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 68

0 Not allowed!

No... No No. I would hope to God that none pass in these outside lands. It would be a devastation in my day. Please. I see people of speak of Spain. No never. Simply Celtic, Spanish. We are not even close to other Italian, Greek in look we are Very handsome and light.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information