Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Effects of Vitamin D Supplementation on Muscle Strength in Athletes: A Systematic Review

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,960
    Given: 12,183

5 Not allowed!

Default Effects of Vitamin D Supplementation on Muscle Strength in Athletes: A Systematic Review

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27379960/

Trials lasted from 4 weeks to 6 months and dosages ranged from 600 to 5,000 International Units (IU) per day.
    600 IU vitamin D is unnatural and useless dose though. People should be taking more if they don't spend enough time outside. If you're exposed to sun at 12 o clock completely naked for 30 mins you will get 10-20k IU vitamin D.
    In 2 studies, strength outcome measures were significantly improved after supplementation (p ≤ 0.05). In the other 2 studies administering vitamin D3, there were trends for improved muscle strength. Specifically, improvements in strength ranged from 1.37 to 18.75%. Additional studies are needed to confirm these associations.
    So it's a legal performance enhancing drug and it's healthy too. What are we waiting for?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

There was a chinese study where they tested people's grip strength and the researchers found grip strength correlated with vitamin-d levels in their blood... I may try to find it later.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    There was a chinese study where they tested people's grip strength and the researchers found grip strength correlated with vitamin-d levels in their blood... I may try to find it later.
    Grip strength also indicates good cardiovascular health and even mental health.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKCN1IM1TA

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...h-201505198022

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/20...mental-health/

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

0 Not allowed!

i think no one should take vitamins if they haven't been tested before and know for sure they have a deficiency. even if they have, unless they suffer from some disease that prevents them from assimilating it naturally, i would say it's not a good idea. we can still take the vitamins from our food (sun exposure..etc..). synthesized vitamins can be very harmful. they can either not assimilate the same way or they can feed the wrong cells.
    most people don't need to take vitamin D. it's a very easily obtained vitamin

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    i think no one should take vitamins if they haven't been tested before and know for sure they have a deficiency. even if they have, unless they suffer from some disease that prevents them from assimilating it naturally, i would say it's not a good idea. we can still take the vitamins from our food (sun exposure..etc..). synthesized vitamins can be very harmful. they can either not assimilate the same way or they can feed the wrong cells.
    I disagree with every statement in this post.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    Well, I don't disagree with the second sentence, but I think such health conditions are very rare.

Taking 10k IU vitamin D3 daily causes zero side ffects: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17209171/
    Overdosing vitamins is for the most part medicine lobby's propaganda.
    According to "Official guidelines" daily recommendes dose is 0.6k IU which is ridiculously low and results in deficiency.
    If you have low levels of d vitamin, you should be taking it to raise it to proper levels. If you have good levels you should take it to maintain that level. There's no excuse for not taking it.

One important thing is to note that many other things contribute to proper absorbtion and metabolism of d-vitamin. One should take zinc, boron, magnesium(preferably magnesium citrate), carotene/A-vitamin and vitamin k along with vitamin d. If one takes 5k IU vitamin d he should also take 2k vitamin A/carotene. The A to D ratio is important. If he takes 10k IU vitamin D daily, he should take 3-4k IU vitamin A/carotene.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

0 Not allowed!

At least vitamin d is the most obvious that you need to supplement it. Of course healthy diet is not bad idea either.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-10-2021 @ 03:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    75% Slav, 25% Vlach
    Ethnicity
    50% Ukranian +25% South Polish + 25 Moldovan
    Ancestry
    Ukraine and Moldova
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Alabama
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Gracile Med
    Politics
    What ever suits my level of wealth.
    Hero
    EHG
    Religion
    PALEOISLAMIST
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,992
    Given: 432

0 Not allowed!

She’s right about the first part. I made the same mistake trying to raise my red blood cell count before getting tested. Well turns out my red blood cell count was very high and if I took iron to raise it I might have made my blood wayyy to thick and risked a blood clot. Blood work is necessary.

The second part is kinda untrue unless you work outside or live in a tropical or semi tropical place and go outside enough. People who live in the north and work an office job and barely go outside are for sure not getting enough vitamin d.

But blood work should be first to give you an idea of your level and baseline to see how much a certain dose raises your level.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daos777 View Post
    She’s right about the first part. I made the same mistake trying to raise my red blood cell count before getting tested. Well turns out my red blood cell count was very high and if I took iron to raise it I might have made my blood wayyy to thick and risked a blood clot. Blood work is necessary.

The second part is kinda untrue unless you work outside or live in a tropical or semi tropical place and go outside enough. People who live in the north and work an office job and barely go outside are for sure not getting enough vitamin d.

But blood work should be first to give you an idea of your level and baseline to see how much a certain dose raises your level.
    Yes I replied to her one more time, in the second reply I changed my mind a bit.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daos777 View Post

In the study that I linked in post #6 people took 10k international units every day and experienced zero side effects. 10k IU is 1667% of the officially recommended daily dose(0.6k).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information