Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Xiongnu data indicates the Turkic origin and relativity with Hungarians

Banned
    Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,506
    Given: 1,507

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Turul Karom View Post
    I think the specifically East Asian could be carry-over from the Cumans that had more East Asian admixture than the conquering Hungarians. As seen in the study here, arriving Hungarians and Huns had more Central and Western Asian components. Although I score East Asian DNA, my Central Asian scores are always higher. I have noticed that for calculators that separate East and Central Asian ancestry, Hungarians score more Central Asian and Romanians tend to have more East Asian.

What do you get for lactose intolerance? If I may ask.

I am happy to hear that you are one of the few who seem to understand that there is an implicit attempt to push Turkicness under the carpet in some circles. It is nothing to be ashamed of for Romanians.
    It could come from Cumans or even older waves of migrations. It would be interesting to see how medieval folk from these lands score.
    I used to think that it could come from Tatars, but I manage my family's kits on MyHeritage and a couple others from my connections, and none of them get any kind of Tatar, Central Asian or Turkish matches. So the East Asian/Siberian connection should be really old. Szeklers score the most East Asian/Siberian out of everyone in this region, so maybe it's connected to the source population that mixed with them. But what it proves for certain is that Romanians were pretty much always on these lands and didn't come from Bulgaria or Serbia, as some alternative theories suggest. Otherwise, we wouldn't have this input, just like the people from there.

What are the SNPs for lactose intolerance?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2024 @ 05:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,351
    Given: 4,487

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ShereKhan View Post
    When you enter the madhouse do you sit and listen to what the lunatics babble about?

It's on the left side of the screen, you know in big red letters, you would see it too once you stop perma-squinting your eyes, it ain't making you look more turanic

This legit never happened, it was the magyars who were not considered white but you have nothing to do with magyars except that at some point in time they subdued and forced your european ancestors to learn their language.

Imagine a chinese guy with possibly 1 or 2 european snp's calling himself european, that's how ridiculous you sound. You share 50% of your DNA with bananas that's infinitely more than the 0 NULL NADA you share with turkic people, matter of fact next time you and your hungarian homeboys go to Kurultaj I want you to dress like this
    A Chinese person did not have their civilization founded by Europeans. Having conqueror ancestry (which I and several Hungarians do) makes a difference.

Also, it certainly did happen, as British diplomat Harold Nicholson used it as an excuse to carve up Hungary.

"Reminiscing over Hungary's punishment at the Paris Peace Conference, the British diplomat Harold Nicolson noted: "I confess that I regarded, and still regard,that Turanian tribe with acute distaste. Like their cousins the Turks, they had destroyed much and created nothing." This Allied participant at the Paris Peace Conference did more than just express his unflattering opinion of the Hungarian people. He captured the biased political atmosphere of the international setting in which the historical Hungarian state met its death. (32)"

Source: (32) Borsody, op. cit., pp. 26-27.

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    I don't wanna go deeper into the whiteness thing but I can tell you that white normally does mean European and Muslim West Asians are not seen as white in most circumstances (including themselves). Perhaps some Christian minorities in Northern West Asia may represent a "gray area" but generally the Middle East and North Africa are a whole different thing in popular consciousness.
    You and I have actually had this dialogue before, and you always dodge that point. Clearly Hungarians are seen now as "white" (unless being trolled by people), yet somehow Christian minorities are the only ones who can pass in this magical "grey area" in Anatolia or Western Asia. As though it is a laundry list of behaviors, genetics, and religion that are needed. I hear lots of people say every flavor of Caucasian is white until they're suddenly not. With such inconsistency, do you really wonder why I (or other Hungarians) don't care about being called white or not....

Banned
    Last Online
    08-26-2020 @ 10:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romantic
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 47

0 Not allowed!

A Chinese person did not have their civilization founded by Europeans. Having conqueror ancestry (which I and several Hungarians do) makes a difference.
    You don't have conqueror ancestry, you have conquered ancestry, you are 99% conquered to be precise

Magyars did not found any civilization, they were some illiterate bunch of steppe savages with no culture aside from raiding unguarded villages, like the brit Harold Nicolson you quoted said "they had destroyed much and created nothing".

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ion Basescul View Post
    It could come from Cumans or even older waves of migrations. It would be interesting to see how medieval folk from these lands score.
    I used to think that it could come from Tatars, but I manage my family's kits on MyHeritage and a couple others from my connections, and none of them get any kind of Tatar, Central Asian or Turkish matches. So the East Asian/Siberian connection should be really old. Szeklers score the most East Asian/Siberian out of everyone in this region, so maybe it's connected to the source population that mixed with them. But what it proves for certain is that Romanians were pretty much always on these lands and didn't come from Bulgaria or Serbia, as some alternative theories suggest. Otherwise, we wouldn't have this input, just like the people from there.

What are the SNPs for lactose intolerance?
    Could come from many kinds of arriving Turkic peoples, but Cumans would be my best guess given the foundational legacy of Romania. Maybe some Hungarian that filtered through to the population there today like pachinko machine.

Lactose intolerance is here, if you have the raw data. I have quite an uncommon one in Europeans, apparently. Look for rs4988235 That's how I found mine; I don't have a 23 & me health data, but I posted it as reference for %s:

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Actually, now that I think about this, we do have 2 studies about 14 medieval folk from Romania, which come from Constanta county.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-37760-8#Sec2
    https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...0193578#sec012

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ShereKhan View Post
    You don't have conqueror ancestry, you have conquered ancestry, you are 99% conquered to be precise[/B]

Magyars did not found any civilization, they were some illiterate bunch of steppe savages with no culture aside from raiding unguarded villages, like the brit Harold Nicolson you quoted said "they had destroyed much and created nothing".
    You don't know the %s because you don't read them. I understand that as a sock, your gut is to just troll.

Harold Nicolson said it in the 20th century about the current Hungarian population.

Also, our ancestors were far from illiterate. Our alphabet is derived Old Turkic. Even Western academics agree on this.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Could come from many kinds of arriving Turkic peoples, but Cumans would be my best guess given the foundational legacy of Romania. Maybe some Hungarian that filtered through to the population there today like pachinko machine.

Lactose intolerance is here, if you have the raw data. I have quite an uncommon one in Europeans, apparently. Look for rs4988235 That's how I found mine; I don't have a 23 & me health data, but I posted it as reference for %s:

Hmm, both parents and ergo my brother and I are GG, but we drink milk, kefir, ayran and use raw milk with oats and cereals daily. Not sure how this intolerance is supposed to manifest itself. Maybe the regular milk from the store that we drink is somehow processed to be tolerable.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-26-2020 @ 10:34 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romantic
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 47

0 Not allowed!

You don't know the %s because you don't read them
    You're not fooling anyone,you plot west of Austria, it means you are not even close to being .1% "magyar" *insert random made up turanic term here* "turkic",some pseudo-genetic website like mytrueancestry assigned you 1 or 2 snp's as being shared with magyars (out of hundreds of millions)
    Your european ancestors did not have the same choice as you do today, yet you willingly choose to be servile, you willingly choose to be conquered by an extinct population you have genetically nothing to do.

The moment you prove you're even 0.1% magyar/turkic I'll eat my shoes soles

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Hmm, both parents and ergo my brother and I are GG, but we drink milk, kefir, ayran and use raw milk with oats and cereals daily. Not sure how this intolerance is supposed to manifest itself. Maybe the regular milk from the store that we drink is somehow processed to be tolerable.
    Interesting. Maybe you have trained yourself some how, or you could be drinking a kind of milk that has had the lactose reduced or removed. Regardless, you are all in the same boat as I am of having a relatively uncommon (for Europeans at least) genetic trait regarding dairy. Do you eat it often? I have avoided it for over 10 years now.

The intolerance stems from lactose, so fermenting and other means to remove the lactose will allow those who are otherwise unable to process milk to be able to use the calories without exploding in the process. The same process happens when aging cheese to make it "harder." However, if you eat raw milk, then that will have lots of lactose, so I cannot explain that.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Healthy human being
    Country
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Interesting. Maybe you have trained yourself some how, or you could be drinking a kind of milk that has had the lactose reduced or removed. Regardless, you are all in the same boat as I am of having a relatively uncommon (for Europeans at least) genetic trait regarding dairy. Do you eat it often? I have avoided it for over 10 years now.

The intolerance stems from lactose, so fermenting and other means to remove the lactose will allow those who are otherwise unable to process milk to be able to use the calories without exploding in the process. The same process happens when aging cheese to make it "harder." However, if you eat raw milk, then that will have lots of lactose, so I cannot explain that.
    Perhaps like twice a week. In the morning I always have cold oats/cereals/granola with either water, milk or yogurt for diversity purposes, so that I don't get bored of them. My diet otherwise contains lactose from white cheese, cream and the like, but those are definitely fermented.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information