H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,622
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris596 View Post
    Hey Gixajo, that's pretty cool, at least they predicted Spain and regions too for you In my case they predicted Romania (half of my ancestry is from there) which was a pleasant surprise. No Hungary for some reason but anyway

They said that almost 80% of my ancestry is from Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Russia combined, and I can't deny that, so I think it's true (now also genetically speaking).

Unfortunately they couldn't predict my Y-DNA or mtDNA because there's not enough information in my DNA file for that.
    Did you use 23andme or MH raw data?

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris596 View Post
    Alright I did it. I have to say I'm surprised, but they really need to improve, basically everything is accurate except the Iberian and the over-represented Western European.

I'm not sure what to say. I mean, they detected around 4% Caucasian ancestry again, and around 2% East Asian so I can say that's true. They also detected large amounts of East-Central European and West-East Balkan (which is true again). The Italian can be actually Jewish in my case. Of course in my case it would be surprising if they actually detected even more Western European, when I practically have no ancestry from there.

So far all these companies take a huge sh*t on Myheritage and they all did much better for me the irony

European 93.7%
    Asian 6.3%

Looks pretty good. The Iberian I think is very old EEF related ancestry. NW European may be bronze or iron age related. E Asian Hun or Turkic related

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Halgurd View Post
    In your case, I think it's clear that you have genuine east asian ancestry.
    We also have it for sure, and in a higher amount than him but it’s hidden under our 40-50% Central Asian and N Asian (Siberian) because if you check the references for those components they’re very E Asian admixed

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 11:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic, Slavic, and Romance
    Ethnicity
    Slavic, Germanic, Finnish, and Italian
    Ancestry
    Poland, Finnish, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Germany, Italy, and U.K.
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R-FTA11171
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Yeshua Ha Mashiach
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,139
    Given: 2,862

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    I gave them a chance because usually I appear as crtitic of most of such websites on every forum, so I want to change my mind Anyway I should be critic still... I'm ashamed I wasted money on it. But I tried.

Atlantic Facade!

Damn you. I paid for this garbage.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Slavic Italian View Post
    Damn you. I paid for this garbage.
    That’s not fair because the results posted here especially those who used their newer 23andme V5 data and the 2020 FTDNA & MyHeritage data seem better than results from other companies and Gedmatch.

You probably have older data which only overlaps 150k out of 700k with their chip but I’d still be curious to see your results

Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    English, Italian, Scotch-Irish, North German
    Ethnicity
    European-American Ancestry
    Ancestry
    All over
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 473
    Given: 543

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Too bad you didn’t use your V5 data as accuracy would have been significantly higher reason being that Ancestrydna along with older FTDNA and 23andme V3.V4 use older Illumina OmniExpress array which only has about 150K SNPs overlapping with the new GSA array these people and V5 uses.

The older OmniExpress was good for Europeans but the GSA is good for Europeans Asians and Africans.
    I've been told (by a few people) that Ancestry raw data review was around 150,000 SNPs while 23/me only does around 55.000 SNPs, which is why GEDmatch data is generally better with Ancestry over 23/me and the general results are more accurate.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JerryS. View Post
    I've been told (by a few people) that Ancestry raw data review was around 150,000 SNPs while 23/me only does around 55.000 SNPs, which is why GEDmatch data is generally better with Ancestry over 23/me and the general results are more accurate.
    Gedmatch is one thing and ADNTRO is very different. Gedmatch calculators were designed around Ancestrydna, older 23andme V3/V4, and older FTDNA data, therefore yes you'll get more overlapping SNPs with Gedmatch using your Ancestrydna data which uses the older OmniExpress chip than using your newer 23andme V5 data.

ADNTRO though uses the the newer and better GSA chip that V5 uses so with ADNTRO you'll get 700,000 overlapping SNPs if you use your V5 data but only 150,000 overlapping SNPs if you use Ancestrydna or older 23andme or older FTDNA data.

That's the reason users using V5 data get more accurate results with ADNTRO and you can see that with the 2 related kurdish samples I posted. The one using V5 had more accurate results than the one using V4

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    All over
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Gedmatch is one thing and ADNTRO is very different. Gedmatch calculators were designed around Ancestrydna, older 23andme V3/V4, and older FTDNA data, therefore yes you'll get more overlapping SNPs with Gedmatch using your Ancestrydna data which uses the older OmniExpress chip than using your newer 23andme V5 data.

ADNTRO though uses the the newer and better GSA chip that V5 uses so with ADNTRO you'll get 700,000 overlapping SNPs if you use your V5 data but only 150,000 overlapping SNPs if you use Ancestrydna or older 23andme or older FTDNA data.

That's the reason users using V5 data get more accurate results with ADNTRO and you can see that with the 2 related kurdish samples I posted. The one using V5 had more accurate results than the one using V4
    I'm skeptical because that sort of implies that the new 23 and me data is already gonna reflect what this new company will show. The product than I got from them using the ancestory data looks very similar to the 23 and me data product. If this product works best with 23 and me new data, It would seem to imply that 23 and me is good for nothing except for a raw data file.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    All over
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Just because I Had to scratch that itch I sent in my new 23 and me data. The results are a bit off from what I got using my ancestory data. I'm doing this from my phone so bear with me.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    All over
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Here are some of the ancestory data atta results using this... Again I'm doing this from my phone and I am at work and the uploads don't show a picture so summer to placated I apologize for that but I think this shows how raw data is interpreted differently. They've danced all around with my Northwest European, My Southern European goes from the balkans to Iberia to Italy all over. One shows no African at all-in-one shows 2 separate categories though very minor.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information