Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best country to live?

El_Abominacion

5 Not allowed!

As a serious answer personally either Spain or the US

I've lived in Northern Spain (Santander + Galicia) for 2 years in total, a year straight on a farm in Santander and then for a month every year in Galicia where my family owned property. There is very little crime apart from that done by Gypsies in either region and people are very warm generally. The food is bomb and they give big portions + tapas at every cafe/bar. From what I hear about some cities further down South and East they are super left wing and full of Moroccan criminals so I would not want to live there. Same goes for the tourist spots with drunk British hooligans, no ty

As for the US i'm becoming a citizen next year. I've been twice but i'm not qualified to talk about what it's like to properly live there yet. I will say though that it's got the whole package from what i've seen, ton of opportunity, friendly people, good food etc

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

0 Not allowed!

Zimbabwe.

Ok, in a serious note, I think it's my country. Beautiful landscape everywhere, diverse as well, from snowy mountain peaks of 3,000m in altitude to paradisaical beaches and islands with crystal clear waters.

Ideal climate, even though it can get a bit extreme at times.

Amazing cuisine. I mean, everyone can concur to that.

Great standard of living. Almost everything is in good prices and most foods are fresh. Especially the groceries are fantastic.

Crime is minimal. The only areas in which crime is considerable is the western part of Athens'downtown and one particular northwestern suburb of Athens. The rest of the country is pretty safe. For example, in my neighbourhood, there have been a total of both burglaries and burglary attempts that are counted for four. In a total of 11 years. In the entire neighbourhood. In the suburbs of Athens as a whole, it's like this.

Excellent infrastructure. Especially with motorways, and inside of Athens, the Metro is excellent.

On top of that, when you find a job, you'll live a decent and dare I say, comfortable life.
    Last edited by Zeno; 08-08-2020 at 03:29 PM.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,622
    Given: 21,626

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Abominacion View Post

I've lived in Northern Spain (Santander + Galicia) for 2 years in total, a year straight on a farm in Santander and then for a month every year in Galicia where my family owned property. There is very little crime apart from that done by Gypsies in either region and people are very warm generally. The food is bomb and they give big portions + tapas at every cafe/bar. From what I hear about some cities further down South and East they are super left wing and full of Moroccan criminals so I would not want to live there. Same goes for the tourist spots with drunk British hooligans, no ty

As for the US i'm becoming a citizen next year. I've been twice but i'm not qualified to talk about what it's like to properly live there yet. I will say though that it's got the whole package from what i've seen, ton of opportunity, friendly people, good food etc
    US is an enormous country with many simultaneous realities,sure there are many perfect places to put down roots and usually, the treatment of North Americans is usually quite close, with exceptions, of course.

Where are you exactly in US?

El_Abominacion

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    US is an enormous country with many simultaneous realities,sure there are many perfect places to put down roots and usually, the treatment of North Americans is usually quite close, with exceptions, of course.

Where are you exactly in US?
    Moving to the Las Vegas suburbs. They are actually quite cheap despite what a lot of people think, also many times cheaper than London properties. And yes the country is massive with many different types of people so I would like to explore the rest of it at some point

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Abominacion View Post

Hey boy, I did not know you lived here in past, I see you enjoyed our beautiful country!

Central and Southern Spain is exactly the same than the north, only the weather is different. Gastronomy is equally fantastic and so is the people. Of course every region has its micro-culture.

Not true that in these other parts of Spain there are tons of lefties in opposition to the northern parts, in fact Catalonia, Aragón and Asturias are ruled by lefties (in the case of Catalonia by ultra-lefties). Deserved mention to Vascongadas which is ruled by a plot of liberals, lefties and terrorists.

Moroccan immigrants live mostly in Andalusia... and in Catalonia.
    Agreed that there are more immigrants in South Spain than in the north, with Catalonia and Vascongadas being the exception.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Spain probably is best place in Europe to live (not for me but objectively) overall. I asked some other people too where they think is best for living in Europe considering everything and they said Spain.

El_Abominacion

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Hey boy, I did not know you lived here in past, I see you enjoyed our beautiful country!

Central and Southern Spain is exactly the same than the north, only the weather is different. Gastronomy is equally fantastic and so is the people. Of course every region has its micro-culture.

Not true that in these other parts of Spain there are tons of lefties in opposition to the northern parts, in fact Catalonia, Aragón and Asturias are ruled by lefties (in the case of Catalonia by ultra-lefties). Deserved mention to Vascongadas which is ruled by a plot of liberals, lefties and terrorists.

Moroccan immigrants live mostly in Andalusia... and in Catalonia.
    Agreed that there are more immigrants in South Spain than in the north, with Catalonia and Vascongadas being the exception.
    Thank you mate, I would love to visit more parts of Spain some day especially more rural areas

As well as living in Santander and Santiago De Compostela I went to Vilagarcía de Arousa from time to time which has amazing beaches and scenery also. Very beautiful places. Food was always amazing everywhere

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Spain probably is best place in Europe to live (not for me but objectively) overall. I asked some other people too where they think is best for living in Europe considering everything and they said Spain.
    Quality of life here is really good.
    Pity that they filled Spain with foreigners...

Bender1999

0 Not allowed!

I love Southern Europe, but i never could live there. Just because of the climate, i don’t understand why people like warm climate. But maybe that is the reason for many cultural features like cuisine.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender1999 View Post
    I love Southern Europe, but i never could live there. Just because of the climate, i don’t understand why people like warm climate. But maybe that is the reason for many cultural features like cuisine.
    We could say the same about Northern Europe and its cold climate

Warm climate is an exaggeration of you. Hot weather lasts only 2-3 months per year, the others 9-10 months the weather is from nice to very nice.
    Not sure if you know but we have winters here!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information