Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pakistanis are 93-94% Caucasoid genetically, way more than some MENA/North African people

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 04:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    What are the rest of South Asians? They seem to be 80% Caucasoid on average
    That’s because Dravidians count as an early divided branch of caucasians

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 04:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGaga View Post
    What is 'Caucasoid' and based on what is that made up with or based on?
    I don't even think that chart is accurate.

Otherwise Pakistanis and ethnic Berbers are probably not very different in terms of West Eurasian vs non-West Eurasian ancestry.

However ethnic Berbers descend from Neolithic Iberians at closest to 45% (same Neolithic Anatolian wave as Europeans) and have also significant steppe derived Bronze Age Iberian Bell Beaker ancestry making them much more Mediterranean/European on average.

Pakistanis on other hand are prominently Iranian Neolithic, with some sizable ASSI and some MLBA Steppe.
    Also a difference should be made between Punjabis and Pashtuns. Pashtuns are 25% of Pakistanis and already closer to West Asians and North Africans than Punjabis.

Caucasian is synonymous with west eurasian

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    01-11-2023 @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic Upper Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1 (Mede => Parthian)
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,095
    Given: 1,505

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldNorth View Post
    That’s because Dravidians count as an early divided branch of caucasians
    That is true

But if you pay closer attention to the data. Only the Pashtun and Balochi, Brahui score around 90% West Eurasian. While the Punjabi results are around 75-80%. And the Makrani samples are definitely screwed up and not correct.
    Last edited by Demhat; 11-30-2020 at 06:18 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-07-2021 @ 05:04 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 21

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Demhat View Post
    Yes I know how they look when I watch Balochi music videos they stick out very clearly with their physical features. However the sample Data used in all these spreadsheets of various calculators only shows them as ~5% SSA.

65% Gedrosia and 15% Caucasus. These people definitely don't look like they are on average 80% Caucasus_Gedrosia. And their exotic look definitely doesn't come from the ASI side because their features are distinctly African. Whoever collected the data definitely mislabeled it or had no clue who Makrani really are.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Makr...w=1242&bih=597

Ironically the really exotic/ethnic "Balochi" are always from the Makrani minority. The unadmixed Balochi themselves look pretty Iranic and similar to Pashtuns from their physical features.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGb3v40HhZ8
    Balochi seems to be something like a umbrella term in that region so this is why Makranis are often simply counted among the Baloch.

Ironically when I google Baloch I often come across images like this here labeled as Balochi. While these are clearly Makrani people.
    https://dvqlxo2m2q99q.cloudfront.net...52pYaPCAel.jpg
    Maybe they are taking Makrani as seperate from Siddi? in India Makranis are also those who come from Baluchistan and not the Siddis I am thinking about (though Siddis can also be referred to as Makranis).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makrani_caste

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azbuzz View Post
    Maybe they are taking Makrani as seperate from Siddi? in India Makranis are also those who come from Baluchistan and not the Siddis I am thinking about (though Siddis can also be referred to as Makranis).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makrani_caste
    Makranis are former African "slaves" brought by sailors, that settled in what is modern day Baluchistan. Makranis are connected to Baluchistan but they are not ethnic Baloch as in they are most often still halfway Sub Saharan African by look and most likely DNA. The point is the sample data used in this type of calculations are misleading and most likely not representative. There is no way that they only possess 5% SSA the way they look. Very African.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 08:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 452
    Given: 821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azbuzz View Post
    https://qz.com/india/1487285/an-indi...-headquarters/

Keep crying for us. Caucasian masterrace. Majority of Southern Europeans look just like us. We look nothing like Indians. The whole world is jealous about our fair Caucasian features.
    ^^ I did not understand what you meant by above? Who are you replying to?
    "We look nothing like Indians" - who is "we"?

Last Online
    01-22-2023 @ 10:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,249
    Given: 524

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jattscythian View Post
    If you look at this caucasoid admixture chart

Majority of North Africans are all 76% Caucasoid

Some Gulf Arabs also are low too

Some Turkic types also

I checked the paper and the supplement and I couldn’t find this table. Can you point to the exact part of the paper or supplement you got the table from I’m curious to see if it’s based on qpAdm and what proxies for caucasoid and non they used and which outgroups
    Last edited by Zoro; 11-30-2020 at 08:59 PM.
    Muzh ba staso la tyaro tsakha ra wubaasu

[IMG][/IMG]

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    74.31% W. Eurasian + 11.42% E. Eurasian + 5.42% S. Eurasian + 8.85% Basal Eurasian/African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes I know how they look when I watch Balochi music videos they stick out very clearly with their physical features. However the sample Data used in all these spreadsheets of various calculators only shows them as ~5% SSA.

65% Gedrosia and 15% Caucasus. These people definitely don't look like they are on average 80% Caucasus_Gedrosia. And their exotic look definitely doesn't come from the ASI side because their features are distinctly African. Whoever collected the data definitely mislabeled it or had no clue who Makrani really are.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Makr...w=1242&bih=597

Ironically the really exotic/ethnic "Balochi" are always from the Makrani minority. The unadmixed Balochi themselves look pretty Iranic and similar to Pashtuns from their physical features.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGb3v40HhZ8
    Balochi seems to be something like a umbrella term in that region so this is why Makranis are often simply counted among the Baloch.

Ironically when I google Baloch I often come across images like this here labeled as Balochi. While these are clearly Makrani people.
    https://dvqlxo2m2q99q.cloudfront.net...52pYaPCAel.jpg

Makran seems to be a melting pot of different peoples. You have the fair W Asian types (Baloch) and the Gujarati Indian types and the heavily African admixed. The academic samples of Makrani seem to be based on Baloch living there.

As a side note it’s interesting that Mukriyan was a kurdish emirate in W Iran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokryan

Mokryan also known as Mukriyan, Mukri, Mokri, Mokrī, Mokriyan, was a Kurdish emirate centered at Mahabad ruling areas to the south and west of lake Urmia, for four centuries from the end of the 15th century.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    HV2a (Scythian)
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    Makran seems to be a melting pot of different peoples. You have the fair W Asian types (Baloch) and the Gujarati Indian types and the heavily African admixed. The academic samples of Makrani seem to be based on Baloch living there.
    That was my assumption. And now that makes sense. So indeed those sample are not from the mixed ethnic minority named Makranis but Baloch living there. So why label them as "Makrani" if probably 90% of the samples are from ethnic Baloch? Why divide samples into Baloch, Brahui, Makrani if you are going to use the samples in a mixed way anyways, what's the point if I can't read out the real genetic difference?
    I know that the Makrani are a ethnic minority and even in Makran itself don't build a majority. However Makrani is used like a ethnic term. And seeing 90% West Eurasian data in combination with their unique look can be quite confusing to most people.

As a side note it’s interesting that Mukriyan was a kurdish emirate in W Iran

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokryan
    I know Mukriyan was very famous too. The region of Makran might have the name from this tribe, however in Baluchistan the term Makrani is nowadays used as synonym to mixed people who stem from there. Makran coast as you pointed out is a melting pot similar to some of the southern coastle regions in Hormozgan, South Iran.
    Last edited by Demhat; 11-30-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-Iranian
    Ethnicity
    Kurd
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M25
    mtDNA
    W4
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

That was my assumption. And now that makes sense. So indeed those sample are not from the mixed ethnic minority named Makranis but Baloch living there. So why label them as "Makrani" if probably 90% of the samples are from ethnic Baloch? I know that the Makrani are a ethnic minority and even in Makran itself don't build a majority. However Makrani is used like a ethnic term. And seeing 90% West Eurasian data in combination with their unique look can be quite confusing to most people.

I know Mukriyan was very famous too. The region of Makran might have the name from this tribe, however in Baluchistan the term Makrani is nowadays used as synonym to mixed people who stem from there. Makran coast as you pointed out is a melting pot similar to the coastle regions of Hormozgan in South Iran.
    Mukriyan kurdish empire in W Iran. Sindi kurdish tribe in Iraq on border of Turkey and Kurd sir name for many Baloch in Pakistan....Quite interesting

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information