Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello, im new, but ask me anything?

Banned
    Last Online
    11-29-2020 @ 10:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    25% North English 25% Surrey English 25% Irish 25% Bavarian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Socially and fiscally very liberal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 225
    Given: 309

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsen_ View Post
    Does Canada have the death penalty, and what is your stance on it?
    it has no death penalty.

i was reading through some court documents from england recently, and you can see people got condemned to death for STEALING. now, whether that sentence was actually carried out or not, im not sure, but fascinating insight.

i'm very, very tired of crime and especially repeat offenders. on one hand, people are truly branded for life if they have a criminal conviction - they are seriously handicapped from ever having a decent job in a competitive economy. however that leads to people accepting that they are lifer criminals, they learn how to play the system "oh poor me, im an addict. i have mental problems. i need help" and they will frequently get no, NO actual jail time. nowadays minor crimes like theft are basically not even investigated. criminals know this and steal with impunity.

The only way to stop them is to swing back hard to discipline and full enforcement of the law. anyone actively doing anything unsavoury to a child for example should probably get the death penalty, i dont want them living in our society.

Quote Originally Posted by CordedWhelp View Post
    If one train leaves Brussels at 4pm and one leaves Prague at 7pm, when exactly does each reach the nearest Sicilian nightclub to pass the Greeks?
    i intended to answer this question, but the last part is just over the top. what greeks? not even clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard 2.0 View Post
    How can I start a small business in North Korea?
    you would not be able to unless you are korean, born in north korea. no one complains about asian racism, but even in south korea, you will often just be told "no" by business/govt officials without them asking the status of your visa or anything.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2021 @ 11:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Zeta Reticulan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Copernican Principle
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,346
    Given: 1,328

1 Not allowed!

Who are you?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,385
    Given: 12,862

1 Not allowed!

What if you could travel anywhere, anyway you wanted for a week?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pulstar View Post
    Who are you?
    a being trying to balance understanding, life-enjoyment and making an appropriate impact against some difficult odds.

Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    What if you could travel anywhere, anyway you wanted for a week?
    you said "anywhere, anyway (sic)" so, i will count space as an option. then, i have to consider - what is better? exploring what i already know exists more or less and learning about myself or to travel to places unknown? if i were able to instantly be transported, and survive, i would teleport into other solar systems far away and see how they look. if i couldn't simply say "take me to a planet with sentient beings", i would attempt to collect the existing maps/knowledge of interesting solar systems we have now (could i research this before my alloted week begins?? please??) and be prepared to chart others as i go further and further away from earth. what happens at the end of the week?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,385
    Given: 12,862

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Snyper Lord 666 View Post
    you said "anywhere, anyway (sic)" so, i will count space as an option. then, i have to consider - what is better? exploring what i already know exists more or less and learning about myself or to travel to places unknown? if i were able to instantly be transported, and survive, i would teleport into other solar systems far away and see how they look. if i couldn't simply say "take me to a planet with sentient beings", i would attempt to collect the existing maps/knowledge of interesting solar systems we have now (could i research this before my alloted week begins?? please??) and be prepared to chart others as i go further and further away from earth. what happens at the end of the week?
    Cool, and yes you could do the research before the week begins . And at the end of the week, you will be automatically scheduled to go home somehow, but if you make a valuable discovery during your vacation time then you have a decent chance of being granted a week extension .

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by calxpal View Post
    Cool, and yes you could do the research before the week begins . And at the end of the week, you will be automatically scheduled to go home somehow, but if you make a valuable discovery during your vacation time then you have a decent chance of being granted a week extension .
    i feel our best hope is to get off this rock NO MATTER WHAT.

we have human rights and need to consume entertainment constantly now. but things will get grimmer and more desperate in centuries to come. i think we will make it to other star systems by blasting off one-way only spaceships full of thousands of embryos ready to be grown and hatched upon arrival at potential planets. and a percentage of those ships and humans will survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information