Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,608
    Given: 48,336

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HectorOfTroy View Post
    Exactly, performance is also determined by personal interest and motivation in the test and questions being asked. I've taken these online IQ tests and seeing completley sterile boring things like "what shape goes next" I don't give a rat's ass about. Motivation is probably even less so for an African tribesman who hasn't been brainwashed to believe IQ is the main determinant factor of inner ability. I also think the time limits are kind of crappy, it's too short and some people really do come up with better solutions given more time, while others have a harder time expanding upon an initial solution, thinking speed isn't a 1:1 relationship with thinking depth.
    You have on it elaborated further in a cool way. I do agree with everything you've just said above.

Temporarily suspended for selling nuclear secrets
    Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 12:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    90% French (over 23 Filles du Roi), 6% Spanish, 0.5% Amerindian (Algonquin, Mi'kmaq), NWE
    Country
    United States
    mtDNA
    H4a
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid + Subhumanid + Inbredid
    Hero
    Definitely not Norb's
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 804
    Given: 2,472

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by -Scar- View Post
    There is no such thing as different IQ scores for people with down syndrome on basis of ethnicity.

There is no way a white person with down syndrome would score the same as a South Sudanese or a Pygmy, even in an online IQ test.
    The point was, given two people diagnosed as "retarded" based on their IQ, the one hailing from the higher-IQ ethnic background will be more likely to have additional problems like physical deformities, motor issues, social deficits, etc., while the other will be more likely to be completely normal (apart from their low intelligence).

The example of Down's Syndrome was just borrowed from another post to illustrate. I'm not aware of an ethnicity-aware scale for making such diagnoses, either.

Regarding whether a White person with Down's Syndrome would score higher than a Pygmy on an IQ test: There are probably more scientific ways to test that hypothesis than asserting "no way".

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:26 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,452
    Given: 7,901

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    How exactly are they atrocious? If they are atrocious than how one should perceive the scores of people from Sub-Saharan Africa? By official definition most of people there are intellectually disabled.

Also the OP (Supercomputer) seems to not understand what the IQ tests are - that the average score while taking only one selected population is gonna be 100, what's their purpose and all that. No, European people did not get dumber and neither they're dumber than the average intelligent quotient of the world. IMHO the value of IQ tests is vastly overestimated and the IQ is highly dependent on environmental factors as well as on the results of prolonged education or the lack of it even though it's said that intelligence is intrinsic. You can also learn how to do these tests. Don't forget that there are multiple kinds of intelligence, most people are just familiar with spatial intelligence that can be somewhat measured by matrices provided in IQ tests.

Their primary purpose and use should merely be for psychiatrists working with kids with learning disability etc. to maybe find the reason behind their underperforming at school etc. and not being used as a way to brag or to estimate who of us is smarter or which nation is what by some internet edgelords. Unless it's a gap of like 15 points I'd not make bold and clear-cut statements regarding someone's intelligence as in comparing yourself with someone and for instance calling yourself smarter or telling someone that you're less so just because you scored more points than somebody else on some random-ass test. And some people just do not give a damn about trying to find the fitting answer once it gets more difficult, I remember getting like 10 points more after I decided to spend more time with the same test (aka used almost all time for it so then I got 124, I think I stopped wondering about the correct answers for the more tricky ones like 5 times before my time has ended as I was already bored by it).

There's also a certain degree of cultural bias impacting the results. Should we believe that Khoisan people are dumb as a box of rocks? They can solve well problems relevant to their lifestyle and they do live mostly happy lives in their own environment.
    All of the things you described are the primary reason why we have IQ tests. Their original purpose was to find how children would later on perform at school.

And that's why the questions are, as I repeated in previous replies, purely about pattern recognition, memory and stimuli, aka, raw cognitive abilities, as it's them that anything else in regards to any individual's future academic career or life in general will be based on.

Comparing IQ scores on an individual basis is pointless, but on a national or racial level it matters quite a lot. Because intelligence is the defining trait of humans, and intelligence allows societies to be organised properly. If it lacks in any place around the world, there will be chaos. At this point of time, this is observed to be in Africa, where most of the failed states, aka, the countries where there is almost complete anarchy and the state cannot control anything exist.

I saw, browsing this thread, about chess players, where it's a balanced mix between races. In chess, as in any intellectual or physical activities, there will always be individuals from any nation that will display prowess in a certain activity. But the issue here isn't that. But rather, what the average actually is. That's what over the last decades many people want to see. Because on an individual basis, at least on paper, we can "diagnose" the cognitive abilities of each person even if it's not that much accurate.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Comically Evil Amarnite Svevlad's Avatar
    Last Online
    02-23-2024 @ 12:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkano-Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    J1
    Politics
    Mikkan Meritocracy
    Hero
    John Winthrop
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Lynn shouldn't be trusted because he unironically said that Haitians are on average more intelligent than Guatemalans. This, of course, is literally something only someone fundamentally deranged would dare say.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor12 View Post
    No, north isnt homogenously Turkish. 92 IQ region in Kessaras map is sparsely populated region. You can check the region with Google Earth, its mostly forests and mountains with few big cities. What makes this region 92 IQ is eastern migration. This region has biggest coal mines and iron-steel works in Turkey such as Türkiye Taşkömürü Kurumu, Kardemir and Erdemir. What mines and heavy industry mean? Bingo, a lot of low iq workers. Nearly half of this regions population are from eastern provinces (mainly eastern Black Sea region but also Kurds) and if you add Circassians to this, 92 IQ isnt surprising.

For the rest of the map, keep in mind ALL regions in Turkey have Kurdish and eastern black sea population. (Especially Istanbul)
    Entire Turkey is 73% Turkish and it has a PISA IQ of 91.7. Maybe it would be 1-2 points higher with only ethnic Turks, but it would still be below most of Europe.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tita View Post
    Following globe 13, greeks are almost the same genetically as central italians. https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...ee0502c40786fd

But because Italians have high caucasian admxiture i think north and central Italy are like swiss in Europe, a place where every rich and intelligent people go...
    By the way, georgians have the highest amount of caucacian admxiture and they don't seem to be that clever, they are geographicaly located between chechenians and iranians also...
    Like I said, link doesn't work.

Last Online
    04-25-2024 @ 02:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Moderate member of the Uralic Cluster
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kınık_(tribe)
    Country
    Turkey
    Taxonomy
    Turano-Pontid and slight Carpathid
    Politics
    Unbestechlichkeit
    Religion
    Religions are mass-scale Stockholm syndromes
    Relationship Status
    To impress her it's too damn hard
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,270
    Given: 4,558

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Entire Turkey is 73% Turkish and it has a PISA IQ of 91.7. Maybe it would be 1-2 points higher with only ethnic Turks, but it would still be below most of Europe.
    Im not sure. Consider theres important number of people from 86/87 IQ region moved to west and west can still keep 96/97 IQ, i would expect better if Kurds/Eastern Anatolians/Ciscassians/Caucasians removed because objectively they perform drastically worse than people with high Turkic ancestry. And keep in mind, theres a huge number of Albanians in western Anatolia, mostly originate from Macedonia and Kosovo which have 78 and 81 IQ scores according to your map.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish-Karachay
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Close to Center
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,345
    Given: 3,056

1 Not allowed!

Since the Republic of Turkey recognizes all the people in Turkey as Turkish and many people who are not Turkish claim he is Turkish, we will never know how many ethnic Turks live in Turkey. Islamized Pontic Greeks, Albanians, Georgians, and many other minorities usually claim they are Turkish.

Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 06:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic theism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 105

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    No, they really are not.

If we are to be truly nuanced, PISA tests aren't representative for any ethnicity. Because in my country's case, many of the schools from which a big part of the ~6500 Greek students who participated came from, were from immigrant-majority neighbourhoods in the centre of Athens. Also, for our country, it represents 91% of all 15 yo students, meaning that a 9% was excluded from representation.

Plus, again: in all countries, most students didn't put actual effort, which doesn't reflect their true intelligence. And, only 3 subjects are tested, while IQ tests examine raw cognitive abilities (pattern recognition, memory, processing of stimuli).

Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Exotic Med
    Ethnicity
    Racial Tragedy
    Country
    Peru
    Politics
    Xenelasia
    Religion
    Chinas con Culo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18,486
    Given: 13,199

2 Not allowed!

Don't waste your time, he'll blame kurds for everything: if Turkey's not colonizing space it's because of kurds.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread Information