PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Atrocious European IQ scores - Page 21
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Atrocious European IQ scores

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,263
    Given: 13,622

0 Not allowed!

Reverse Flynn effect happening in Europe bas been noted.

Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 06:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic theism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 188
    Given: 105

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic theism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    Greeks are normally in the 97-104 range. We still are, but immigrants and the last years of emigration of people mostly having tertiary education on sciences have dropped our average. But recently, for the latter, we have seen a lot of Greeks who emigrated abroad coming back permanently.
    IQ tests are not accurate and are culturally influenced. I think it takes up to many hours to estimate the intelligence quotient. This is why Middle Easterns score lower than Europeans.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2021 @ 12:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 762
    Given: 635

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by -Scar- View Post
    IQ tests are not accurate and are culturally influenced. I think it takes up to many hours to estimate the intelligence quotient. This is why Middle Easterns score lower than Europeans.
    Wrong. Most IQ tests are not culturally influenced at all. IQ tests are actually the most reliable intelligence tests that we have today. It has been improved since the year it was created (1905). IQ tests show the same pattern for racial averages around the world, regardless of level of education, environment conditions, or nationality. That happens because IQ is largely genetic (about 70%).

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic theism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDarkAge View Post
    Wrong. Most IQ tests are not culturally influenced at all. IQ tests are actually the most reliable intelligence tests that we have today. It has been improved since the year it was created (1905). IQ tests show the same pattern for racial averages around the world, regardless of level of education, environment conditions, or nationality. That happens because IQ is largely genetic (about 70%).
    Human intelligence is very complex to be estimated with just a test.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iq-scor...e-study-shows/

Middle Eastern people are the same people who produced ancient Egyptians and Phoenicans. And they are the same race as Europeans.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-25-2021 @ 12:39 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 762
    Given: 635

0 Not allowed!

Human intelligence is very complex to be estimated with just a test.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iq-scor...e-study-shows/
    CBS News? Come on, I know you can do better than that. Human intelligence is complex to be estimated accurately by tests, but the IQ tests give us a good notion of averages. Studies conducted around the world show the same pattern of race differences in intelligence. No matter how complex human intelligence can be, the pattern is still there. You can ask me why. It's evolution. The necessity of being smarter to survive in a harsh environment is the main factor of intelligence. Races are unequal, which means one of them would be more intelligent than the others, on average. If you deny that, please explain to me: how can different races who have evolved in different environments be the same when it comes to intelligence? They are not the same when it comes to physical traits, diseases, and behavior. Why would they be equally intelligent then?

Middle Eastern people are the same people who produced ancient Egyptians and Phoenicans. And they are the same race as Europeans.
    Actually, no. Sorry to break it to you, but someone has to do it: Ancient Egyptians and Phoenicians were White. I'm sure you will figure out the same by studying the European origins and migrations around the world. DNA tests have shown several times that the Egyptian elite was European. They were mainly of Mediterranid and Nordid stock. Not much different from the elite in Sumer, the first human civilization ever created.

Whites and Semites are not the same race. Sure, there are many Whites in the Middle East (which is also an indicator of our early migrations around the region), but they are genetically European, not Semite.

Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,451
    Given: 7,900

1 Not allowed!

The usual garbage spiel about "muh cultural bias"...

I've taken IQ tests, even on the internet. They barely have any questions about history or culture. If they have, they ask you about ALL of global history and ALL of the cultures out there.

They mainly concentrate on comprehension of reading, of patterns and of mathematics. How's that biased?
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic theism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDarkAge View Post
    CBS News? Come on, I know you can do better than that. Human intelligence is complex to be estimated accurately by tests, but the IQ tests give us a good notion of averages. Studies conducted around the world show the same pattern of race differences in intelligence. No matter how complex human intelligence can be, the pattern is still there. You can ask me why. It's evolution. The necessity of being smarter to survive in a harsh environment is the main factor of intelligence. Races are unequal, which means one of them would be more intelligent than the others, on average. If you deny that, please explain to me: how can different races who have evolved in different environments be the same when it comes to intelligence? They are not the same when it comes to physical traits, diseases, and behavior. Why would they be equally intelligent then?
    Yes intelligence is largely genetic, but the differences are also caused by cultural influences. As the more developed countries have a better education level and therefore it's people are more likely to explore the length of their intelligence. There is strong correlation between IQ and education level in the results. I agree that White People are on average probably smarter (when it comes to IQ) than Australian Aborigines, but it also influnced by the fact that European are more well trained. (historically) So the distance might decrease, even though it is still there.
    But between Arabs and Europeans? I think it mostly cultural.

Actually, no. Sorry to break it to you, but someone has to do it: Ancient Egyptians and Phoenicians were White. I'm sure you will figure out the same by studying the European origins and migrations around the world. DNA tests have shown several times that the Egyptian elite was European. They were mainly of Mediterranid and Nordid stock. Not much different from the elite in Sumer, the first human civilization ever created.

Whites and Semites are not the same race. Sure, there are many Whites in the Middle East (which is also an indicator of our early migrations around the region), but they are genetically European, not Semite.
    There is for example: European group A which is closer to a Middle Eastern population than European group B. There is less genetic diversity between you and a Palestinian than there is between 2 different tribes of Africa.
    Besides we do have genetic data from ancient Egypt and Canaaites and they were of Northern African and Middle Eastern ancestry. Closests population to Ancient Egyptians in the present day are the Copts.
    And how did Nordid People migration from central/northern Europe to ancient Egypt in 2000 BC? With airplanes?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic theism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
    The usual garbage spiel about "muh cultural bias"...

I've taken IQ tests, even on the internet. They barely have any questions about history or culture. If they have, they ask you about ALL of global history and ALL of the cultures out there.

They mainly concentrate on comprehension of reading, of patterns and of mathematics. How's that biased?
    People who live in poor countries are more weakly trained in fields like Mathematics which contributes to IQ scores.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up