Thread: Neil Oliver: There is a pervasive atmosphere in Scotland of people being frightened into silence

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,728
    Given: 61,131

0 Not allowed!

Default Neil Oliver: There is a pervasive atmosphere in Scotland of people being frightened into silence

Historian Neil Oliver has joined criticism of the Scottish government’s proposed Hate Crime Bill over its feared impact on freedom of speech. Speaking with talkRADIO’s Mike Graham, the broadcaster said: “Up here there is a pervasive atmosphere of people being frightened into silence. “You can argue until you’re blue in the face about whether that is the intention or not of the proposed legislation but it is undeniable that that is the way in which it is being received here in many quarters.” If passed, the legislation would update the list of characteristics, such as race, sexuality and age, protected under hate crimes and provide for new “stirring up” of hatred offences that would apply to all characteristics.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-14-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British isles
    Ancestry
    England, Ireland and Wales.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Somerset
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,643
    Given: 2,009

1 Not allowed!

Neil Oliver is pretty spot on with things, this hate crime bill is odd tbh, don't forget Humza Yousef is the name of the Scottish Nationalist that is pushing this through..

Last Online
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Insular Celt
    Country
    Scotland
    Region
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21+ L1065+
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1e
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,129
    Given: 1,234

0 Not allowed!

I live in Scotland, and there is absolutely no pervasive atmosphere of people being frightened into silence, Neil Oliver is a bit of a unionist wanker to be honest and is just using emotive language as a stick to beat the nationalists with as he is a die-hard Unionist, he doesn't have many fans in Scotland after describing those supporting independence as cancer, and recently had to resign as chairman of the national trust Scotland as a lot of people were resigning in protest at them appointing him and are now in serious financial trouble as a result. As for the hate crime bill, there are many in the SNP that are against it too, I will be surprised if it goes through, unfortunately, the SNP keep shooting themselves in the foot with silly stuff like this and the GRA bill, this stuff can be debated after independence which has never been closer with 55% of Scots now wanting independence.

I think when you post things like this online take it with a pinch of salt and find out more about the political leanings of the people saying it, as this is nothing to do with the bill and everything to do with the constitution, basically, everything is weaponised by the Unionists in Scotland at the moment, they think if they throw enough shit at least some will stick.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,753
    Given: 5,855

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albannach View Post
    I live in Scotland, and there is absolutely no pervasive atmosphere of people being frightened into silence, Neil Oliver is a bit of a unionist wanker to be honest and is just using emotive language as a stick to beat the nationalists with as he is a die-hard Unionist, he doesn't have many fans in Scotland after describing those supporting independence as cancer, and recently had to resign as chairman of the national trust Scotland as a lot of people were resigning in protest at them appointing him and are now in serious financial trouble as a result. As for the hate crime bill, there are many in the SNP that are against it too, I will be surprised if it goes through, unfortunately, the SNP keep shooting themselves in the foot with silly stuff like this and the GRA bill, this stuff can be debated after independence which has never been closer with 55% of Scots now wanting independence.

I think when you post things like this online take it with a pinch of salt and find out more about the political leanings of the people saying it, as this is nothing to do with the bill and everything to do with the constitution, basically, everything is weaponised by the Unionists in Scotland at the moment, they think if they throw enough shit at least some will stick.

When the SNP get majorities the errors do slip in. I hope people do not give them both votes. I think we need to stop the bad bills getting through.

Keep the Unionists out though.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Insular Celt
    Country
    Scotland
    Region
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21+ L1065+
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1e
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,129
    Given: 1,234

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    When the SNP get majorities the errors do slip in. I hope people do not give them both votes. I think we need to stop the bad bills getting through.

Keep the Unionists out though.
    I agree, I would like to see a new indy party formed and put themselves forward on the list, we need a more centrist indy party to keep the wokerati that have taken over the the SNP in check, and it also has the possibility of wiping out a hell of a lot of unionist list seats too, so a win win situation in my opinion

Thread Information