Thread: Why Turkey is not Europe?

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender1999 View Post
    No one, neither Turkey, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Iran or whatever is bad. And i don’t need an explanation to know that no one of them are devilish. They all have nearly the same culture and attitudes...
    Look Man! I was pointing out a technical misconception from the user, Windstorm, because he tried to say that Turkey needs to improve its relationship with Azerbaijan; so, I corrected him, and explained that most people in Turkey and Azerbaijan see themselves as 2 Countries and 1 People. Having explained that Turkey and Azerbaijan are pals, I was candid about it, and pointed out that there's a lot wrong with Azerbaijan. Then, you jumped in there and attacked me. Fine, I can see that you're a Turkic Member here, with a German Flag, so I'm not too surprised about your hostility.

Bender1999

0 Not allowed!

And my point was, regardless of that it is off topic, Azerbaijan is not the problem and actually doesn’t try to „ do awful things “ (and never did) to Armenia. There is a conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan, and i openly admit i am pro Azerbaijan. Nevertheless i don’t try to demonize Armenia or what ever. It is a general problem in this forum.

Banned Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    SW European
    Ethnicity
    Indigenous
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Hero
    Sinuhé
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,627
    Given: 21,630

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    Well every change brings a mountain of shit.

How do you think that Pagans felt when Constantine proclaimed new Religion, or when Justinian burned down hundreds of temples.

From that standpoint WE were much more tolerant and we built churches and we maintained Ecumenical Patriarchate because we know
    how difficult is to follow the change.

Also it is our right to do whatever we see as appropriate in Balkans and Anatolia which traditionally Byzantine territory and community out of which we emerged.

It was hard for Orthodoxes to become minority but that's the way of life.
    So be consistent, convert to Christianity, the religion of your ancestors, and work for the creation of a new, strong and great Greece, and convince those 40 million Greek Turks who are now Muslims to be part of a new Greek rebirth.

We could make a parallel between the current situation between Greeks and Turks, with the situation on the Iberian Peninsula 800 years ago. The Greeks are the Christians, and the Turks are a mixture of Spanish-Roman-Visigoths assimilated and converted to Islam, who have believed the story of their invaders, and who have to remove the blindfold that prevents them from seeing who they really are.

All of this, which may seem like an absurd and meaningless digression, may deep down make more sense than it appears to have.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender1999 View Post
    And my point was, regardless of that it is off topic, Azerbaijan is not the problem and actually doesn’t try to „ do awful things “ (and never did) to Armenia. There is a conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan, and i openly admit i am pro Azerbaijan. Nevertheless i don’t try to demonize Armenia or what ever. It is a general problem in this forum.
    We can agree to disagree. I could say a lot more and post references, and videos; but, your viewpoint is cemented (against Armenia) no less so than is mine (against Azerbaijan). You making a declaration that Azerbaijan "is not the problem and actually doesn't try to do awful things" announcing that on your bullhorn doesn't make it true. Sporting the German Flag means little, because you're self declared as Turkic. And, the Pan-Turkish alliance between Turkey and Azerbaijan is no secret, your sources surely spin it against Armenia. I know what i'm talking about though, and I have a great deal more experience with this matter, so pipe down.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

3 Not allowed!

The Bosporus and Dardanelles make a good geographical, cultural, and genetic boundary. And Anatolia's history unfortunately diverged from the rest of Europe's many centuries ago and never reconverged.

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

1 Not allowed!

Majority of Turkish area lies outside Europe - as simple as that.
    Yet, Turks are nicer, more civilized people and ones more connected to Europe than Uralo-Gypsies with 100 accounts (the most recent of them being Travv) on TA will ever be. Those who support the latter must have gone out of their mind.
    After not shaving for a while:

Banned
    Last Online
    11-22-2021 @ 07:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Edgelord
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 128

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Autrigón View Post
    What is the criteria to be European?

Phenotype? a good amount of turkish could pass in southern europe, in balkan countries and even some of them in central Europe.

Geography? A portion of the turkish territory is on the european continent.

Religion? some balkan countries are muslim but they are considered Europe.

History? a historical enemy of some European countries? Well most of the european countries have been killing each other during centuries.

Think about this tonight before going bed...Why Turkey is not Europe?...
    Typical Moorberian supporting his fellow Muslim Anatolian brethren.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixajo View Post
    So be consistent, convert to Christianity, the religion of your ancestors, and work for the creation of a new, strong and great Greece, and convince those 40 million Greek Turks who are now Muslims to be part of a new Greek rebirth.

We could make a parallel between the current situation between Greeks and Turks, with the situation on the Iberian Peninsula 800 years ago. The Greeks are the Christians, and the Turks are a mixture of Spanish-Roman-Visigoths assimilated and converted to Islam, who have believed the story of their invaders, and who have to remove the blindfold that prevents them from seeing who they really are.

All of this, which may seem like an absurd and meaningless digression, may deep down make more sense than it appears to have.
    Partially true. Moors of spain were for the most part north africans, some of them even SSA. And Turks are genetically too central asian to be "assimilated Greeks", let alone that anatolians themselves were originally Greeks only in coastal areas

But you should know whom you are talking to: Bosniensis, the most clinical case of the entire forum

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    The Bosporus and Dardanelles make a good geographical, cultural, and genetic boundary. And Anatolia's history unfortunately diverged from the rest of Europe's many centuries ago and never reconverged.
    The cultural/genetic border is maritsa/evros river. East of this river is where the islamic world and west asia (not in a geographical but in an ethnocultural sense) starts

Senior Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    @
    Ancestry
    @
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 873
    Given: 394

1 Not allowed!

I must say I'm very ignorant about Turkey but I don't see them completely as one or another, Turkey is what it geographically is: a bridge between europe and west asia.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information