City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,106
    Given: 58,881

2 Not allowed!

My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

“The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Galantuomo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    In the capital of an empire that never existed.
    Ethnicity
    Noble'oid Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Campania
    Y-DNA
    Merovingian
    Politics
    Le Droit Divin des Rois.
    Hero
    renaissence12
    Religion
    In God We Trust
    Relationship Status
    Civil Partnership
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,083
    Given: 3,017

0 Not allowed!

Saint Moses

Moses, Hebrew Moshe, (flourished 14th–13th century BCE), Hebrew prophet, teacher, and leader who, in the 13th century BCE (before the Common Era, or BC), delivered his people from Egyptian slavery. In the Covenant ceremony at Mt. Sinai, where the Ten Commandments were promulgated, he founded the religious community known as Israel. As the interpreter of these Covenant stipulations, he was the organizer of the community’s religious and civil traditions. In the Judaic tradition, he is revered as the greatest prophet and teacher, and Judaism has sometimes loosely been called Mosaism, or the Mosaic faith, in Western Christendom. His influence continues to be felt in the religious life, moral concerns, and social ethics of Western civilization, and therein lies his undying significance.

Moses is honoured among Jews today as the "lawgiver of Israel", and he delivers several sets of laws in the course of the four books. The first is the Covenant Code (Exodus 20:19–23:33), the terms of the covenant which God offers to the Israelites at biblical Mount Sinai. Embedded in the covenant are the Decalogue (the Ten Commandments, Exodus 20:1–17) and the Book of the Covenant (Exodus 20:22–23:19).[37] The entire Book of Leviticus constitutes a second body of law, the Book of Numbers begins with yet another set, and the Book of Deuteronomy another.

Moses has traditionally been regarded as the author of those four books and the Book of Genesis, which together comprise the Torah, the first section of the Hebrew Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    Socks and sandals are respectable though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    I don't mind being the dumbest, as long as I am the prettiest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Lo mas interesante e ironico (al menos para un foro como este) es la falta de negros.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-20-2021 @ 05:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    British
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    Norway
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricised Hallstatt + CM
    Politics
    Radical Veganism
    Hero
    Jive, Varg, Thor
    Religion
    Germanic Paganism
    Relationship Status
    In a civil union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 44

1 Not allowed!

I don't follow a middle eastern tribal religion.

Galantuomo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Noble'oid Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Campania
    Y-DNA
    Merovingian
    Politics
    Le Droit Divin des Rois.
    Hero
    renaissence12
    Religion
    In God We Trust
    Relationship Status
    Civil Partnership
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Mother Teresa

“By blood, I am Albanian. By citizenship, an Indian. By faith, I am a Catholic nun. As to my

calling, I belong to the world. As to my heart, I belong entirely to the Heart of Jesus.”

Small of stature, rock like in faith, Mother Teresa of Calcutta was entrusted with the mission of

proclaiming God’s thirsting love for humanity, especially for the poorest of the poor. “God

still loves the world and He sends you and me to be His love and His compassion to the

poor.” She was a soul filled with the light of Christ, on fire with love for Him and burning with

one desire: “to quench His thirst for love and for souls.”

Nun and missionary Mother Teresa, known in the Catholic church as Saint Teresa of Calcutta, devoted her life to caring for the sick and poor. Born in Macedonia to parents of Albanian-descent and having taught in India for 17 years, Mother Teresa experienced her "call within a call" in 1946. Her order established a hospice; centers for the blind, aged and disabled; and a leper colony.

In 1979, Mother Teresa received the Nobel Peace Prize for her humanitarian work. She died in September 1997 and was beatified in October 2003. In December 2015, Pope Francis recognized a second miracle attributed to Mother Teresa, clearing the way for her to be canonized on September 4, 2016.

Lo mas interesante e ironico (al menos para un foro como este) es la falta de negros.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

For Austrian time Im always one day late though. Yesterday in Austria it was St.Mother Theresa. But for America I think im right. It is still Saturday in America I think.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Your Cuddly Choco Bear
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

✝�� Saint of the Day ���� "Peace of heart - without it, no good can make us happy. With it, every trial, even the approach of death, can be borne." -Bl. Frédéric Ozanam

Galantuomo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Noble'oid Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Campania
    Y-DNA
    Merovingian
    Politics
    Le Droit Divin des Rois.
    Hero
    renaissence12
    Religion
    In God We Trust
    Relationship Status
    Civil Partnership
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Pope Sergius I (c. 650 – 8 September 701) was the bishop of Rome from 15 December 687, to his death. He was elected at a time when two rivals, Paschal and Theodore, were locked in dispute about which of them should become pope. His papacy was dominated by his response to the Quinisext Council, the canons of which he steadfastly refused to accept. Thereupon Emperor Justinian II ordered Sergius' arrest, but the Roman people and the Italian militia of the exarch of Ravenna refused to allow the exarch to bring Sergius to Constantinople.

Sergius I came from an Antiochene Syrian family which had settled at Palermo in Sicily. Sergius left Sicily and arrived in Rome during the pontificate of Adeodatus II. He may have been among the many Sicilian clergy in Rome due to the Caliphate's attacks on Sicily in the mid-7th century.[1] Pope Leo II, ordained him cardinal-priest of Santa Susanna on 27 June 683, and he rose through the ranks of the clergy. He remained cardinal-priest of Santa Susanna until he was selected to become pope.

Galantuomo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Noble'oid Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Campania
    Y-DNA
    Merovingian
    Politics
    Le Droit Divin des Rois.
    Hero
    renaissence12
    Religion
    In God We Trust
    Relationship Status
    Civil Partnership
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

ST. PETER CLAVER

Peter Claver was born into a devout Catholic farming family in Spain. He attending the University of Barcelona and it was there that he first met the Jesuits. He joined the order at the age of 20. During his studies as a novice, he was encouraged by Alphonsus Rodriguez, an older lay Jesuit brother, to take his ministry to the “New World.” Spain had been involved in the slave trafficking there for nearly a century. Claver arrived in Cartagena, a port city in present-day Colombia, in 1610. He continued his studies there and was ordained a Jesuit priest in Cartagena in 1615.

In Cartagena, Claver witnessed the cruelty of the slave trade. Moved by the suffering of the slaves, he chose to bring both bodily and spiritual aid to the slaves. He would meet the slave ships in the harbor and board them to care for the terrified men, women and children. His first priority was to tend to the sick, and to baptize those in immediate danger of death.

Painting of Saint Peter Claver praying while holding a crucifixClaver would also travel the countryside from plantation to plantation, visiting the slaves and tending to both their physical and spiritual needs. He explained that “We must speak to them with our hands before we try to speak to them with our lips.” When he did speak about Jesus, he often used pictorial representations of biblical stories to compensate for the language barrier.

Claver baptized and taught the faith to more than 300,000 slaves during his forty years in Colombia. Even while he was still alive, there were several miraculous occurrences attributed to him, including healing the sick with the touch of his cloak and being surrounded by a supernatural light during his hospital visits.

Claver suffered from poor health for a number of years and he died on September 8, 1654. He was canonized in 1888 by Leo XIII, along with Alphonsus Rodrigues, the Jesuit brother who had inspired him to go to the “New World.”

Saint Peter Claver is the patron saint of African Americans, slaves, African missions, Colombia, comedians, communication workers, interracial justice, and seafarers. His feast day is September 9th, and in Colombia, it is also a National Day of Human Rights in his honor. Saint Peter Claver is also the inspiration for the Knights of Peter Claver, the largest historically African-American Catholic lay organization in the United States.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information