My Parents
    Religion
    Serbian Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 411
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    Why do Serbs want to make enemies out of us? Posting such crap is sure to do so. Keep it up.
    That's not my nor our goal. With this thread, I want to point out your true origin. And therefore, if you turned to the right origin, we would be very close nations, like Germany and Austria. We don't want you to start declaring yourself as a Serb and start learning the Serbian language, no. If you want to remain Macedonians, remain, but be aware that you are very close to the Serbs. When I see that someone whose ancestor was a Serb, and to whom the ONA Albanians terrorized the country in 2001 and 2015, is proud of the Ustashas and supports Kosovo as an independent state, he is not doing it because he wants to, but to annoy the Serbs.
    That is why i made this thread.

Serbs were the most numerous people in the former Yugoslavia. That bothered Tito and his communists, so he decided to make his country "Equal" according to ethnic structures. By making Montenegrins and Macedonians.

Look at this, the former Montenegrins who were a bastion of Serbs, and who always called themselves "The Best Serbs", have today become the greatest Ustashas.
    It's the similar with Macedonians ..

The greatest weakness of Serbs as a people is that they forget about their peoples just because others want to.

Someone is trying to present us in the world as retards who will call every nation Serbian, but that is not the truth. Why don't we call Slovenes Serbs? Why not Hungarians? Why not the Greeks? We just want what belongs to us, to return to its roots, and if that is so difficult, let it remain as it is, just let it be aware of its origin ...

This thread is intended to spread the truth, and reminds of some important things from the past, not to spread hatred, who understood it in that way, means that he must leave this thread immediately.

I would like from you to read this, carefuly read these two statements.

"... Until the founding of the Bulgarian Exarchate and the creation of San Stefano Bulgaria, the people in Macedonia, in the vast majority, almost entirely felt and considered themselves as Serbs. Slava was celebrated by all; not a Imendan or anything else, but Slava. The schools, if there were any until 1870, were all Serbian, and it is probable that no Bulgarian school existed at that time. For this I will cite one true case from my life: In Thessaloniki, in 1905, lived a very wealthy merchant and influential man, a Bulgarian, Hadzi Mishev. He was born in Veles. He came to my father's house and maintained very friendly relations with him. I was a little over ten years old at the time, but like all children at the time of the awakening of nationalism in Macedonia, we also conducted propaganda, some of us for the Serbian and some for the Bulgarian people. One day, when Grandpa Mishev, as I called him, was talking to my father about Serbs and Bulgarians, i got into a serious conversation with older people, because Grandpa Mišev loved me very much, with the question: Grandpa, tell me, what are you, a Serb or a Bulgarian? My grandfather Mishev thought deeply, so he turned to my father, while I watched him with childlike innocence. What should I tell this child, sir? I was in the delegation of Veles immediately after the end of the second Serbian-Turkish war in 1878. We went to Belgrade, because we were Serbs, we celebrated the Slava, and we prayed to be given a teacher whom we will pay, and to give us books that we will also pay for. We were received by Jovan Ristic, the then Prime Minister of Serbia, and he said: Brothers, we have come out of two difficult wars and Serbia cannot give you anything today. Go to Sofia, because the Russians give the Bulgarians everything they need and you will get everything there. And for us, it doesn't matter whether there will be a Serbian or a Bulgarian school in Veles, because we are brothers and one. And following the instructions of the most competent Serb, we went to Sofia, where we immediately got a teacher and books, all for free. And of course, the Bulgarian teacher and the book in Bulgarian. And so a Bulgarian school was opened in Veles. And is it a miracle today that my son finished that school and that today he is the head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bulgaria. What can I say to this child now, sir, am I a Serb or a Bulgarian ...? "(Jakov V. Ljotic, The Future of Macedonia, Iskra, 15 Munich, 1967, p. 3).

Let's see how until recently the Serbian Mijaci sang their favorite song:

"Мoрe, Дунавe мoрe!

Мoрe бeли Вардарe!

Вo српска зeмља,

Стара старoставна!"

And Brsjaci again:

"Вo свeта Пeћ, вo српска зeмља,

Српска зeмља та Макeдoниjа..."

"... Let this population be infected with hatred such as the proselytizing hatred of our Muslim brothers towards everything that is Serbian, and yet, they would be a Serbs, as are the others. However, there is no such thing, on the contrary, in addition to all the above, we said that the people's awareness of the community of Serbian origin lives in Macedonia. Cemović further says: "We are referring to the seventy-five-year-old Micko Božinović from Bitola's Topolčani. We refer to him because he confirmed to us with his naive rural philosophy everything we have heard and seen in this province and that he is considered the sage of his village, even though he is illiterate. Let's listen to him. According to Grandpa Micko, there is only one pure and true faith on earth, the Orthodox faith. All other faiths are faiths of the spirit of devil pride. The guardian of the pure Orthodox faith is the Greek Patriarchate (he is a patriarch). By God's order, she instructed the Thessalonian brothers, Cyril and Methodius, to translate the holy books into Slavic. Only she, the Patriarchate (Ecumenical, ed. M. R.), is the guardian of true Slavic Orthodoxy. The spirit of pride, the devil did not let some Slavs rest. We don't want the Greek Church! We want our Slavic Church! they said and created the Slavic (Bulgarian, ed. M.R.R.) Exarchate. All Orthodox Christians are brothers, they are all one. One is the same Greek, Slavic, Romanian, only when they are Orthodox. There is little difference between them. We Poljani (old man's tribe) love all domestic cattle, but sheeps are our favorite. Among the Orthodox peoples, for us, the Slavs are like the sheep in the trlu (toru), i.e. dearest. I like the Bulgarian more than the Russians. How can I embrace one brother over another; Bulgarians are our neighbors. They have been here (in Macedonia) recently, they were not there in the old days. Serbs have always been, my ancestors were the same as King Marko, they were Serbs: We are one with the Serbs ... "(Marko P. Cemović, Macedonian issue and Macedonians, Belgrade, 1913, p. 36), concluding the quote old man Cemović adds that these views are old people's views, the views of the masses.

If you readed i would like to hear what will you say on that. There is no need here for our members to quarrel and to write nonsense things.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2021 @ 11:31 AM
    Ethnicity
    Zeta Reticulan
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Copernican Principle
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,346
    Given: 1,328

0 Not allowed!

Serbia needs to fix Serbia first, then it can worry for others. As long as crime rate goes up, corruption goes up, illegitimate judiciary decision, political monopoly and reckless behaviour towards each other (all in Serbia) is unsolved, Serbia can't tell others what to do (or at least there wont be anyone to listen to it).

Banned
    Last Online
    11-29-2020 @ 12:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Republika Srpska
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Borreby
    Hero
    My Parents
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What I will say now should be known by every Macedonian and Serb when dealing with the Bulgarian rats.

Let's get started.

Your Historicians and Nationalists say how the Macedonian language is Bulgarian, and how they are Bulgarians. And in fact they should be saying that to you. Your nation came from the Crimea and assimilated the Slavs, but which Slavs? Not the Croats nor Slovenes for sure, but Serbian Slavs, so you are not the Bulgarians who had an empire here, but a part of our people that we should now take under our control, that we should now declare as Macedonians and Serbs. Isn't it?

What language do you have? You took the language from us, you have no language of your own. In order for a Bulgarian language to really be called Bulgarian, it must have 30% of the words of its original Bulgarian language. This language you speak is the Old Serbian Slavic language used by the Serbs before Vuk Karadzic changed the language. Your real language is used by your people in Crimea, so instead of Macedonians, try to connect them with your people, believe me, you will succeed. And Macedonians, leave them alone, because they are white, both in terms of culture, genotype and phenotype.

You managed to portray Macedonians as "your Austrians" with propaganda and with words like "Montenegrins are Serbs as much as Macedonians are Bulgarians".

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,163
    Given: 58,938

0 Not allowed!

One thing is certain all the balkan slavs have common related origins I can not comment beyond that
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    "For wise and good men always feel disinclined to hurt those that are of much less strength than themselves"
    "Truth and Virtue do not necessarily belong to wealth and Power and distinctions of big mansions"
    "To abuse and insult, is inconsistent with reason and justice"
    - The Prophet of Indian Nationalism Raja Ram Mohan Roy

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Republika Srpska
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Borreby
    Hero
    My Parents
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Many, since they were neither Bulgarians nor Greeks, disappointed in both of them, and not receiving the necessary moral or even less material help from Serbia, wandered to the extreme, and became Macedonians. Of course, they were supported and sometimes rewarded by Russian or Austro-Hungarian agents for this commitment. Also, their commitment to Macedonia did not initially have any national characteristics. This was an exclusively political and regional commitment. Only later, this developed into a national concept in order to reach the scale it has today.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-13-2023 @ 10:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Australia
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterrean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 846

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pulstar View Post
    Serbia needs to fix Serbia first, then it can worry for others. As long as crime rate goes up, corruption goes up, illegitimate judiciary decision, political monopoly and reckless behaviour towards each other (all in Serbia) is unsolved, Serbia can't tell others what to do (or at least there wont be anyone to listen to it).
    Your right!

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Republika Srpska
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Borreby
    Hero
    My Parents
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Serbian children in the vicinity of Tetovo.
    The picture was taken in the 1930s, 20th century.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Republika Srpska
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Borreby
    Hero
    My Parents
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

A Survey Of Documentary Sources That Contains The Serbian Ethnic Name in Macedonia

1) In the year 680 in Bythinia, city of Gordoservon is mentioned whose name is derived from the Serbs resettled in Asia Minor by Byzantine Emperor Constance II from the areas around river Vardar. Isidor,the Episcop of Gordoservon is mentioned in 680/681 and the fact that this town was Episcopal Center gives ground to the thesis that it had large Serbian population. Around year 1200 this city is mentioned as Servochoria (Serbian Habitation).

Constantin Porfyrogenitus "De administrando imperio"

Erdeljanovich.J. "O naseljavanju Slovena u Maloj Aziji i Siriji od VII do X veka" Glasnik geografskog drushtva vol. VI 1921 pp.189

Lequen,M. "Oriens Christianus" I, 1740, pp.659-660

Micotky,J."Otiorum Chroate", Vol. I ,Budapest, 1806, pp.89-112

Niederle,L. "Slovanske starozhitnosti" Dilu II,Svazek pp.389-399; pp. 444-446

Ostrogorski,G."Bizantisko-Juzhnoslovenski odnosi",Enciklopedija Jugoslavije 1,Zagreb 1955,pp. 591-599

Ramsay,W.M. "The Historical Geography Of Asia Minor", London, 1890, pp.183, pp.210

2) Arround 1229/1230 Bulgarian Emperor John Asen II wrote an inscription in Trnovo:"I have took the land from Adrianopolis to Drach,Greek,Albanian and also Serbian".

Daskalov,H.S. "Otkritija v drevnei stolicji Bolgarskoi,Ternovo"Moskva, 1859 pp.18-19

Dujchev,I. "Car Ivan Asen II" Sofija, 1941 pp.23-24

Makushev,V "Bolgarija v' koncjah XII i v pervoi polovini XIII veka" ,1872 pp.56-57

3) In the Law of Serbian Emperor Stephan Dushan (Dushanov Zakonik) issued 1349-1354 in Skoplje and Seress following peoples are mentioned in Serbia:Serbs,Greeks,Albanians (Arbanasi) (art.77,82), Aromanians (Vlasi) (art.32,77,82), Saxons (Sasi) (art.123).

Novakovich,S. "Zakonik Stefana Dushana Cara Srpskog 1349-1354" Beograd 1898

4) Despot Ugljesha in the 1366 letter written and confirmed in Skoplje stated that he is the master of Serbian land,Greece and Pomorje.

Novakovich,S. "Zakonski spomenici Srpskih drzhava srednjeg veka", 1912, pp.509

5) Patriarch of Constantinopolis mentioned master of Serbia,Ugljesha in a letter from 1371. Ugljesha's state was arround Lower Struma.

Mikloshich,F & Muller,J. "Acta et diplomata" I, 1860, pp.571

6) The place of 1371 battle at Marica,when Kings Vukashin and Ugljesha, leading armies from their provinces in Old Serbia ,clashed with the Turks, was named "Sirf-Sindughi"-"Serbian defeat".

Jorga,N. "Geschiste des Osmanischen Reiches" Vol.I, cap IV,pp241

7) In the second half of 14th century, monk Isaiah said that Ugljesha has risen Serbian and Greek army (Srbskija i Grchskiija voiska) and his brother Vukashin,and with that army they confronted the invading Turks.

Novakovich,S. "Srbi i Turci XIV i XV veka , 1893,pp.184,

Mikloshich ,F. "S.Joannis Chrystostomi homilia in ramos palmarum", 1845, pp.71

Mikloshich,F. "Chrestomatia Paleoslovenica", 1861, pp 41

8) In 1395 Mihael Paleologos and his wife Helena established estate to Helena's father,Master of Serbia,Konstantin Dejanovich.Konstantin's state was around river Struma.

Mikloshich,F. & Joseph,M. "Acta et dipolomata",1862, pp.260

9) A 1401 remark from goverment of Venice says about the envoy of "Konstatntin,master of Serbia,which is arround our Drach area" (Constantini domini Servie teritorii,quod est circa teritorium Durachii).

Ljubich,S. "Listine" 4,1874, pp.437

10) Sometimes in the beggining of 15th century Bulgarian chronicles are written,where remark that Turkish Sultan Murat had went to conquer either Bulgars or Ugljesha.Ugljesha and King Vukashin has gathered great Serbian army (Sobra sja mnozhestvo voisk Serbskih).

Bogdan,J. "Archiv fur Slavische philologie" 13, 1891,pp.481; pp.493

11) Dimitar,writter from Kratovo in 1446 said that he begin to translate "Law" for the Archbiscopate of Ohrid from Greek language into Serbian (v ezhe sastaviti mi pisaniem srbskoga ezika sochinenie, rekshe knigu imenuemu zakonik) under order of Ohrid Archbiscop Dorotej,who visited him in Kratovo,because Congregational Church in Ohrid did not had that book in Serbian language (po eziku srbskom) but only in Greek.

Kachanovski,V. "Starine" 12,1880 ,pp.255

12) Remains of John Rilski are transfered from Trnovo in the Monastery of Rila.That was descriped by Vladislav Gramatik,in 1469,who also mentioned Serbian soldiers (Srbskiie voje) in the 1371 Marica battle.

Novakovich,S, "Glasnik Srpskog uchenog drushtva" 22,1867,pp.287

13) In the year 1515 Gjuragj Kratovian was burnt.In his biography stands:...From the Serbian root and guided by Holy Spirit you have left fatherland and relatives in Kratovo and moved to the Sardakian City (Ot korene srpskago i douhom svetim vodimi ostavil jesi otachastvo i srodniki izhe v' Kratovja, prishel jesi k' Gradou Sardaskomu).

Novakovich.S. "Glasnik Srpskog uchenog drushtva" 21,1867, pp.154

14) Jakov Soranzzo from Venice arrives in Skoplje,in the province of Serbia, in the year 1575.

Matkovich.P."Rad. Jugosl. Akad." 124,1895, pp.131

15) In Kraljevo (Romania) ,priest John has written in 1580 that he is a Serb from Kratovo (Srbin od mjasta Kratova).

Stojanovich,Lj."Stari Srpski zapisi i natpisi" I,1902 ,pp.752

16) Mitropolit Jeremiah from the City of "Pelagon" (Bitolj) went to Russia in 1603 saying that he comed from Serbian land.

Archive of the Russian Ministry For Foreign Affairs, Year 7112,Dec.19

17) In the October of 1605 delegation of monks went in Russia and among them was Diakon Avksentij from the Serbian land, Nicholas Monastery in Strumica (Serbskoi zemli nikolskoga monastira chto na Strumicja,Diakon Avksentii).

"Snoshenia Rossii po djelam cerkovnim" ,I,1858

18) In 1609,in the archive of Vatican,catholic church in Skoplje Serbia is mentioned (La chiesa di Scopia in Servia).

Horvat,K. "Glasnik zemaljskog muzeja u Bosni i Hercegovini" XXI,1909

19) Mitropolit Sergius said in Russia that he was appointed as Mitropolit in Greven by Archbiscop of Ohrid,Nectarij of Serbian land (Posvjashchen on na mitropoliju grevenskuju arhiepiskop ohridskim ,Nektariem serbskoi zemli).

"Snoshenia Rossii po djelam cerkovnim" II, 1860 pp.29

20) Archbiscop of Ohrid Avram in 1634 arrived in Russia with escort.When asked,they said they were Greeks from the Serbian land of Ohrid (Grechane Serpskie zemli iz Ahridona Goroda).

Archive of the Russian Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Year 7142,No 8

21) Adressing the Russian Emperor Mihail in 1641, Mitropolit of Skoplje said that he is from Serbian land (Serbskie zemli Semion mitropolit).

Dimitrijevich.S. "Spom. Srp. Kralj. Akad." 38, 1908 pp.60a, pp 60b

22) Peter Heylin,English geographer writtes under the word "Servia": Principal towns hereof : 1.Nissa 2.Vidina (by the Turks called Kiratow) 3.Cratova........9.Scopi,by Ptolemy called Scupi.

Heylin,P. "Cosmographie in four books" London,1666

23) Arround 1680 Urban Cerri mentioned in his report to Pope Inocentius XI archbiscop of Skoplje in Serbia.

Theiner,A." Vetera. Monum. Slav. Mer. Histor. Ill." II, 1875,pp 213

24) Archbiscop of Skoplje writtes about Serbia and says that Skoplje is capital city in serbia (Scopia....metropolli di Servia).Further,He mentiones that Orthodox houses in Skoplje are Greek and Serbian (Case Greche e Serviane).

Theiner,A. ibidem, pp. 220

25) Dimitrije Petrov from Kichevo arrived in Russia to collect funds for building church dedicated to St. Demetrius in Kichevo.He declared himself as coming from the Serbian land of Kichevo (Serbskie zemli goroda Karacheva)

Archive of the Russian Ministry For Foreign Affairs,Year 1706,No 7

26) In the year 1744 Russian Empress Elisabeth adresses "Noble and honest lords of Serbian lands in Macedonia,Skandaria,Montenegro and Primorje of Montenegrian people,to the governers , dukes, princess and captains as well as their spiritual and secular masters".

Milutinovich,S."Istorija Crne Gore",1835

27) A group of French staff officers in 1807,with the permission of the Turks, traveled around Macedonia compiling a statistical survey of the population. Apart from Greeks,Turks,Albanians and Aromanians they found only Serbs.

Slijepchevich, Dj. "The Macedonian Question",The American Institute For Balkan Affairs Chicago,1958

28) A 1854 request of the inhabitants of village Selce near Debar to Alexander Karagjorgjevich

22 Oktovra
    Arsenije Janovich,Gavril Janovich,Damjan Markovich, Vasil Milich, Tane Ninovich, Trifun Grujovich, Stanisha Nikolich, Cvetko Damjanovich, Despot Potnikovich, Gligorije Naumovich i Filip Aleksich proshenijem od 21 t.m. mole Knjaza da bi se obshtini ninoi Selachkoi u Albaniji za Crkvu shtogod knjiga pravitelstvom srpskim za sirotinske crkve u Turskoj nabavljeni podarilo.

Djambazovski, K. et al. "Arhivska Gragja za istorijata na Makedonskiot narod" Beograd 1979 vol I, book 2, pp. 235

29) Stephan Gerlach wrote in 1574 that relative of Mehmed Pasha "Became Archbiscop in Bulgaria,and his seat is ten days away from Adrianopolis in the city of Ohrid,on the border between Epirus and Serbia" (Zu eineim Erz-bischopff in der Bulgarey gemacht worden,hat seinen Sitz zehn Tagreiss von Adrianopol,in der Stadt Ochrida,in der Grantzen Epiri und Servien) .

Gerlach,S. "Tage-Buch",Frankfurt,1674, pp.64a

30) Petar Bogdani had wrote in 1650 a letter of recommendation for his relative Andria Bogdani from Albania ,saying about him that he is recommended for Archbiscopate of Ohrid in Serbia (Proposto per L'Archivescovato d' Ochrida su in confini della Servia).

Fermendzhin,E. "Starine" 25,1892, pp.172

31) in 1651 Mitropolit of Kratovo wrote to Russian Emperor "My forefathers and ancestors are lords of the Serbian land of Kratovo".

Dimitrijevich,S. "Glasnik Srpske kraljevske akademije", 58,1900.

32) 1652 In the documents of Russian Imperial House,it is recorded that Serbian Mitropolit Mihailo(Serbskii Mitropolit Mihailo) had dinner with the Russian Emperor.He is the same person from reference above.

"Filologicheskaja nabljudenija A.H. Vostokova".1865, pp.184

33) 1653 Jeromonah Damaskin,wrote a letter to his cousin,mitropolit Mihailo of Kratovo,in which there is a statement about mercy of the Russian Emperor towards our Serbian language (Jeziku nashemu Srbskom).

Stanojevich,Lj "Stari Srpski zapisi i natpisi", I,1902.No 1547,No 1562

34) Catholic missionaries in Serbia (Servia) are mentioned and among them mr.Stefan Kratovian (In Cratovo d.Stefano da Cratovo).

Fermendzhin,E. "Starine" 25,1892, pp.194

35) In 1665 Archbiscop Petar of Sophia wrote that:"Now in this Kingdom of Serbia there is one Metropolitan church,that of Skoplje"(Al presente si trovano in cotesto regno di Servia una chiesa Metropolitana,cioe,Scopia),than saying that Pope Urban VIII in his declaration on foundation of "del collegio Illyrico" says that there are three biscopate in Serbia :those of Skoplje,Justinijana called Prizren ,and Nish (Che sono del regno di Servia tre vescovati:cioe Scupi,ovvero Scopia,Justiniana detta Prisren,et anche Nissa).

Fermendzhin,E. ibidem,pp189

36) In 1666 Mitropolit Ananije of Cratovo wrote to Russian Emperor, mentioning "Mihailo,Mitropolit of Serbs" (Mihaila Mitropolita Srbian).

Dimitrijevich,S. "Spomenica Srpske kraljevske akademije",38,1900 pp.64b

37) 1667 Emperor Leopold gave some privileges to the Greeks (Graeci) and Serbs (Rasciani) who emigrated toward Northern Hungary and most of them arived from Macedonia (Praesertim autem ex Macedonia adventum).

Vitkovich,G "Glasnik Srpskog uchenog drushtva",67,1887,pp.128;pp.131

38) 1676 Secretary of the society "De Propaganda Fide" wrote a report to Pope Inocentius about Catholic Church in Bosnia and neighboring countries, in which Biscop of Skoplje,Andrea Bogdani in Serbia (Servia) is mentioned.

Horvat,K. "Glasnik Zemaljskog Muzeja Bosne i Hercegovine" XXI,1909,pp.393

39) Martin Crusius in his book mentiones "Vscopia, or Scopia, a great and populous City of Turkey in the K. of Servia".

Crusius, M. "Turcogreciae libri octo", 1584, pp.50

40)In 1685 Catholic Archbishop of Skoplje Petar Bogdani wrote to Cardinal Cibo saying that Turks had thrown him into exile from entire Serbia (da tutta la Servia).

Horvat,K. "Glasnik zemaljskog muzeja u Bosni i Hercegovini" XXI, 1909, pp. 403

41) Mitropolit Jevtimije from Serbian land of Skoplje (Serbskija zemli goroda Skopija)
    arrived in Russia where he delivered a request in which he says that he is Mitropolit of Serbian land of Skoplje (Mitropolit Serbskije zemli Skopskie Crkve).

Dimitrijevich,S. "Glasnik Srpske Kraljevske Akademije" 60, 1901 pp.154

42) In a 1756 letter main cities in Serbia (La Servie) are mentioned, and among them Skoplje ,where Serbian Archbishop reside; Cratovo,by which province is named (Scopia, ou reside Archeveque Rascien; Cratovo, qui donne son nom au Gouvernement).

"Le Voyager francois, ou la connoissance de l' ancien et du noveau monde mis au jour par M. l' Abbe Delaporte", tome XXIII, Paris, 1777

43) Around 950,Constantin Porphyrogenitos stated that city of Servia situated north-western from Thesaloniki,has it's name from the Serbs and around 10th century that same city is mentioned as Srpchishte.

Constantin Porphyrogenitos "De Administrando Imperio" cap.32, pp.152 ed.Bonn

"Starine" 14,1882 pp.163

44) In 14th century Byzantine Emperor Kantakusen mentioned Serbs near Phillipi and Prosek.

Kantakusen "History", bk.II pp.256 ; pp.274

45) In the year 1584 Alexander Komulovich mentioned that in Serbia (Servia),Skoplje is principal city (Scopia principale citta) and that it is situated in the middle of the province (nel mezzo della provincia).

Fermendzhin,E. "Acta Bosniae" "Monum. Slav. Mer. XXIII 1892 pp.392

46) In 1644 a Serb,Dimitrije Nikolajev (Serbjanin' Dmitrei Nikolaev) from Kastoria, arived in Russia.

Archive of the Russian Ministry For Foreign Affairs,Year 7156

47) In 17th Century,Hadji Kalpha,a Turkish geographer recorded that mountains of the Castoria district are peopled by Serbs and Aromanians.He also mentiones that on the bank of the lake between Seres,Thesaloniki and Siderocaps there is a village inhabited by Greeks,Serbs and Aromanians.

"Rumeli und Bosna,Geographisch beschrieben von Mustapha Ben Abdalaih Hadschi Chalfa aus dem turkischen ubersetzt von J. von Hammer" Wien 1812 pp.80; pp.97

48) In an inscription from 1659 stands:"Mihail Mitropit, visitor of Holy God's Grave in the Holy Jerusalem, from the Serbian land city of Kratovo" (Mihail Mitropolit,poklonik bozhia groba svetago Ierusalima ot Srbskie zemli grada Kratova).

"Chtenija v imperatorskom' obshtesvja istorii i drevnosti Rossiiskih pri Moskovskom univerziteta" Moskva 1896 II 5th part pp.4a

49) Austrian emperor Leopold proclaimed Jovan Monastirlija from Bitolj a Vojvoda (Military chieftain) of the Serbian nation in Austria in 1691.

Trifunoski,F.J. "Makedoniziranje Juzhne Srbije" Beograd 1995 pp.24

50) Bratan Ivanov,a Serb from Macedonian land arrived in Russia (Makedonskie zemli Serbin' Bratan' Ivanov) in the year 1704.

Archive of the Russian Ministry For Foreign Affairs,Year 1704

Kapterev,N.A. "Harakter otnoshenii Rossii k Pravoslavnomu Vostoku v XVI i XVII stoletija" 1914 pp.348

51) In 1723 Gerard Cornelius von Driesch,secretary of the Austrian delegation heading for Constantinopolis, mentioned that in Pirot there are Greeks and Serbs i this lands (Grichen oder Raitzen dieses landes).He also mentioned place named Grobblian eastern of Sofia saying that the greater part of its inhabitants are Serbs (Raitzen).

Cornelius,G.V.D. "Historische nachricht von der Rom. Kayser.Gross-Botschaft nacht Konstantinopol" Nurnberg 1723 pp.84; pp.102

52) From 1880 to 1881 the Serbian Brsjaci Revolt (Brsjachka Buna) was fought in the areas of Demir-Hisar,Porech and Kichevo.The leaders of this uprising were local Chetniks:Ilija Delija,Rista Kostadinovich,Micko Krstich and Andjelko Tanasovich.

Veselinovich,V.M. "Brsjachka Buna" Beograd 1905

53) A statement by Joseph Muller,Austrian,Medical officer in Turkish Army in early 19th century, who worked in Albania about Slavs in neighboring countries that he visited.

"Together with Slavic community of Spiz on Triplex confinium and smaller communities in Skadar,Podgorica and Spuzh, Serbian tribes live in eastern mountains Altin-Ili in Dibr-Sipre in the area of Struga as well as in eastern coast of the Ohrid Lake, further in the valleys of Rezna and Prespa in the city of Monastir and its northeastern surrounding, in the valley Srebrnica,and by name on communities of Optorosh,Shrbica,Mahmusha,Mrtvuca,along the left, eastern coast of White Drim in communities of Kremovik,Mirozhizh,Cuprevo,Grebnik,Zlokuche………"

Joseph Muller, “Albanien,Rumelien und die Osterreichisch-Montenegrinische Grenze”,Prague,1844

54) "It is understandable that the Turks preferred the patient and submissive Bulgar to the rebellious Serb or Greek. Since the Serbian principality had gained its freedom, the Turks regarded every Serb who declared himself to be such as a rebellious conspirator against the Turkish regime. This circumstance was widely exploited by the Bulgars in order to spread their propaganda among the Serbs outside the principality. Whoever was reluctant to become a Bulgar and persisted in calling himself a Serb was denounced to the Turks as conspiring with Serbia, and could expect severe punishment. Serbian priests were maltreated; permission was refused to open Serbian schools and those that were already in existence were closed; Serbian monasteries were destroyed. In order to avoid persecution, the population renounced its nationality and called itself Bulgarian........during the last thirty or forty years, propaganda has been rife in which the Bulgars have encouraged the Turks to act against Serbs and Greeks. Hence, throughout Macedonia, Thrace and Dardania, Slavs are considered to be Bulgars, which is quite incorrect. On the contrary, the Slavs in Macedonia are incapable of understanding a Bulgar from Jantra. If it is desired to designate these Slavs correctly, than they must be considered as Serbs, for the Serbian name is so popular among them that for example male children are sometimes christened "Srbin" [Serb]. the Serbian hero of the folk poems, Marko Kraljevich is obviously the Serbian ruler in Macedonia."

Alexander von Heksch "Die Donau von ihrem Ursprung bis an die Mundung",Leipzig,1885,pp.636

55) In 1886 Russian publicist I.S. Jastrebov published his book "Obichai i pesni tureckih serbov v Prizren,Ipek,Morava,i Dibra" ("Customs and songs of the Turkish Serbs in Prizren,Pech,Morava and Debar) in which the following reference to the important Serb custom of "Slava" is found: "Slava is celebrated by Serbs not only in Serbia,in Austria,Hungary,Bosnia,Montenegro,Kosovo,Morava and area of Prizren,but also in the areas of Skopje,Veles,Prilep,Bitola and Ohrid,including also Debar and the area of Tetovo.All inhabitants in the mentioned area who speak with the Slavo-Serbian dialect keep that custom holy."

Jastrebov,I.S. "Obichai i Pesni tureckih serbov v Prizren,Ipek,Morava i Dibra",1886,pp.1-2

56) A List of topographical names in Old Serbia (FYROM) with the characteristic Serbian root "Srb-": Srbinovo, near Tetovo; Srbica, Srbjani , Srbjan Dolence in the Area of Bitolj (Bitola,Monastiri);Srbce and Srbci south from Bitolj;Srbinovo in the area of Gorna Dzhumaja (Pirin area in Bulgaria);Srbinica,river source near the village of Podles.

V.K'nchov "Makedonija" ,Sofia,1900 pp.256

M.A. Vujucic "Recnik mesta u oslobodjenoj oblasti Stare Srbije",1914,pp.241

V.K'nchov Ibidem pp.191

V. K'nchov Ibidem pp. 238

V. Radovanovic: "Tikves i Rajec", Etnogr. Zbornik XXIX pp.457

J.F. Trifunoski "Makedoniziranje Juzne Srbije",1995,pp.33

57) An observation by the Austro-Hungarian Field Marshal Anton Tuma von Waldkampf: "In Macedonia Serbs are living, partly in the great plain of Bitolj,partly in Vardar plain and are particularly compact in the valley of Tetovo"

Anton Tuma von Waldkampf "Griechland,Makedonien und Sudalbanien",Leipzig, 1897 pp-214-215

58) Remark of Dr. Karl Oestreich about Skoplje: "The city's population consist of all possible elements-some of whom have come out in favor of the Bulgarian Exarchate and call themselves 'Bulgars'-and Albanians or Mohammedanized Serbs. Although it is situated south of Sar-planina, Skoplje is the chief city of Old Serbia.....the rural population, although it is Serbian in origin, has for the most parts given its support to the Exarchate, since a Bulgarian bishop is for them more acceptable than a Greek bishop of the Ecumenical Church to which they formerly belonged. This is how the rural population around Skoplje has today come to be mostly Bulgarian; the same is true of the purely Serbian Tetovo".

Karl Oestreich "Makedonien" Geographische Zeitschrift, Vol.X, No.1, 1904,pp 198-199

59) Referring to the establishment of the Bulgarian Exarchate in Macedonia,Karl Oestreich noted: "A considerable part of the rural population, although it then felt to be Serbian, seized the first opportunity of obtaining Slavic priests and so declared itself to be Bulgarian......Whoever joined the Bulgarian Exarchate was registered in the Turkish population records as "bulgari-milet" and to the world as large was a Bulgar".

Karl Oestreich "Die Bevolkerung von Makedonien",Geographische Zeitschrift,Vol. XI, No.1,1905,pp.291

60) Theodor von Sosnosky wrote about Bulgarian Propaganda in Macedonia: "What this methods were the Greeks, Serbs and Turks of this unhappy land felt on their own backs. By plunder and arson, rape and murder, armed bands tried to make them come to the Bulgarian side".

Theodor von Sosnosky "Die Balkanpolitik Osterreich-Ungars seit 1886,Stuttgart-Berlin,1914, Vol.II,pp.129

61) During World War I, the Bulgarian troops under the command of first lieutenant Protogerov were ordered to inflict reprisals upon the population east of Kumanovo for an attack made on some Bulgarian troops.Before the reprisal measures were begun, the entire population declared that it was Bulgarian, purely in order to avoid being punished.Protogerov was greatly perplexed. Here is a quote by Gilbert in der Maur regarding this event:
    "Then Protogerov's aides had an idea: they asked who celebrated the 'slava'.Those who did so were shot, since the celebration of the 'slava' is a sign that one is a Serb:it is a custom which the Bulgarians do not have".

Gilbert in der Maur "Jugoslawien einst und jetz" Leipzig-Vienna, 1936,pp.330

62) "Although the Serbian national epic found its fullest realization in the regions of the northwest, nevertheless a considerable part of its material was taken from Southern Serbia.And Vice Versa: many poems which originated elsewhere found their way to Southern Serbia, were sung here and inherited".

Alois Schmaus, "Dichtung","Mazedonien: Leben und Gestalt einer Landschaft",Berlin,1940 pp.106

63) Hungarian historian Bonfini wrote about "Macedonia,which is now called Serbia" ("Macedoniam quam Serbua nunc appelant").

Ant.Bonfini "Rerum Hungarii Indec." II lib IX,Viennae, 1774 pp.248a

64) A conclusion by the linguist Petar Draganov about the songs of "Macedonian Slavs":"It is a strikingly obvious that within the circle of Cars,Kings,dukes,heroes and other individuals of this songs one can find only persons and significant events from the medieval,new and latest Serbian history".

P.Draganov "Makedonsko-Slavjanskii Sbornik" pp.VIII (n.d.)

65)Bulgarian publicist Rakovski noted in the 19th century that Macedonian emigrants in Srem and Southern Hungary called themselves Serbs and Greeks.

G.S.Rakovski "Gorski Patnik" pp.267,268 (n.d.).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information