Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the austrian "right nationalist party" dislikes the turks?

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,951
    Given: 58,652

0 Not allowed!

Default Why the austrian "right nationalist party" dislikes the turks?

In Vienna there are much more balkanites then turks, all over from albania and former yugoslavia but they always only focus on turks? Yeah balkan is europe and white but they also carry their religions (most of them are not western christians or catholic or protestant but orthodox christian or even muslim) and their languages and they also open nightclubs, bars, balkan bakerys, balkan food trucks etc.

My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump
    Wir wollen endlich den Volkskanzler, schnauze voll von den Einheitsparteien

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,689
    Given: 23,946

2 Not allowed!

Turks are traditionally enemies of Europe. That is why.
    Browness also helps.

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Turks are traditionally enemies of Europe. That is why.
    Browness also helps.
    It is true many turks in vienna are "olive complected" and dark haired, while the yugoslavs and albanians look closer to austrians.
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

2 Not allowed!

I don't think it's about skin color. The Ottoman Turks besieged Vienna twice: In 1529, and again in 1683, and they were thwarted and defeated both times. The Ottoman Sultans wanted to subdue and dominate Christianity, everywhere. One only needs to look at Hagia Sofia, to get an idea about how bad it could get.

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    I don't think it's about skin color. The Ottoman Turks besieged Vienna twice: In 1529, and again in 1683, and they were thwarted and defeated both times. The Ottoman Sultans wanted to subdue and dominate Christianity, everywhere. One only needs to look at Hagia Sofia, to get an idea about how bad it could get.
    1.Turks dont have much different skin tone then europeans but they are often "olive complected" and darker then austrians, BUT they are a "visible minority" more visible then people who are not austrians but are from another european country like yugoslavia
    2.I dont think it is only about history, because before Erdogan and for a long time Turkey was a allie of the west and aimed to join europe but such parties said "turks are asian not european" so I think it does have to do with turkish origins and that they are a visible minority not really european. Martin Sellner the austrian identitarian calls turks "poc" or "people of color"

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Central European
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,880
    Given: 7,415

0 Not allowed!

I don't think it's historic reasons like some here are saying. Germanic Europeans aren't really the type to whine about something that happened hundreds of years ago for eternity.

It's most likely cause Turks are a regional demographic threat, not just an Austrian one. Turks are significant minorities in Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands as well. These are relatively close to Austria culturally. So they see Turks as not just an Austrian problem, but a regional one where Austria is involved.

Turks are gonna be more conservative/religious as well on average compared to Balkaners and have a higher crime rate (though I'm not fully sure of this one). They also look more foreign.

Then there's also the fact that Turks are a single ethnicity/nationality while Balkaners are a bunch of different ethnic groups. Some Balkaners are even more similar to Western Turks than to other Balkaners.

Even though most Balkaners don't follow Catholicism, they're mostly Christian (there are Muslim Balkaners too but they're a minority). And any branch of Christianity will always be closer to another Christian branch than to Muslims. Catholic Austrians don't even have historic issues with Orthodoxes.

Austrians also have a shared European identity with Balkaners that excludes Turks. So that makes them even more foreign to them.

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    I don't think it's historic reasons like some here are saying. Germanic Europeans aren't really the type to whine about something that happened hundreds of years ago for eternity.

It's most likely cause Turks are a regional demographic threat, not just an Austrian one. Turks are significant minorities in Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands as well. These are relatively close to Austria culturally. So they see Turks as not just an Austrian problem, but a regional one where Austria is involved.

Turks are gonna be more conservative/religious as well on average compared to Balkaners and have a higher crime rate (though I'm not fully sure of this one). They also look more foreign.

Then there's also the fact that Turks are a single ethnicity/nationality while Balkaners are a bunch of different ethnic groups. Some Balkaners are even more similar to Western Turks than to other Balkaners.

Even though most Balkaners don't follow Catholicism, they're mostly Christian (there are Muslim Balkaners too but they're a minority). And any branch of Christianity will always be closer to another Christian branch than to Muslims. Catholic Austrians don't even have historic issues with Orthodoxes.
    I think many Balkaners are muslims and no one dislikes them. I think they are not a small minority who are muslim, not in Austria. In the austrian government is as a minister secretary a yugoslav muslim female and she promotes islam, but no one bashes her for it. If she were turkish or afghan they would.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

Austrians also have a shared European identity with Balkaners that excludes Turks. So that makes them even more foreign to them.
    Who said anything about whining (or crying) for eternity?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    German/Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R-Z2122
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,702
    Given: 8,964

0 Not allowed!

I agree with most of your points, but I dont know about the higher crime rate. Definitly not higher than Albanian or Bosniak crime rate.

It's mostly because Turks were the first major migrant group from East of the Bospurus. That's why Turks are synonomous for everything Islam in Germany and Austria.

Banned
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,410
    Given: 27,480

1 Not allowed!

Ask someone from Austrian nationalist party about that, they will know the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information