Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I have to take a job that I feel is beneath me...

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:21 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,959
    Given: 10,182

6 Not allowed!

Default I have to take a job that I feel is beneath me...

I took a job at a warehouse, but I feel it's not for me. I come from the finest of families. I come from a long line of knights and cavaliers. I have a gift of song. I should be on the media or TV or something. I can't get those jobs now. This job seems it could be dangerous. I feel I am almost too old for it, it should be for naive 20 somethings who don't know what they are doing. I hope they don't work me too hard. Luckily the shifts aren't very long. I miss doing the cow at Chick Fil A. They shut it down because of the "pandemic".

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,067
    Given: 39,632

15 Not allowed!

This is America, you start from the bottom and work your way to the top, chin up.
    Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Even if this were hard--that is how it is ! Assuredly, however, by far the harder fate is that which strikes the man who thinks he can overcome Nature, but in the last analysis only mocks her. Distress, misfortune, and diseases are her answer.

Kekgenes K13

1 Swahili+ Jew + Kekistani + Trailerparkistan @ 6.9420

M.T.A
    Celt + Frank (4.869)
    Viking Icelandic + Frank (5.463)
    Viking Icelandic + Celt (5.545)
    Celt + Saxon (5.789)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.283)
    Celt (6.539)
    Frank (10.13)
    Viking Icelandic (10.34)
    Viking Danish (10.4)
    Saxon (10.79)

kit 2
    Celt + Belgae (4.016)
    Viking Danish + Belgae (5.555)
    Belgae + Frank (5.797)
    Celt + Frank (6.031)
    Celt (6.297)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.441)
    Belgae (8.662)
    Viking Danish (8.925)
    Frank (9.409)
    Saxon (10.83)

El_Abominacion

6 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    I come from the finest of families. I come from a long line of knights and cavaliers.
    And where's that gotten you?

Ancient member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European descent
    Ancestry
    Father: Hungarian Mother: German + minor English
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    N1a
    mtDNA
    H1e
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,518
    Given: 24,968

14 Not allowed!

I sometimes have dreams I'm back on my job at the farm center, or my brief stint at the warehouse - and in the dream I wonder if I can still do it (physically).

And sometimes I think about it, and I think, I'm never gonna do those jobs again, I can't, I won't.

But I would.

I would do whatever I have to do, and you never know what life throws at you next. There may come a time that my skills, my experience, my talents.. they just won't matter.

Do the best you can, look out for yourself physically. If it really ends up being too difficult on you, just keep your eyes peeled for something more low key.

Good luck man.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    I took a job at a warehouse, but I feel it's not for me. I come from the finest of families. I come from a long line of knights and cavaliers. I have a gift of song. I should be on the media or TV or something. I can't get those jobs now. This job seems it could be dangerous. I feel I am almost too old for it, it should be for naive 20 somethings who don't know what they are doing. I hope they don't work me too hard. Luckily the shifts aren't very long. I miss doing the cow at Chick Fil A. They shut it down because of the "pandemic".

IQ Will Put You In Your Place
    By Charles Murray

From the Sunday Times, UK, May 25 1997.

A longer version of this article appears in the summer issue of The Public Interest.

Imagine several hundred families which face few of the usual problems that plague modern society. Unemployment is zero. Illegitimacy is zero. Divorce is rare and occurs only after the children's most formative years. Poverty is absent - indeed, none of the families is anywhere near the poverty level. Many are affluent and all have enough income to live in decent neighbourhoods with good schools and a low crime rate. If you have the good fortune to come from such a background, you will expect a bright future for your children. You will certainly have provided them with all the advantages society has to offer. But suppose we follow the children of these families into adulthood. How will they actually fare?
    A few years ago the late Richard Herrnstein and I published a controversial book about IQ, The Bell Curve, in which we said that much would depend on IQ. On average, the bright children from such families will do well in life - and the dull children will do poorly. Unemployment, poverty and illegitimacy will be almost as great among the children from even these fortunate families as they are in society at large - not quite as great, because a positive family background does have some good effect, but almost, because IQ is such an important factor.

"Nonsense!" said the critics. "Have the good luck to be born to the privileged and the doors of life will open to you - including doors that will let you get a good score in an IQ test. Have the bad luck to be born to a single mother struggling on the dole and you will be held down in many ways - including your IQ test score." The Bell Curve's purported relationships between IQ and success are spurious, they insisted: nurture trumps nature; environment matters more than upbringing.

An arcane debate about statistical methods ensued. Then several American academics began using a powerful, simple way of testing who was right: instead of comparing individual children from different households, they compared sibling pairs with different IQs. How would brothers and sisters who were nurtured by the same parents, grew up in the same household and lived in the same neighbourhood, but had markedly different IQs, get on in life?

The research bears out what parents of children with unequal abilities already know - that try as they might to make Johnny as bright as Sarah, it is difficult, and even impossible, to close the gap between them.

A very large database in the United States contains information about several thousand sibling pairs who have been followed since 1979. To make the analysis as unambiguous as possible, I have limited my sample to brothers and sisters whose parents are in the top 75 per cent of American earners, with a family income in 1978 averaging Ł40,000 (in today's money).

Families living in poverty, or even close to it, have been excluded. The parents in my sample also stayed together for at least the first seven years of the younger sibling's life.

Each pair consists of one sibling with an IQ in the normal range of 90-110 ,a range that includes 50% of the population. I will call this group the normals. The second sibling in each pair had an IQ either higher than 110, putting him in the top quartile of intelligence (the bright) or lower than 90, putting him in the bottom quartile (the dull). These constraints produced a sample of 710 pairs.

How much difference did IQ make? Earned income is a good place to begin. In 1993, when we took our most recent look at them, members of the sample were aged 28-36. That year, the bright siblings earned almost double the average of the dull: Ł22,400 compared to Ł11,800. The normals were in the middle, averaging Ł16,800.

These differences are sizeable in themselves. They translate into even more drastic differences at the extremes. Suppose we take a salary of Ł50,000 or more as a sign that someone is an economic success. A bright sibling was six-and-a-half times more likely to have reached that level than one of the dull. Or we may turn to the other extreme, poverty: the dull sibling was five times more likely to fall below the American poverty line than one of the bright. Equality of opportunity did not result in anything like equality of outcome. Another poverty statistic should also give egalitarians food for thought: despite being blessed by an abundance of opportunity, 16.3% of the dull siblings were below the poverty line in 1993. This was slightly higher than America's national poverty rate of 15.1%.

Opportunity, clearly, isn't everything. In modern America, and also, I suspect, in modern Britain, it is better to be born smart and poor than rich and stupid. Another way of making this point is to look at education. It is often taken for granted that parents with money can make sure their children get a college education. The young people in our selected sample came from families that were overwhelmingly likely to support college enthusiastically and have the financial means to help. Yet while 56% of the bright obtained university degrees, this was achieved by only 21% of the normals and a minuscule 2% of the dulls. Parents will have been uniformly supportive, but children are not uniformly able.

The higher prevalence of college degrees partly explains why the bright siblings made so much more money, but education is only part of the story. Even when the analysis is restricted to siblings who left school without going to college, the brights ended up in the more lucrative occupations that do not require a degree, becoming technicians, skilled craftsmen, or starting their own small businesses. The dull siblings were concentrated in menial jobs.

The differences among the siblings go far beyond income. Marriage and children offer the most vivid example. Similar proportions of siblings married, whether normal, bright or dull - but the divorce rate was markedly higher among the dull than among the normal or bright, even after taking length of marriage into account. Demographers will find it gloomily interesting that the average age at which women had their first birth was almost four years younger for the dull siblings than for the bright ones, while the number of children born to dull women averaged 1.9, half a child more than for either the normal or the bright. Most striking of all were the different illegitimacy rates. Of all the first-born children of the normals, 21% were born out of wedlock , about a third lower than the figure for the United States as a whole, presumably reflecting the advantaged backgrounds from which the sibling sample was drawn. Their bright siblings were much lower still, with less than 10% of their babies born illegitimate. Meanwhile, 45% of the first-born of the dull siblings were born outside of marriage.

The inequalities among siblings that I have described are from 1993 and are going to become much wider in the years ahead. The income trajectory for low-skill occupations usually peaks in a worker's twenties or thirties. The income trajectory for managers and professionals usually peaks in their fifties. The snapshot I have given you was taken for an age group of 28-36 when many of the brights are still near the bottom of a steep rise into wealth and almost all the dulls' incomes are stagnant or even falling. . . .

The inequalities I have presented are the kind you are used to seeing in articles that compare inner-city children with suburban ones, black with white, children of single parents with those from intact families. Yet they refer to the children of a population more advantaged in jobs, income and marital stability than even the most starry-eyed social reformer can hope to achieve.

You may be wondering whether the race, age or education of siblings affects my figures. More extended analyses exist, but the short answer is that the phenomena I have described survive such questions. Siblings who differ in IQ also differ widely in important social outcomes, no matter how anyone tries to explain away the results. Ambitious parents may be dismayed by this conclusion, but it is none the less true for all that.

A final thought: I have outlined the inequalities that result from siblings with different IQs. Add in a few other personal qualities: industry, persistence, charm, and the differences among people will inevitably produce a society of high inequalities, no matter how level the playing field has been made. Indeed, the more level the playing field, and the less that accidents of birth enter into it, the more influence personal qualities will have. I make this point as an antidote to glib thinking on both sides of the Atlantic and from both sides of the political spectrum. Inequality is too often seen as something that results from defects in society that can be fixed by a more robust economy, more active social programmes, or better schools. It is just not so.

The effects of inequality cannot be significantly reduced, let alone quelled, unless the government embarks on a compulsory redistribution of wealth that raises taxes astronomically and strictly controls personal enterprise. Some will call this social justice. Others will call it tyranny. I side with the latter, but whichever position one takes, it is time to stop pretending that, without such massive compulsion, human beings in a fair and prosperous society will ever be much more equal than they are now.

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,942
    Given: 58,641

4 Not allowed!

Bro do you have any degree? Can you afford to go to college? I think you guys in the USA have to pay a shit load of money to go to college. In Austria I pay 150 € a semester now that I study. I applied for a university in california and they said I need 30.000 $ a semester. That is incredible, no way I could ever afford that.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump
    Wir wollen endlich den Volkskanzler, schnauze voll von den Einheitsparteien

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I sometimes have dreams I'm back on my job at the farm center, or my brief stint at the warehouse - and in the dream I wonder if I can still do it (physically).

And sometimes I think about it, and I think, I'm never gonna do those jobs again, I can't, I won't.

But I would.

I would do whatever I have to do, and you never know what life throws at you next. There may come a time that my skills, my experience, my talents.. they just won't matter.

Do the best you can, look out for yourself physically. If it really ends up being too difficult on you, just keep your eyes peeled for something more low key.

Good luck man.
    Great advice. There is always something out there, you just have to know where to look and what to say to get the job you want. We live in an age where aside from technical positions, education and experience aren't the biggest factors.
    Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Even if this were hard--that is how it is ! Assuredly, however, by far the harder fate is that which strikes the man who thinks he can overcome Nature, but in the last analysis only mocks her. Distress, misfortune, and diseases are her answer.

Kekgenes K13

M.T.A
    Celt + Frank (4.869)
    Celt + Saxon (5.789)
    Celt (6.539)
    Frank (10.13)
    Viking Icelandic (10.34)
    Viking Danish (10.4)
    Saxon (10.79)

kit 2
    Celt + Belgae (4.016)
    Belgae + Frank (5.797)
    Celt + Frank (6.031)
    Celt (6.297)
    Belgae (8.662)
    Viking Danish (8.925)
    Frank (9.409)
    Saxon (10.83)

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up

6 Not allowed!

Also if you need help writing a résumé, I can give you some pointers.

Kekgenes K13

M.T.A
    Celt + Frank (4.869)
    Celt + Saxon (5.789)
    Celt (6.539)
    Frank (10.13)
    Viking Icelandic (10.34)
    Viking Danish (10.4)
    Saxon (10.79)

kit 2
    Celt + Belgae (4.016)
    Belgae + Frank (5.797)
    Celt + Frank (6.031)
    Celt (6.297)
    Belgae (8.662)
    Viking Danish (8.925)
    Frank (9.409)
    Saxon (10.83)

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    Bro do you have any degree? Can you afford to go to college? I think you guys in the USA have to pay a shit load of money to go to college. In Austria I pay 150 € a semester now that I study. I applied for a university in california and they said I need 30.000 $ a semester. That is incredible, no way I could ever afford that.
    You don't need a college degree to make decent money but you do need a higher than average IQ. Do you know how many evil hackers hacked a high profile target(s) eventually got busted then started working for the good guys in the cybersecurity industry ? You could become a skilled tradesman, a technician , or start your own business without a college degree.

https://www.monster.com/career-advic...no-degree-0217

http://coursera.org/search?query=it%20support&

No Retreat No Surrender
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Chelovek Mira
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Washington
    Taxonomy
    black, muscular, and zero gay, 100kg bench, BBC
    Politics
    Third Position
    Hero
    Der Volkskanzler
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57,942
    Given: 58,641

1 Not allowed!

I will share my college application with you.

Hello Svetozar,
    I responded to your inquiry into the program before I noticed that you had applied to both the MDiv and the MTS programs. I need to make it clear that we only accept Franciscan seminarians or seminarians from our local San Diego diocese, so you can not expect to be admitted as a seminarian. If this is alright with you then your next step is to take the TOEFL exam and have the results sent directly to me. It is our policy that all foreign applicants must take the English proficiency examination prior to having their application reviewed. In addition, you will need to have your transcript evaluated by the World Education Service at www.wes.org. Please get the course-by-course evaluation and have it translated into English if necessary.

Once you have completed these steps you will need to complete the financial declaration form I sent you in the preceding email. All international students must prove they have the financial ability to fund their first year in the USA without assistance from any financial aid. The amount is noted on the form, but I believe it is approximately $38,000.

Lastly, I would like to ask you to revise your statement of purpose to ensure that it is "FOREWARD THINKING" and doesn't give so much personal background. Your application will be reviewed by an academic committee and the information you disclosed in your application is much too personal for their purposes. They want to know what you are doing now, what you want to do in the future, and how the Franciscan School of Theology can help you get there. In short, why do you want an MDiv and MTS degree from FST and what do you plan to do with it?

I am very happy to assist you as you embark upon this application process. Please let me know what questions you have.

Peace and every good,

Christine

I want to become a Priest and I want to evangelize, to preach the Gospel, to change people, to baptise people, to councell people. That is my purpose. But I think I would not be admitted because I dont have $38.000 because I live off from a pension I receive, a disability pension because I was diagnosed with Shizophrenia. But If I study in the USA I wouldnt receive it anymore and I would have 0$, I dont know if it is possible that I work in the USA while studying this would be the only way to be able to provide for myself without fiancial aid? I will see where I can get TOEFL scores here in Austria, I didnt heard of this before and then I will pass the exam. Im sure I will pass it.
    Regards, Svetozar Plemic

Hello Christine,
    I will revise my statement of purpose. I wanted to point out how I became a Christian, what is my story. And why I want to be priest. Maybe it is not so clear though. I dont mention any theological theory but I mention my personal life what lead me to Jesus Christ. Why I want to be priest or do ministry.

Hello Svetozar,
    I applaud your zeal for our good and gracious God. If God is calling you to serve Holy Mother Church as a Catholic priest then I believe He will open the way for you.

Based on what you have shared with me regarding your financial situation it would be imprudent for me to encourage you to continue with the application process as you would not be eligible to receive the necessary form I-20 from FST.

I have included the US regulations below for your review.
    US Immigration and Customs Enforcement requires documented assurance that international students have sufficient financial resources to meet the costs of study in the United Staes. The funds listed on this form must equal or exceed estimated expenses at the Franciscan School of Theology. Limited tuition aid may be available to international students.

Estimated Fees for Academic Year 2020-2021 Tuition and Fees $ 18,180 US Dollars
    Room and Board $ 12,375 US Dollars
    Books and Supplies $ 1,000 US Dollars
    Medical Insurance $ 1,988 US Dollars
    Personal Expenses $ 3,875 US Dollars
    TOTAL $ 37,418 US Dollars

As an alternative to relocating to the USA, I would suggest you research universities offering theology degrees online. That way you would be able to pursue your studies at home and continue receiving your current income.

Peace and every good,

Christine

Here is my statement of purpose: Do you think it was any good?

Praise be to God
    I was born 1983 in Serbia. At the age of 5 I was baptised in Novi Becej in the Serbian Orthodox Church . In 1990 I moved to Austria as immigrant. I started school in Austria. In school I took part in Catholic religious education classes. I was prepared for First Communion and received it . At my First Communion I received as gift a childrens Bible with lots of pictures. It deeply inspired me, I read it many times. I always was interested in Theology and Philosophy as well even as child.
    I went to high school later also in Austria. During that time, I was influenced by other teenagers to start smoking, drinking and taking drugs, some told me in a entertaining way about ghosts, demons and I bought a Satanic Bible. For me it was all fun and I didnt realised the severity behind it. I prayed to Satan and Demons to help me become who I want to be.
    Once another teenager in Vöcklabruck told me to take a drug, it was actually a toxic material because I remember it said not for humans. He said though he does it too and I will feel good. I took alot of it and went back to Schwanenstadt where I lived and still live. I was trying to sell a bag of marihuana to some guys, and suddenly I fall down consciousless. I had a Vision of Hell. It was a feeling of emptiness, darkness, and I was very scared. But then I became concsious again, I went home and in the morning my mother came into my room and told me that my Grandmother died that night. I regreted that I prayed to Satan, and I throw away the Satanic Bible and prayed to God to help me and forgive me.
    I was in Serbia and talked with the Orthodox Priest from the town I lived in as small child. I asked for permission to become Priest. But then nothing happened in that regard and I started studying law in law school in Linz. I noticed a mental change at the second semester, and that something is not right. I went to the psychiatry and was diagnosed with Shizophrenia. I still take the therapy and lots of meds. But Im convinced it is not Shizophrenia but the Spirit and God's doing because eatch Christmas or eatch Easter, it reoccurs regulary despite the Meds. I again seek the Church, I again seek God. I increase prayers, I increase evangelisation on social media, I start preaching and witnessing. It reoccurs despite medication. Now I finally realised that Im healed and confident that I should worship God.
    Since Orthodoxy and Catholicism are theologically very close, I decided I like Catholicism better for a few reasons. Because the Catholic Church is not fragmented it is one unity, just like Christ said "We are many but one Body of Christ". Also Jesus said "You are Peter and on this rock I will build my church" and he said "The gates of Hell wont overcome you".
    I could study in Austria as well or another country, but I prefer to study in the USA, I want to live and study in the USA and I chose your University because it is racially diverse. Im myself an other a Gypsy or Roma.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big. Donald Trump
    Wir wollen endlich den Volkskanzler, schnauze voll von den Einheitsparteien

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information