View Poll Results: The most European West Asian country?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yemen

1 1.61%
  • Oman

1 1.61%
  • Saudi Arabia

1 1.61%
  • United Arab Emirates

1 1.61%
  • Qatar

1 1.61%
  • Bahrain

1 1.61%
  • Kuwait

1 1.61%
  • Iraq

2 3.23%
  • Syria

5 8.06%
  • Lebanon

9 14.52%
  • Jordan

3 4.84%
  • Israel

28 45.16%
  • Cyprus

32 51.61%
  • Turkey

16 25.81%
  • Iran

1 1.61%
  • Armenia

18 29.03%
  • Georgia

22 35.48%
  • Azerbaijan

2 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The most European West Asian country

Peter Pan (Once Upon a Time) EternalYouth's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Peter Pan (Once Upon a Time)
    Country
    Sweden
    Taxonomy
    Peter Panoid (Once Upon a Time)
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 290

1 Not allowed!

When Palestinian activist Ahed Tamimi was first thrown into the spotlight, many people did not believe she was Palestinian but thought she was an actor pretending to be Palestinian. That lets me know European looks are not common amongst Palestinians as it is among Israelis.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2022 @ 10:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,065
    Given: 3,120

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    It's a good argument to make especially if your whole point is that "hey, look how european ashkenazi look". The same holds true for Levantines. Some levantines pass as European. Others pass in the Caucasus. Some can look straight up Arabian. Point is that lots of Levantines don't look Levantine either.

You know why your argument isn't a good one? Because you are failing to provide me with actual statistics as to what portion of Israel Ashkenazis make up demographically. I can't simply go off of your seemingly limited anecdotal experience especially when my own doesn't correlate with yours.

Do Ashkenazis generally look distinct from the locals? For the most part, I would agree with that. Do they make up the majority of Israel? In my experience, I do not think so. And the more time passes, the more you will see more inter-jewish marriages in Israel and the more eastern the population will become as Ashkenazis become more and more diluted.
    Again it's not a good argument if they form a minority. I can also find saudis, pakistanis or moroccans that look european it means nothing while my point was that the vast majority of ashkenazim look european.

As for statistics I thought it was common knowledge for you (it's all over the internet lol) here an example : http://hugr.huji.ac.il/AshkenaziJews.aspx

they also represent 80% of jews in the world btw

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    They absolutely can. EEF has always been very significant around the Mediterranean basin. It's the main reason why Euros and West Asians plot next to each other on a more macro PCA chart. Ashkenazi would be a bit more EEF and a bit more steppe admixed relative to Levantines yes but there is a reason why they cluster with(just barely) the Maltese and S. Italians. I don't think they are Levantines either as I've stated this before many times, but I disagree with your point that they are completely foreign. Posting pictures of Ashkenazi jews in the west who many are obviously mixed with W. Euros doesn't do much to help your case either.
    If you don't trust me no problem just check this :

40% seems possible but like I said in that case ashkenazim become even more euro (around 70%). I never said they are completely foreign obviously they have levantine admixture and have hebrew ancestors but they are not fully indigenous nor do they look ME in average like some zionists pretend. Also I've never posted here a jew that was mixed with W.euros.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    If you don't trust me no problem just check this :

40% seems possible but like I said in that case ashkenazim become even more euro (around 70%). I never said they are completely foreign obviously they have levantine admixture and have hebrew ancestors but they are not fully indigenous nor do they look ME in average like some zionists pretend. Also I've never posted here a jew that was mixed with W.euros.
    Syrian averages contain Turkmen and Kurds as well as Jordanian and Bedouins. Looking at the Leb and Pali EEF you have around 40% EEF plus some minor steppe so around 45% Euro give or take. The significant disparities comes in the Ashkenazi steppe 15-20% more on average and 10% less Iran_N. They overlap heavily in the EEF and Levant_N components. Ashkenazis are obviously more Euro in comparison. This isn't news to me.

Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 06:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    Poland, Belarus, Latvia, Ukraine
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y2780 (Q-M378)
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Politics
    depends
    Hero
    Yitzhak Rabin
    Religion
    depends
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,415
    Given: 688

0 Not allowed!

Who said or imply that they look like saudis ? They simply have different features than the average israeli.
    There are plenty of Jews, if not an overall majority, who pass fine for Levantine. It's true on average that we look different, undoubtedly. But you've looked at completely Levantine looking Israelis and claim they don't pass, which is particularly hilarious as once again, you've never been to the Levant.

And no you don't pass fine at all (they lied to you by respect/for being polite) ask any greek member here if you pass better in their country or the levant and you'll see.
    Lol I give no incentive for them to lie, in fact I've generally pushed them in the other direction by claiming I look more Greek or Turkish, and they agree of course but claim that it extends into the Levant. I already agreed with you I look more Greek than Levantine, that's obvious and not the point.

Here's a question: how do you know what I look like? Any photos I've ever posted to TA have been deleted. Will you admit you're a sockpuppet (and a bad one)?
    חזרנו אל בורות המים לשוק ולכיכר"
    "שופר קורא בהר הבית בעיר העתיקה

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y2780 (Q-M378)
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Politics
    depends
    Hero
    Yitzhak Rabin
    Religion
    depends
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

These are insignificant elements and they are mostly link (again) to judaism (do you think every cultural element in lebanon or iran is related to religion ?). Insignificant compared to all the other cultural traits they brought from their countries.

it's simply a secular european state with some ancient levantine cultural elements here and there. You can't compare it to syrian culture, egyptian culture or the greek one for example.

and that's a real semitic pronounciation of hebrew not your yiddish influenced language :

Stop shifting your stance. You claimed there were no irreligious similarities between a Polish Jew and a Moroccan Jew. No: Hebrew, foods eaten in irreligious context, and music with no mention of God do not link to Judaism.

It's a secular state for the most part in practice (though this is not enshrined in law, and in fact religious restrictions on Shabbat and Marriage are imposed on all Jews), debatable whether it's "European".

Phonology is not the only thing that defines a language. Anyway, I'm glad you agree with me that Ashkenazi Hebrew is the most authentic as Samaritan Hebrew similarly lost all its pharyngeals lol.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ModernMaskil View Post
    There are plenty of Jews, if not an overall majority, who pass fine for Levantine. It's true on average that we look different, undoubtedly. But you've looked at completely Levantine looking Israelis and claim they don't pass, which is particularly hilarious as once again, you've never been to the Levant.
    The same way plenty of south europeans and NAs pass fine for levantines. And many israelis pass as levantines but the one posted here pass better in southern europe and don't strike me as levantine looking.

Lol I give no incentive for them to lie, in fact I've generally pushed them in the other direction by claiming I look more Greek or Turkish, and they agree of course but claim that it extends into the Levant. I already agreed with you I look more Greek than Levantine, that's obvious and not the point.

Here's a question: how do you know what I look like? Any photos I've ever posted to TA have been deleted. Will you admit you're a sockpuppet (and a bad one)?
    Sure Sure. If I follow this logic I can pass as a filipino, thailandese and pashtun because some people said so. Do you think I only interact with people on TA ? Nevermind I was a typical ghostfag.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Do you look Greek, or Turkish? Because considering the important differences in facial structure in these two you cant look both at the same time

My guess (from jews that i have seen) is that you would look more like Greek

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y2780 (Q-M378)
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Politics
    depends
    Hero
    Yitzhak Rabin
    Religion
    depends
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The same way plenty of south europeans and NAs pass fine for levantines. And many israelis pass as levantines but the one posted here pass better in southern europe and don't strike me as levantine looking.

Sure Sure. If I follow this logic I can pass as a filipino, thailandese and pashtun because some people said so. Do you think I only interact with people on TA ? Nevermind I was a typical ghostfag.
    If multiple Filipinos, Thai (correct demonym), and Pashtuns said so, then yes.

You were a ghostfag for about a year? That's the last time I posted a photo. What kind of creep lurks that long, and more importantly, remembers what every user looks like?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If multiple Filipinos, Thai (correct demonym), and Pashtuns said so, then yes.

You were a ghostfag for about a year? That's the last time I posted a photo. What kind of creep lurks that long, and more importantly, remembers what every user looks like?

hahaha sure now a pashtun can pass at the same time in Thailand and Philippines It doesn't make sense stop it pls.

more than only one year and yes I remembered you.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information