Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SharpFork View Post
    Why is it a no-brainer? Why would expect a popuplaiton replacement even when it's Svealand that unified Sweden and conquered the south?
    Rule is not the same thing as population. It is pretty obvious that in long run you are going to see drickle of population shift from the more densely populated south towards north.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aren View Post
    The Sigtuna paper showed us a N-L550 guy that plotted with Norwegians. He's the key here to figuring what the general population of eastern Svealand looked like autosomally. I'm sure we'll find more of these men from this paper.
    I'm fully aware that the N-L550 and I1 guy in Sigtuna were autosomally Germanic. It was not my point to claim he was autosomally Finnic.

Anyway, this y-dna stuff is kinda besides the point. My point was that Germanic autosomal dna in Finland comes from North and East Scandinavians which are not necessarily direct majority ancestors of modern Swedes living in these areas. At no point was it even my aim to claim that this autosomal dna is mediated via Germanic y-dna, rather it most likely comes via stretching the pussy.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    He might actually be partially right, a lot of the Swedish/Norwegian Viking and IA samples(not all, but it either indicates big different population structure across Scandinavian regions or some sort of caste system) have significantly elevated WHG/SHG(similarly to Baltic_BA vs modern Balts) and have rather high distances from modern Swedes/Norwegians despite still being closest to them. Whilist, the Danish IA/Viking samples have much more samples that clustered right ontop modern Scandinavians and didn't have elevated WHG. We actually have a pure Germanic sample from IA Finland, and he clusters with the elevated HG IA/Viking Swedes. Given northern Sweden(as in Uppsala/etc.) Christianized much later than the south and the rest of Scandinavia, I wouldn't be surprised if northern Swedes(or perhaps even all Swedes/Norwegians, although I doubt it) were like these samples before mixing with southern Swedes, Danes, and Slavs/Britons/Finns to a lesser extent.
    As far as I know the samples with elevated WHG appear to be the samples which appear to be Finnic.

I'm not aware of elevated WHG Germanic sample from Finland. The EURA sample from Iron Age Southwest Finland was said/rumored to have higher WHG than modern Finns, and it was also said to be genetically similar to some of the Viking Age samples from Sweden, but I always presumed the researchers meant that it was similar to the Finnic looking types from Viking Age Sweden. Anyway the fucktards are still pawning the actual results, so lets see.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-30-2023 @ 01:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,673
    Given: 882

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonnen View Post
    Rule is not the same thing as population. It is pretty obvious that in long run you are going to see drickle of population shift from the more densely populated south towards north.
    This I agree on this when it comes to the modern era atleast. I've noticed most people who have deep roots in Stockholm(going by Gedcoms) descend from families originally from Småland, Västergötland and Skåne.
    I'm fully aware that the N-L550 and I1 guy in Sigtuna were autosomally Germanic. It was not my point to claim he was autosomally Finnic.

Anyway, this y-dna stuff is kinda besides the point. My point was that Germanic autosomal dna in Finland comes from North and East Scandinavians which are not necessarily direct majority ancestors of modern Swedes living in these areas. At no point was it even my aim to claim that this autosomal dna is mediated via Germanic y-dna, rather it most likely comes via stretching the pussy.
    If I understand you correctly you're suggesting that the Viking era Swedes of Svealand were autosomally Scandinavian/Germanic but had different subset of Y-DNA in comparison with the moders of the area, with higher I1 and with subclades that are now more commong amongst Finns?
    If you are basing this on the ADMIXTURE run in this study then I can't say that it's very convincing. It's like trusting Gedmatch oracle.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

0 Not allowed!

Are you talking about the outlier from Levanluhta?
    I do not think that the low coverage genomes are to any use at all. Like Davidski showed in his post the difference is huge.
    Btw the study did do a qpAdm run on all of the samples.

As we can see Sweden and Denmark IA are pretty much identical in their WHG-EEF-Steppe ratios close to England IA whilst Norway IA has less EEF and very close to the early Anglo-Saxon genomes from England. Trying to replicate this with PCA 25 and nMonte I get this.

Spoiler!

This is obviously not certain but modern day Norwegians have EEF scores more in line with the early Anglo-Saxons who scored similar to the Norwegian IA samples in their qpAdm run.
    Yes, that's the sample I'm talking about.

Look how much extra WHG he has compared to modern Scandinavians(and no he isn't a Balt or something, he completely lacks Finnic or Balto-Slavic specific drift and is pulled only towards HGs on a PCA, not Finns/Balts). All his closest distances are Scandinavians, then Britons, then mainland Germanics.

Target: FIN_Levanluhta_IA_o
    Distance: 5.2191% / 0.05219087
    49.6 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara
    29.6 TUR_Barcin_N
    20.8 LUX_Loschbour
    Target: Swedish
    Distance: 4.7736% / 0.04773578
    51.2 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara
    33.8 TUR_Barcin_N
    15.0 LUX_Loschbour
    Target: Norwegian
    Distance: 4.9418% / 0.04941826
    51.6 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara
    34.8 TUR_Barcin_N
    13.6 LUX_Loschbour
    Target: Danish
    Distance: 5.2174% / 0.05217403
    50.2 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara
    36.6 TUR_Barcin_N
    13.2 LUX_Loschbour
    For comparison, that is about as large a difference between modern Swedes and modern Belgians, which is very significant.

Target: Belgian
    Distance: 3.7692% / 0.03769181
    45.0 TUR_Barcin_N
    44.2 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara
    10.8 LUX_Loschbour
    Looking more into it, even Bronze Age Swedes(from southern Sweden) were already significantly more WHG than Bronze Age Danes.

Spoiler!

If you doubt the Viking samples before they're fully released, we do still have the Sigtuna samples, which are definitely high coverage as Davidski only puts high coverage samples on his spreadsheet(these are only the samples that get modern Scandinavians in the first 3 distances, outliers/foreigners excluded).

Spoiler!

but like I said before, there are also samples who are right on modern Scandinavians, but less of them probably 'cause Sigtuna is in the north, yet their presence still justified by Sigtuna being an important Viking hub:

Spoiler!

I actually wasn't too convinced before but now I'm pretty sure pre-medieval northern Swedes, perhaps even Swedes/Norwegians overall are going to be a lot different to ancient Danes and modern Scandinavians. Denmark was always far more populated than Sweden(as much as over x2 in 1000 AD, although not sure if this includes Skane or not, but Sweden only surpassed Denmark in population by 1500) nearly all the Germanic tribes during the migration period were from Denmark, not Sweden, Sweden had the Goths/Lombards/Vandals/East Germanic speakers, that's about it, and all of them were from southern Sweden. It's really not at all surprising that modern Swedes would be heavily mixed with them.

Given Finland has a lot more I1 than it does have R1b U106 compared to the ratios Scandinavians have, and I1 is most likely not an Indo-European haplogroup(which would make sense for higher WHG admixture), the theory is pretty solid.

Same thing happened in the Baltics, Lithuania was always the most populated part of the Baltics, and Lithuanians(who extended deep into Belarus back then), Prussians, Galindians, Sudovians seem to have either heavily mixed with, if not completely displaced the Latvian/Estonian Baltic tribes(Slavic female mediated admixture had a role as well given there isn't a lot of Slavic y-dna in the Baltics, perhaps Germanic too). Btw, "BA" is misleading here, as when most people think of BA they think of Corded Ware/Beakers/etc, these Baltic samples are very recent, pretty much from the IA everywhere else(800-200 BC).

Spoiler!

(bottom 2 are moderns)

As far as I know the samples with elevated WHG appear to be the samples which appear to be Finnic.

I'm not aware of elevated WHG Germanic sample from Finland. The EURA sample from Iron Age Southwest Finland was said/rumored to have higher WHG than modern Finns, and it was also said to be genetically similar to some of the Viking Age samples from Sweden, but I always presumed the researchers meant that it was similar to the Finnic looking types from Viking Age Sweden. Anyway the fucktards are still pawning the actual results, so lets see.
    Nope, the samples I was talking about were purely Germanic, you can see the Finnish sample I was talking about on this PCA: https://vahaduo.github.io/g25views/#Europe1, it's pulling towards HGs, not Finns/Balts, ancient or modern, he also had no East Asian. Save for Estonians, Finnics don't have much more WHG than Swedes, but only because of East Asian admixture as they have less farmer.

No Finnic populations even enter the top 10 in distances, Finnish actually comes in 20th.

Spoiler!

but yes, there are Finnic samples among the Vikings:

Spoiler!

The majority of those are from Ladoga though, not Scandinavia(last one's probably a Balt too). Looks like the Ladoga region was a lot different back then too compared to today and more like modern Estonians, before being blacked by Slavs and Saami/Nenets. Makes me wonder how much of the East Asian in Finns is actually from Finnic speakers rather than Samic speakers.

Spoiler!

I'd really love to know how these HG rich populations as young as 1000 AD looked like. There's actually one sole modern that plots like the WHG rich Germanics(and a couple of Latvians that still plot close to Baltic_BA), and he's from Iceland. Must be from a really inbred family of hermits in the middle of the interior or something.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, that's the sample I'm talking about.

Look how much extra WHG he has compared to modern Scandinavians(and no he isn't a Balt or something, he completely lacks Finnic or Balto-Slavic specific drift and is pulled only towards HGs on a PCA, not Finns/Balts). All his closest distances are Scandinavians, then Britons, then mainland Germanics.
    Well first of all it's a she, a female sample buried within the context of early Saamis in south-central Finland from the late Antiquity/early Middle Ages. Safe to say I'm not gonna make any conclusions based on this sample and whether she is representive of the Germanic population of Sweden at the time. For all we know she could have gotten her high WHG by mixing with the pre-Uralics of Finland.

Looking more into it, even Bronze Age Swedes(from southern Sweden) were already significantly more WHG than Bronze Age Danes.
    Spoiler!
    You modelled only one out of the four genomes we have from Bronze Age Sweden. Here are the rest.

Spoiler!

Their WHG scores are well within the modern variation, not higher or lower.

If you doubt the Viking samples before they're fully released, we do still have the Sigtuna samples, which are definitely high coverage as Davidski only puts high coverage samples on his spreadsheet(these are only the samples that get modern Scandinavians in the first 3 distances, outliers/foreigners excluded).
    I don't get this logic, just cause they get Scandinavians in their top three distances, no matter the distance then they are fully Scandinavian? Your run is lacking samples to fully cover their ancestry.
    A more recent run shows these samples to be significantly shifted towards the Eastern Baltic. Whether they were natives or not is up for discussion but I suspect the population of coastal Svealand at the time was similar to vik_84001 who already has a small Baltic_BA shift.
    Spoiler!

I actually wasn't too convinced before but now I'm pretty sure pre-medieval northern Swedes, perhaps even Swedes/Norwegians overall are going to be a lot different to ancient Danes and modern Scandinavians. Denmark was always far more populated than Sweden(as much as over x2 in 1000 AD, although not sure if this includes Skane or not, but Sweden only surpassed Denmark in population by 1500) nearly all the Germanic tribes during the migration period were from Denmark, not Sweden, Sweden had the Goths/Lombards/Vandals/East Germanic speakers, that's about it, and all of them were from southern Sweden. It's really not at all surprising that modern Swedes would be heavily mixed with them.

Given Finland has a lot more I1 than it does have R1b U106 compared to the ratios Scandinavians have, and I1 is most likely not an Indo-European haplogroup(which would make sense for higher WHG admixture), the theory is pretty solid.

Same thing happened in the Baltics, Lithuania was always the most populated part of the Baltics, and Lithuanians(who extended deep into Belarus back then), Prussians, Galindians, Sudovians seem to have either heavily mixed with, if not completely displaced the Latvian/Estonian Baltic tribes(Slavic female mediated admixture had a role as well given there isn't a lot of Slavic y-dna in the Baltics, perhaps Germanic too). Btw, "BA" is misleading here, as when most people think of BA they think of Corded Ware/Beakers/etc, these Baltic samples are very recent, pretty much from the IA everywhere else(800-200 BC).
    Interesting theory, it's not supported by the current sampling though. As I just showed in my latest post, Iron Age Sweden had basically the exact same ratio of WHG-EEF-Steppe as Iron Age Denmark. Nevermind that this would be impossible from a linguistic view point. There's no logic in overly thinking the ratio of the modern Finnish haplogroups. The Finnish population is so heavily bottlenecked and descends from such a small population it has little value in our discussion. What matters is that we find R-U106 and R-Z284 in Finland today albeit in small doses but importantly enough under subclades that date to earlier than the Viking era.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

0 Not allowed!

Well first of all it's a she, a female sample buried within the context of early Saamis in south-central Finland from the late Antiquity/early Middle Ages. Safe to say I'm not gonna make any conclusions based on this sample and whether she is representive of the Germanic population of Sweden at the time. For all we know she could have gotten her high WHG by mixing with the pre-Uralics of Finland.

You modelled only one out of the four genomes we have from Bronze Age Sweden. Here are the rest.

Spoiler!

Their WHG scores are well within the modern variation, not higher or lower.

I don't get this logic, just cause they get Scandinavians in their top three distances, no matter the distance then they are fully Scandinavian? Your run is lacking samples to fully cover their ancestry.
    A more recent run shows these samples to be significantly shifted towards the Eastern Baltic. Whether they were natives or not is up for discussion but I suspect the population of coastal Svealand at the time was similar to vik_84001 who already has a small Baltic_BA shift.
    Spoiler!

Interesting theory, it's not supported by the current sampling though. As I just showed in my latest post, Iron Age Sweden had basically the exact same ratio of WHG-EEF-Steppe as Iron Age Denmark. Nevermind that this would be impossible from a linguistic view point. There's no logic in overly thinking the ratio of the modern Finnish haplogroups. The Finnish population is so heavily bottlenecked and descends from such a small population it has little value in our discussion. What matters is that we find R-U106 and R-Z284 in Finland today albeit in small doses but importantly enough under subclades that date to earlier than the Viking era.
    There is no chance FIN_Levanluhta_IA_o has anything to do with anywhere east of Sweden. Even if she is an actual native of southern Finland or mixed with the natives of Finland, that would only mean the Nordic_BA and proto-Germanic used to stretch into Finland before being conquered by Balts and later Finnic speakers. This sample is about as Germanic as you can get, and is far closer to Irish than any east Baltic populations.

Put in her coords in the Northern Europe PCA which is better for more recent specific drift, she is right above modern Norwegians, and is shifted north, not east, you can not draw a straight line from modern Scandinavians to either EST_BA or EST_IA and intersect Levhanluhta_o. What you can do is draw a straight line from modern Scandinavians and Motala_HG, and you do intersect her.

Spoiler!

https://vahaduo.github.io/g25views/#NorthEurope

Getting top 3 Scandinavian distances may not mean everything, but when you don't get any Balts or Finnic people until #20, it clearly means something. This is a pure descendant of Bell Beaker/Scandinavian Battle Axe and local Hunter Gatherers, nothing more.

Also shows in models:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Now, 3 of 5 Viking samples we both modeled earlier do show this Baltic_IA signal, and based on PCA they actually do seem to have this Balto-Slavic drift, so I concede your point on that.

Spoiler!

(just on a quick note it's better to use EST_BA because EST_IA already clustered around modern Finns, who have significant Germanic, and EST_IA also does, while BA doesn't)

Spoiler!

However, 2 of them do not have this signal, and while the Baltic signal isn't fake, the Finnic/Saami signal is definitely fake and is likely picking it for pre-Finnic/Samic southern Finnish populations, because none of these samples have actual East Asian admixture(outside one with noise levels), while Levanluhta is identical to Finnish Saami and has 24% East Asian admixture.

Spoiler!

Btw, Ollsjo is in the southern far tip of Skane. I'm obviously not arguing Danes completely replaced Swedes lol, neither did Harkonnen, a lot of the admixture is probably from southern Swedes(and Britons/Slavs who would also lower the WHG), the main point I'm arguing for is northern Swedes, Svears, maybe deep inland Swedes, up to the Viking era or atleast pre-Viking migration era, and these Germanics or proto-Germanics who migrated to Finland, were very different from Danes and southern Swedes, and MAYBE this also applied to all(or most) Swedes/Norwegians. IA_Swedes do have slightly higher WHG than Danes, sure the difference isn't too big(hard to tell tbh on the charts), but where in Sweden are the samples from? The only Sweden_IA sample on Davidski's spreadsheet, RISE 174, is from southern Sweden, and he's on the lower end of WHG admixture(13.2%), which also by the way indicates southern admixture as he did have the Baltic_BA/IA signal despite having low WHG. That Norway IA has so much WHG in those charts supports this theory tbh. I mean, you even just condeded a lot of modern Stockholmers seem to come from the south, whether or not it happened in modern times or way earlier. I'm not sure where our disagreement is here at this point other than where this extra WHG admixture is from.

Given this Baltic signal is present in SWE_IA as well, you are probably right that some or most could've been shifted that way, rather than via late local HG or HG rich survivals, however given the samples have no East Asian admixture the Baltic shift doesn't come from the Viking era or whatever, it could even come from the Nordic Bronze Age, given archeologists often place parts of Estonia/southern Finland as part of the Nordic BA, which again, would support that northern Swedes were different from the rest. Then again, the Finn outlier and 2 of the Sigtuna Vikings have no Baltic shift or Balto-Slavic/Finnic specific drift despite having elevated WHG, so we might still be talking local HG admixture pre-Viking or migration period era. Both scenarios could be true, with southern Scandinavians already shifting the northerners south before the Viking period, but perhaps after Germanics already moved into Finland.

Either way, interesting discussion. I really think I'm right here tho.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Banned
    Last Online
    09-28-2020 @ 01:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Antarctican
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I don't think FIN_Levanluhta_IA_o was very representative for Scandinavians, seems to be atypical even for the oldest samples.
    Edit: there are other Viking samples that plot close to FIN_Levanluhta_IA_o.

Last edited by Pulkher; 09-23-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There is no chance FIN_Levanluhta_IA_o has anything to do with anywhere east of Sweden. Even if she is an actual native of southern Finland or mixed with the natives of Finland, that would only mean the Nordic_BA and proto-Germanic used to stretch into Finland before being conquered by Balts and later Finnic speakers. This sample is about as Germanic as you can get, and is far closer to Irish than any east Baltic populations.

Put in her coords in the Northern Europe PCA which is better for more recent specific drift, she is right above modern Norwegians, and is shifted north, not east, you can not draw a straight line from modern Scandinavians to either EST_BA or EST_IA and intersect Levhanluhta_o. What you can do is draw a straight line from modern Scandinavians and Motala_HG, and you do intersect her.

https://vahaduo.github.io/g25views/#NorthEurope

Getting top 3 Scandinavian distances may not mean everything, but when you don't get any Balts or Finnic people until #20, it clearly means something. This is a pure descendant of Bell Beaker/Scandinavian Battle Axe and local Hunter Gatherers, nothing more.

Also shows in models:

Spoiler!

I don't know why you bothered with all this, it's obvious she does not harbour any ancestry from the Baltic. She is a low coverage genome belonging to a very Western Specific mtdna. It's obvious she's a remnant of the Nordic Bronze, but also a local of Finland according to the study. What is also obvious to me is that she derives a large part of her ancestry from the natives of Finland who most likely had elevated HG-input like Estonia_BA but ofcourse without the Balto-Slavic drift.

Now, 3 of 5 Viking samples we both modeled earlier do show this Baltic_IA signal, and based on PCA they actually do seem to have this Balto-Slavic drift, so I concede your point on that.

(just on a quick note it's better to use EST_BA because EST_IA already clustered around modern Finns, who have significant Germanic, and EST_IA also does, while BA doesn't)

Spoiler!

However, 2 of them do not have this signal, and while the Baltic signal isn't fake, the Finnic/Saami signal is definitely fake and is likely picking it for pre-Finnic/Samic southern Finnish populations, because none of these samples have actual East Asian admixture(outside one with noise levels), while Levanluhta is identical to Finnish Saami and has 24% East Asian admixture.
    There's no reaason why we shouldn't use Estonia_IA, its more recent in time to the Viking era and we have confirmed historical records of Swedish Vikings heading to what is modern day Estonia, not Latvia or Lithuania.
    Kls001 looks indeed native and within the modern variation. grt045 on the other hand seems mixed.

Target: SWE_Viking_Age_Sigtuna:vik_urm045
    Distance: 4.0330% / 0.04032978
    78.0 SWE_Ollsjo_BA
    15.8 Baltic_EST_BA
    6.0 SWE_PWC_NHG
    0.2 FIN_Levanluhta_IA

Now one of the cool things with PCA 25 is you can calculate Balto-Slavic admixture pretty easy since they are so drifted. If this sample was just a local with elevated HG input he would be modelled as Sweden_BA + Pitted Ware but no, instead he prefers the extreme Balto-Slavic drifted Estonia_BA. In fact he has so low Barcin it makes me wonder if he's not a remnant of the pre-Uralics of Finland.

Btw, Ollsjo is in the southern far tip of Skane. I'm obviously not arguing Danes completely replaced Swedes lol, neither did Harkonnen, a lot of the admixture is probably from southern Swedes(and Britons/Slavs who would also lower the WHG), the main point I'm arguing for is northern Swedes, Svears, maybe deep inland Swedes, up to the Viking era or atleast pre-Viking migration era, and these Germanics or proto-Germanics who migrated to Finland, were very different from Danes and southern Swedes, and MAYBE this also applied to all(or most) Swedes/Norwegians. IA_Swedes do have slightly higher WHG than Danes, sure the difference isn't too big(hard to tell tbh on the charts), but where in Sweden are the samples from? The only Sweden_IA sample on Davidski's spreadsheet, RISE 174, is from southern Sweden, and he's on the lower end of WHG admixture(13.2%), which also by the way indicates southern admixture as he did have the Baltic_BA/IA signal despite having low WHG. That Norway IA has so much WHG in those charts supports this theory tbh. I mean, you even just condeded a lot of modern Stockholmers seem to come from the south, whether or not it happened in modern times or way earlier. I'm not sure where our disagreement is here at this point other than where this extra WHG admixture is from.
    You do not have any hard evidence for this though. Whilst I clearly showed from the qpAdm run of the original study that Iron Age Sweden(from Öland which is East Coast) and Iron Age Denmark were pretty much identical. There's no way around it.
    I replicated the runs on nMonte and compared with England_IA and the Anglo-Saxon genomes as they score very similar WHG in the qpAdm run. We are probably gonna get the same results once these genomes are available in Davids spreadsheet.

And btw I'll post this soon but I'll show you modern Finns prefer a more southern Germanic source rather than Levanluhta_BA which contradicts all of what you're saying.

Given this Baltic signal is present in SWE_IA as well, you are probably right that some or most could've been shifted that way, rather than via late local HG or HG rich survivals, however given the samples have no East Asian admixture the Baltic shift doesn't come from the Viking era or whatever, it could even come from the Nordic Bronze Age, given archeologists often place parts of Estonia/southern Finland as part of the Nordic BA, which again, would support that northern Swedes were different from the rest. Then again, the Finn outlier and 2 of the Sigtuna Vikings have no Baltic shift or Balto-Slavic/Finnic specific drift despite having elevated WHG, so we might still be talking local HG admixture pre-Viking or migration period era. Both scenarios could be true, with southern Scandinavians already shifting the northerners south before the Viking period, but perhaps after Germanics already moved into Finland.
    I don't know why the sample from Lilla Beddinge is labled Iron Age, some people on Anthrogenica are certain it's from the Bronze Age, I'll contact David.
    But then again if the sample shows Baltic_BA admixture then it's Balto-Slavic drifted as opposed to scoring just elevated local HG.

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 09:02 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic + Celtic + Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Zagreb
    Y-DNA
    I2a1a2b-A815-FGC92673