Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Riffians lighter than portuguese?

Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 09:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,747
    Given: 3,217

1 Not allowed!

Default Riffians lighter than portuguese?

Since me and Hamilcar were discussing on more than one thread, i'll create this one so we can discuss without derailing other threads.

The basis of this argument is what Coon wrote about Riffians and this map:

Actually Coon said Riffians were lighter than some other europeans as well as can be seen on the map, but this thread only focuses on portuguese.

Here are some of his arguments:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar View Post
    he never said that why are you lying in an attempt to discredit him ? Riffians are indeed lighter than your people in average I don't see what's surprising about this. Living in Europe doesn't necessarily make you lighter especially that your country has only 10 millions of inhabitants and is small
    no riffians simply have higher amount of people with light features.

If you can't read that's not my problem :

The Riffians are pinkish-white skinned, like northern Europeans, in 65 per cent of the total group, and in approximately 80 per cent in the central tribes. The exposed skin color is brick-red in many cases, being incapable of tanning; in others it is brunet-white or light brown in summer, and bleaches out again in winter. Freckles are found on 23 per cent of Riffians; this figure is approximate since some were measured in winter, others in the summer. The head hair is black in 44 per cent of the total, and dark to medium brown in 46 per cent; the others are reddish-brown or light brown; in a few cases, golden-blond. These last form less than 1 per cent of the whole, however. The beard is usually much lighter, being black in only 34 per cent of the total, dark or medium brown in 25 per cent, reddish-brown in 14 per cent, light brown in 19 per cent, and golden, ashen, or red in 8 per cent. Seventeen per cent of Riffians show some rufosity in beard color. Since the Riffians wear turbans, and since the few adults who still wear pigtails cover all but the ends of these, it is the beard color and not the head hair color which is responsible for the current idea of Riffian blondism. Furthermore the children, who go bareheaded, possess an infantile dominance of blondism, as among Europeans of mixed pigmentation. The blondest hair and beards are found in the central Rif, especially in the tribe of Beni Amart, where over 50 per cent of the men have beards light brown or lighter.

Fifty-seven per cent of Riffians have mixed or light eyes; of the remaining 43 per cent, dark brown is the commonest color. Green-brown is the commonest mixed form, then gray-brown and finally blue-brown: pure blue eyes account for only 2 per cent of the group, while only one man was observed with gray eyes. Unmatched eyes are common. In some tribes as few as 20 per cent are pure dark-eyed, in none more than 55 per cent. On the whole, blondism is strong in the Rif; over half of the adult men show some trace of it. But the Rif is not a blond country in the sense that Norway, Sweden, Finland, or even England are blond; it is, however, blonder than most of Spain or southern Italy.
    https://www.theapricity.com/snpa/chapter-XI14.htm

and you probably haven't met any portuguese in your life I suppose.

Now my question is why isn't this visible in Riffians today, if we assume what Coon wrote was true? I don't see Riffians being visible lighter (and it's by a lot according to what was written) than portuguese people, not on groups and not on individuals. I'll put aside genetics even if i could also make a point about it.

Also, if Riffians have "a higher amount of people with light features" than Portugal, why is it that i can post a lot of people with light features from various fields like sports, politics, writers, actors, etc but i'm sure not sure if he could do the same with Riffians?

Hamilcar, if you have examples to back up what was written then i'll be convinced.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2022 @ 10:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,065
    Given: 3,120

1 Not allowed!

that's because as a portuguese you're not used to see riffians. You only see them through the pictures/videos you saw on the internet about north africans in general. In my own family there are good examples of light riffians even among my friends (they still look non european tho).

As for your second question I already explained you that riffians are less numerous, poorer, and less mediatized than your actors,players,writers, etc Also some members like Aguia for example compared in the past tanned riffians working in the fields during summer to portuguese during the winter.

Now believe me or not (you'll probably not believe me) I've met tons of portuguese and when it comes to pigmentation they are quite homogeneous and not as diverse as italians or spaniards for example (which is logical) so yes it's totally possible than a mountainous area in morocco can be fairer than a very med population like portuguese (many portuguese I knew for example where darker than me even if they still looked "european" idk if it's due to cap verdean or brazilian ancestry in your population but sometimes it can be quite surprising).

I'm pretty sure If I visit your country one day It will confirms what I said for years now

at the end why does it matter ? Do you think being lighter makes you better and automatically european ?

All the rage my little dark age... Cernunnos's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ibero-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Portuguese. 53% EEF + 29% Steppe + 13% WHG + 5% Iberomaurusian
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Lisbon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 (Most likely)
    mtDNA
    Faço puto de ideia
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Hero
    Năo tenho 10 anos...
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,341
    Given: 2,226

0 Not allowed!

Blah blah blah blah wiskas saquetas.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Blah blah blah blah wiskas saquetas.
    hahahah this cernunnos really has a problem with me

stop trying to catch my attention I don't care about you Mr.Bell Beaker

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ibero-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Lisbon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 (Most likely)
    mtDNA
    Faço puto de ideia
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Hero
    Năo tenho 10 anos...
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

hahahah this cernunnos really has a problem with me

stop trying to catch my attention I don't care about you Mr.Bell Beaker
    I have a problem with dishonest and manipulative persons.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    արաբ
    Country
    Morocco
    Region
    Brussels
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I have a problem with dishonest and manipulative persons.
    No you simply have a problem with harsh truths

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ibero-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Country
    Portugal
    Region
    Lisbon
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27 (Most likely)
    mtDNA
    Faço puto de ideia
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Hero
    Năo tenho 10 anos...
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

No you simply have a problem with harsh truths
    Harsh truths from a 19th/20th century guy who never set a foot in Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia....?

Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    turkic
    Ethnicity
    turk
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid-Turanid
    Religion
    agnostic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 901
    Given: 59

0 Not allowed!

that's because as a portuguese you're not used to see riffians. You only see them through the pictures/videos you saw on the internet about north africans in general. In my own family there are good examples of light riffians even among my friends (they still look non european tho).

As for your second question I already explained you that riffians are less numerous, poorer, and less mediatized than your actors,players,writers, etc Also some members like Aguia for example compared in the past tanned riffians working in the fields during summer to portuguese during the winter.

Now believe me or not (you'll probably not believe me) I've met tons of portuguese and when it comes to pigmentation they are quite homogeneous and not as diverse as italians or spaniards for example (which is logical) so yes it's totally possible than a mountainous area in morocco can be fairer than a very med population like portuguese (many portuguese I knew for example where darker than me even if they still looked "european" idk if it's due to cap verdean or brazilian ancestry in your population but sometimes it can be quite surprising).

I'm pretty sure If I visit your country one day It will confirms what I said for years now

at the end why does it matter ? Do you think being lighter makes you better and automatically european ?
    Do you have group photos of Riffians? I don't have any information. can you send it here? It better be people from the public rather than celebrities.

Redmi Note 7 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Last Online
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Austrian
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-S21/U106/M405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,495
    Given: 8,741

1 Not allowed!

Coon thought that Borreby/ Brunn and Afalou- Berberid/ Canarid are connected but they are not genetically speaking. So he was only trying to back up his false hypothesis. (One of many)

Banned
    Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 09:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    change name to wana please
    Ethnicity
    spanish italian anatolian north african amerindian/chinese
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Turkey iran iraq afghanistan balochistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 147

4 Not allowed!

Excuse me nassbean, who cares about riffians if they are a minority? Portuguese are on average way lighter than moroccans period. This is like me saying bollywood actresses are lighter than south italians on average its ridiculous.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information