I've decided to create another Investing thread as I cannot find the original, and this website still insists on not having a proper search function. If any mods can locate the original, please merge this with it. Thanks.

Anyhow...

After having my @$$ handed to me over the past three years of day-trading, some months were more successful than others, I've decided to focus mostly on short-term swing trades. Swing trading involves focusing on higher timeframes (the 1 hour chart, 4 hour chart, etc.) and the higher the timeframe the more reliable the signal or indicator (especially RSI). I have also permanently stopped trading so-called "3x leveraged ETFs" because despite the fact that you may have a successful few months (I was making $150-$200 a day for months), your gains can all be wiped out in a matter of hours because a certain narcissistic sociopath in the White House makes a phone call to some sociopathic sheikhs and oil barons on the Arabian peninsula who then jack up the price of oil. These 3x ETFs also reset every market session and are specifically designed to go to 0 i.e. screw over retail traders. I now only stick to regular ETFs and good stocks with solid fundamentals (e.g. AAPL etc). Since implementing this new strategy, I have made some small but significant gains. I intend on trading small with modest profit targets until the New Year. My successful swing trades were on the four most-widely traded commodities i.e. Oil, Natural Gas, Gold, and Silver. Metals are my favorite. I try to stay on the right side of the trend by consulting option-flows (available for free with ThinkorSwim from TD Ameritrade) and the COT report produced weekly by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. One can day-trade the same stock/ETF while they are waiting for their swing target to hit; as a matter of fact, short term day-trades can help mitigate losses during significant draw-downs.