France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,121
    Given: 1,884

1 Not allowed!

Default Finnish Top Court Bans the Nordic Resistance Movement

Finnish Top Court Bans Finland's Main Neo-Nazi Group

9/22/2020

HELSINKI - Finland's Supreme Court on Tuesday banned a neo-Nazi group on the grounds that its activities are “significantly contrary to law.”

Finland's national police had sought to dissolve the right-wing Nordic Resistance Movement, known for being violent and openly racist, and two lower courts of law confirmed the ruling.

Finland's highest court ruled that the group's activities “did not enjoy freedom of expression or freedom of association, as the association's activities by their nature entailed an abuse of these rights.”

National Police Chief Inspector Heikki Lausmaa told Finnish broadcaster YLE that the Supreme Court ruling is “a clear statement that an organization that is violent and uses speech deemed racist or otherwise violating human dignity should not have a place in Finnish society.”

A Nordic Resistance Movement member, Jesse Torniainen, was convicted of aggravated assault for kicking a man in the chest during a September 2016 demonstration. The 28-year-old man died from his injuries. Torniainen was sentenced to two years in prison.

The fatal assault drew public attention and led to calls to ban racist and other extremist organizations in Finland.

https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/we...-finlands-main
    POUR UNE HISTOIRE DÉBARRASSÉE DES NOMBREUX MENSONGES
    Vincent Reynouard: Je suis ingénieur chimiste et historien révisionniste français. J’expose de la façon la plus pédagogique possible les arguments révisionnistes. Je propose, j’expose, je n’impose rien. Chacun doit (ou devrait) être libre de se faire une opinion sur le sujet. .

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,991
    Given: 6,606

3 Not allowed!

They have no place in Finnish society, but hundreds of thousands of Somalians/Arabs do.

Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 06:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Norrland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 61

2 Not allowed!

Miss Helsinki 2017

Finland is already beginning to decompose from the inside, like a dead corpse.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Creoda View Post
    They have no place in Finnish society, but hundreds of thousands of Somalians/Arabs do.
    That was pretty obvious outcome. First Circuit court then Court of appeal ended just to same decisions. This was more like playing time from the side of Nordic Resistance Movement (they like anybody had rights to complain higher degree of court in Finland). Whole law process (different stages) took more than 2 years. Now the decision is final.

No organization is denied in Finland based on name (this is very unique action in whole 100 years history of Finland ... even first case if we skipped actions after WWII (Allied Forces/Russians demands ... not so much Finns). If I'm not fully mistaken, at least over all discussions about one international motorcycle group (rights to exist in Finland) might be ongoing too.

True with this one too.

And why compare apples & oranges (organization vs humans/people or full ethnics) together? Those are not seen same ways in the front of laws. Meaning: Finnish citizens of Nordic Resistance movements are still Finland's citizens. Rumor says that police doubts that they try to continue under another name ''Kohti Vapautta'' (= Towards Freedom)... and investigates that.

Laws are laws (being good or bad). Wise man should know those even if being directly against present political system/leadership. If one does not know about those laws (or just does not care about those ... taking risks) ... things like this can happen. To one organization. Individual people opposite has been seen like individual people.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 09-23-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:27 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,587
    Given: 462

0 Not allowed!

Two years of jail for kicking someone to death? People used to wonder how Derek could get only three years in American History X, and that was a movie.

There are still all the rest of the organizations left, like Soldiers of Odin, Suomen Sisu, Kohti Vapautta, Kansallismielinen Liittouma etc.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 2garin View Post
    Miss Helsinki 2017

Finland is already beginning to decompose from the inside, like a dead corpse.

At least this caused lots of discussions (even internationally)

I agree that girl (below) who came 4. should have won that. Or anybody else among of rest 6 candidates.
    Maybe quite ethnics wide jury saw all the local girls too fat or just too Finnics (like TA members ... ''mongoloids'') ... body dimensions. Still bit funny, as that competition took in place in Finland.

On the other hand, who I'm talking behalf of Helsinki or even Finns. I will leave that to Lemminkäinen (Harkonnen is too much on - off person and Saiwalo ... just silent).
    (it is Helsingfors to me anyway )

Last edited by Finnish Swede; 09-23-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    Two years of jail for kicking someone to death? People used to wonder how Derek could get only three years in American History X, and that was a movie.

There are still all the rest of the organizations left, like Soldiers of Odin, Suomen Sisu, Kohti Vapautta, Kansallismielinen Liittouma etc.
    The guy who got kicked once and died was Antifa though, and trying to attack them with a flag (or stealing their flag) if I recall, maybe that brought down the sentence.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The guy who got kicked once and died was Antifa though, and trying to attack them with a flag (or stealing their flag) if I recall, maybe that brought down the sentence.
    I do not even know what USA's Anfita is (not to talking about if moving that to Finland).

Died person was walking through and simply spit down as he saw their flags (Nordict Resistance Movement's flags). He was drug user, my understand (if anything). I can not find video anymore ... but saw it earlier. One could avoid that kind of huge kick easily ... if trained. He did not die for kick but as he hit his head to ground/asphalt. Just later ... but to those damages.

This was just one individual case (of course ''heavy''), but I think that general message of organization was the main/real reason to start legal actions against them. On the other corner we have rights of free speeches and on the another corner equal human rights/no violent talks against anybodies/no racism talks allowed etc. We face same dilemma with all extreme organizations (matters might just vary).
    Risk to destroy Finland as a country, risk to destroy Finland's culture? As you see that is not (as a matter) even ''in the ring''! And these actions/decisions should not be valued with that kind of lights either.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 09-23-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    I do not even know what USA's Anfita is (not to talking about if moving that to Finland).

Died person was walking through and simply split down as he saw their flags (Nordict Resistance Movement's flags). He was drug user, my understand (if anything). I can not find video anymore ... but saw it earlier. One could avoid that kind of huge kick easily ... if trained. He did not die for kick but as he hit his head to ground/asphalt. Just later ... but to those damages.
    OK, maybe I misremembered it. Pretty sure he was part of some leftist/anarchist group though, basically Antifa (which began in Europe, not America).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

OK, maybe I misremembered it. Pretty sure he was part of some leftist/anarchist group though, basically Antifa (which began in Europe, not America).
    Well, at least he had something against their symbols. Average Finns (or person like me) would just have just walked through without any reaction.

But again, that was hardly the main reason why Polices (etc.) wanted them to become banned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information