To this day, the various Chinese Progressive Associations continue at times to partner with entities in China or to serve the interests of the People’s Republic of China. In my earlier essay, for example, I detailed what the Boston organization has done with the communist Chinese government.

Alex Tom founded the China Education and Exposure Program in 2012, while he was executive director of the Chinese Progressive Association in San Francisco.

According to a Left Forum bio: “In 2012, Alex, along with other Asian activists and organizers, formed the China Education and Exposure Program (CEEP) to build a deeper analysis of China for U.S. progressives and leftists and to build relationships with the grassroots movement in China.”

The aim of Tom’s group seems to be to build ties between American leftists and the most leftist elements in China.

In 2017, the Chinese Progressive Association in San Francisco also helped create, along with other pro-China groups, an organization called End National Security Scapegoating, which sought to curb Department of Justice investigations of China for spying under the pretext that it amounts to “racial profiling.”

That it teamed up with the group Chinese for Affirmative Action demonstrates that the Chinese Progressive Association doesn’t work in the interest of Chinese Americans, one of the groups most adversely affected by racial preferences in education.

And the Chinese Progressive Association of San Francisco went to bat for China again this past May. Along with the Boston group and others, it signed a letter backing the Joe Biden campaign, but warning the campaign not to engage in “China-bashing,” adding that “fanning anti-China sentiment will also come at a cost at the ballot box.”

In my earlier piece, I quoted an essay last year that Lowe, of the Chinese Progressive Association in Boston, authored with other radicals for LeftRoots. In it, they advocated that Asians play a role in creating a “revolutionary strategy” to achieve a “fundamentally different society.”

The San Francisco group drew praise from China’s mouthpiece China Daily just a few weeks ago for taking part again in Black Lives Matter demonstrations in that city.