Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulgaria using it's EU membership to press its own nationalistic view on Macedonia - DW Germany

Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 01:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earthling
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    The Greek government has recognized the Macedonian language and nation. You can move on now and stop trolling
    North Macedonia and North Macedonian, or to use the English short forms, Not. Macedonia and Not. Macedonian.

Holy crap, I'm brilliant!

Banned
    Last Online
    11-29-2020 @ 12:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Serbia
    Region
    Republika Srpska
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Borreby
    Hero
    My Parents
    Religion
    Serbian Orthodox Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 411
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vojnik View Post
    Why does Bulgaria only care about the Macedonian Slavs of the Republic? They never speak about the Macedonian Slavs assimilated and persecuted by the Greek state. Why do they never protest to the Greek state about historical issues. Were not the Macedonian Slavs of Northern Greece also Bulgarians?
    We can therefore say that at the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century, although in many ways already awakened, the national consciousness of the Macedonian Slavs was weak and very vague, with the exception of the enumerated areas where Serbian and no other consciousness was clearly expressed. Wherever this consciousness appeared among the people, it was expressed, again, only as Serbian.
    We cannot, but refer to the fact that many educated people, Slavs, spoke for themselves, that they were Bulgarians, and in Aegean Macedonia that they were Greeks, although they didn't spoke neither Bulgarian nor Greek language, they celebrated the Slava. and sang their folk (mostly Serbian) songs.

This was conditioned by the fact that there was no Serbian propaganda, church and school in this area at that time. Some opted for Bulgarians because simply they weren't Greeks, and others again for Greeks because they weren't Bulgarians. It was mostly a political, not a national commitment. At that time, one could only dream that these areas would belong to Serbia sometime in the future, because Serbia was far away, and since it was weakened, it seemed disinterested.

Let's see how until recently the Serbian Mijaci sang their favorite song:

"Мoрe, Дунавe мoрe!

Мoрe бeли Вардарe!

Вo српска зeмља,

Стара старoставна!"

And Brsjaci again:

"Вo свeта Пeћ, вo српска зeмља,

Српска зeмља та Макeдoниjа..."

"... Until the founding of the Bulgarian Exarchate and the creation of San Stefano Bulgaria, the people in Macedonia, in the vast majority, almost entirely felt and considered themselves as Serbs. Slava was celebrated by all; not a Imendan or anything else, but Slava. The schools, if there were any until 1870, were all Serbian, and it is probable that no Bulgarian school existed at that time. For this I will cite one true case from my life: In Thessaloniki, in 1905, lived a very wealthy merchant and influential man, a Bulgarian, Hadzi Mishev. He was born in Veles. He came to my father's house and maintained very friendly relations with him. I was a little over ten years old at the time, but like all children at the time of the awakening of nationalism in Macedonia, we also conducted propaganda, some of us for the Serbian and some for the Bulgarian people. One day, when Grandpa Mishev, as I called him, was talking to my father about Serbs and Bulgarians, i got into a serious conversation with older people, because Grandpa Mišev loved me very much, with the question: Grandpa, tell me, what are you, a Serb or a Bulgarian? My grandfather Mishev thought deeply, so he turned to my father, while I watched him with childlike innocence. What should I tell this child, sir? I was in the delegation of Veles immediately after the end of the second Serbian-Turkish war in 1878. We went to Belgrade, because we were Serbs, we celebrated the Slava, and we prayed to be given a teacher whom we will pay, and to give us books that we will also pay for. We were received by Jovan Ristic, the then Prime Minister of Serbia, and he said: Brothers, we have come out of two difficult wars and Serbia cannot give you anything today. Go to Sofia, because the Russians give the Bulgarians everything they need and you will get everything there. And for us, it doesn't matter whether there will be a Serbian or a Bulgarian school in Veles, because we are brothers and one. And following the instructions of the most competent Serb, we went to Sofia, where we immediately got a teacher and books, all for free. And of course, the Bulgarian teacher and the book in Bulgarian. And so a Bulgarian school was opened in Veles. And is it a miracle today that my son finished that school and that today he is the head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bulgaria. What can I say to this child now, sir, am I a Serb or a Bulgarian ...? "(Jakov V. Ljotic, The Future of Macedonia, Iskra, 15 Munich, 1967, p. 3).

Many, since they were neither Bulgarians nor Greeks, disappointed in both of them, and not receiving the necessary moral or even less material help from Serbia, wandered to the extreme, and became Macedonians. Of course, they were supported and sometimes rewarded by Russian or Austro-Hungarian agents for this commitment. Also, their commitment to Macedonia did not initially have any national characteristics. This was an exclusively political and regional commitment. Only later, this developed into a national concept in order to reach the scale it has today.
    We will see later that most of these Macedonians still remained what they felt they were: Serbs, Bulgarians or Greeks. Of course, despite all the problems that Serbia faced at the time, we cannot help but emphasize that, in our opinion, it is also to blame for everything that happened later.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,916
    Given: 4,816

1 Not allowed!

^
    Same idiology and dictat as Skopjians

Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 01:37 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earthling
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!

Why does Bulgaria only care about the Macedonian Slavs of the Republic? They never speak about the Macedonian Slavs assimilated and persecuted by the Greek state. Why do they never protest to the Greek state about historical issues. Were not the Macedonian Slavs of Northern Greece also Bulgarians?
    Because most of the former Exarchists who remained in Greece after the various 1912-24 population movements ended up leaving in the 40s and 50s either as Nazi/communist collaborators or through emigration. That's when the Bulgarian national anthem ceased to be sung in the so-called "little Sofia" villages of Florina (ask your dedos about that). And after the 1948 Tito-Stalin split, Bulgaria's prime Balkan rival became Yugoslavia, so it was in Bulgaria's best interests to improve relations with Greece.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,916
    Given: 4,816

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    The Greek government has recognized the Macedonian language and nation. You can move on now and stop trolling
    Take Greece out of your signature no interest in your little marxist rubbish.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Byzantine + Scythian (5.528) Seleucid + Scythian (5.695) Seleucid + Gaul (7.389) Byzantine + Gaul
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    E-FTD7860 / maternal grandparents I-p37, J-M172
    mtDNA
    J1c-C16261T
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Religion
    Orthodoxy Christianity
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,896
    Given: 1,003

0 Not allowed!

[ЦИТАТ = Crn Volk; 6908006] Гръцкото правителство призна македонския език и нация. Можете да продължите сега и да спрете да тролите [/ QUOTE]

Yes, but they made you change the name of the country
    ...Even if a man lives well, he dies and another one comes into existence. Let the one who comes later upon seeing this inscription remember the one who had made it. And the name is Omurtag, Kanasubigi.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Byzantine + Scythian (5.528) Seleucid + Scythian (5.695) Seleucid + Gaul (7.389) Byzantine + Gaul
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    J1c-C16261T
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Religion
    Orthodoxy Christianity
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, they were from the Bulgarian group of Slavs. All Macedonian Bulgarians are welcome in Bulgaria at any time. After 1912, they were killed or expelled. Most of the Bulgarians in Aegean Macedonia left their native places until 1924, when they were settled by Greek refugees from Thrace, the Black Sea coasts of Bulgaria and Turkey.
    At the time when the refugees from Aegean Macedonia were evicted for the properties, they were given bonds and coupons equivalent to the property prices. There is an agreement signed between Bulgaria and Greece regarding the settlement of the consequences of the soldiers and the property of the Bulgarian settlers from Greek period 1913-1944 The agreement is known as "Mollov - Kafandaris" and was signed in 1964. In general, with it Bulgaria pays its state debt to Greece with the property of the Bulgarian settlers, ie. with houses, fields, inventory, etc. In this way the financial relations between the two countries are settled, and subsequently Bulgaria has to pay compensation to its citizens, whose property has been used to repay the state debt. A bill has been submitted to the Bulgarian Parliament concerning those Bulgarian citizens and their heirs, the so-called refugees from Aegean Thrace and Aegean Macedonia, whose property the state has used to repay our debt under the 1964 Agreement. signed between the People's Republic of Bulgaria and the Kingdom of Greece for the settlement of various financial issues and the development of economic cooperation.
    The owners of the properties, after repaying the state debt, were not compensated in cash or with property. We are talking about the properties on the territory of neighboring Greece of thousands of refugees.
    The law applies to movable and immovable property, but without agricultural land, as they are compensated under another law. About 80,000 people are interested in this law.
    ...Even if a man lives well, he dies and another one comes into existence. Let the one who comes later upon seeing this inscription remember the one who had made it. And the name is Omurtag, Kanasubigi.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    J1c-C16261T
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Religion
    Orthodoxy Christianity
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The crime against the Bulgarians in 1913 remained unpunished and uncorrected, despite the categoricalness of the impartial Carnegie Inquiry Commission. Despite its findings, no action has been taken to punish countries accused of crimes against humanity. World War I is on the verge and the redistribution of forces has begun. It is time to win allies in the new world carnage, not to repel possible ones and who would then think to look for the perpetrators of the genocide of the Bulgarian population. The Greek and Serbian sides categorically reject the conclusions of the Carnegie Commission, and the report remains to this day only as a monument to the genocide of our people.
    The member of the inquiry commission, Prof. Pavel Milyukov, spoke most accurately about what had happened and was happening to the Bulgarians in Macedonia, seized by the Greeks and Serbs, in an interview entitled “On the Horrors of the New Equilibrium in the Balkans. The Denationalization of Macedonia ”in 1914, which I will quote below:
    "Greeks and Serbs are now using all simple and unforgivable means to denationalize Macedonia. All Bulgarian schools and churches have been converted to Serbian or Greek. The Serbs went further. They created draconian laws to kill the spirit of the Bulgarian intelligentsia, of the Bulgarian population. Anyone who inadvertently makes a mistake, to break a telegraph, to break iron rails or to find a weapon, will be sentenced to strict imprisonment. And those who hide and do not report to the government will be punished by eviction with the whole family. The expelled bishops from Macedonia told the commission in Sofia that they had been presented with a declaration to sign their own diocese and voluntarily left for Sofia, and to the Bulgarian population that they were becoming Serbs as they had been before, but as a result. the terror of the committee were forcibly Bulgarianized. More than two thousand Bulgarian teachers, priests and citizens have been thrown into various prisons in order to kill their spirit. And others, with a weaker character, embrace the new situation in order to get rid of the cruel tortures of "Black Hand - Dead Head", a party for killing and extermination of the Bulgarian intelligentsia. Bulgarian exarchate teachers were sent to Belgrade to be artificially fabricated for Serbian teachers, so that on the one hand, to show the common people that the same teachers who had previously taught him Bulgarian reading were now orthodox Serbs, and on the other - Once replaced by Serbian teachers, they will be fired. The Greeks did not yield to their Serb brothers. They destroyed everything Slavic, burned the liturgical Slavic books, erased inscriptions, and the icon of St. Cyril and St. Methodius was handed over to the autodafe; they kill and arrest. Isn't Macedonia inhabited by Greeks and Serbs? Why is this province not joined and equated with free citizens in Serbia and Greece? Why do they create trimmed constitutions, as for a foreign country, not inhabited by its own people? Why do they look at this people with suspicion even now, when the Peace of Bucharest entrusted them with "a strong sheep for slaughter?" (See the magazine "Illustration of Light", Sofia, 1914)
    If Greeks and Serbs really lived there, none of these things would be a reality

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

1 Not allowed!

Macedonia is the child of Serbian propaganda. Later these morons mixed with Albanians, stole Greek history, denied their largely Bulgarian roots but still presented Bulgarian history (saints Cyril and Methodius who were 1/2 Bulgarian and 1/2 Greek, king Samuil, etc.) as part of theirs... There is no Macedonian ethnicity. Your name should have remained FYROM but still I'm glad Greeks prevented you from using it as just "Macedonia" and made you add "North" to it. Karakachanov is indeed a poser in many aspects but creating obstacles for your EU membership is a good side of his.
    Macedonia and half of the West Balkans (Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina) are funny states which pretty much survived to these days thanks to Serbs.
    Last edited by The Blade; 09-25-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    After not shaving for a while:

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Bulgar
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    J1c-C16261T
    Taxonomy
    Beautiful
    Religion
    Orthodoxy Christianity
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

On September 1, 1913, an unusual edition was published, without any commentary, but only with a short explanatory preface, facsimiles of documents and their translation. These are excerpts from the letters of ordinary Greek soldiers from the 19th Regiment of the 7th Greek Division from the captured military post near Dobrinishte, Razlog, on July 14, 1913. The Greek post was captured by the 6th Company of the 57th, commanded by Lieutenant Futekov. regiment of the 11th Infantry Division. All 28 documents will be entered verbatim in the form in which they are printed in their Bulgarian and French editions and in the appendix to the Carnegie Inquiry. SAMPLES IN THE FACIMILET
    from letters found in the mail of the 19th Regiment of the 7th Greek Division, captured by the Bulgarian troops in Razlog on July 14, 1913. the letters of Greek soldiers, which were first published with a French Antsu translation
    As simple and simple as the content of these letters is - it really refers to letters written by ordinary soldiers - it establishes even better the unanimity in the feelings of their authors, the amazing way in which they admit that they burned Bulgarian villages. that they killed women and children, slaughtered captives, and all this not only out of a single hatred of this "cursed people," as they put it, but also by order of the superiors. If such were the orders of the senior Greek commanders - to explicitly order the soldiers to burn the villages and kill the defenseless Bulgarians, if to the hatred that the Greeks harbor towards the Bulgarians, add the orders made to encourage the crime and to ensure impunity, there is nothing more to ask who are the real authors of all the horrors attributed to the Bulgarians

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information