Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where did Jesus say, "I am God, worship me"?

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

1 Not allowed!

“Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.”

John 14:6—Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”

i.e Jesus is equal to the way to eternal life and the way to eternal life is equal to loving others and God therefore the way to eternal life is by loving others and God.

Jesus came to show the way to heaven and that way is God - the light that is love. Nobody can come to God except through the way shown by Jesus - a life lived in love for everyone.

Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 05:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic theism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 105

0 Not allowed!

Mark 13:32:
    But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son [Jesus Christ], but the Father.
    John 7:16:
    Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    I Corinthians 8:6:
    But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

I Corinthians 11:3:
    But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
    John 14:28:
    Ye have heard how I [Jesus Christ] said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,564
    Given: 451

0 Not allowed!

I don't see how disproving the Trinity would necessarily prove that Islam is true. It is a topic that could be debated with a unitarian Christian, a Jew, a Mormon or an atheist thinking that it is a "silly" doctrine. Although most Christian-Muslim debates are usually on the topic of the Trinity from what I have seen.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Quintessential Western Euro
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese, Walloon, Flemish, Dutch, German, Luxembourgish, English
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Lazy housewife
    Hero
    Oblomov
    Religion
    oblomovchtchina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,928
    Given: 4,930

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    I don't see how disproving the Trinity would necessarily prove that Islam is true. It is a topic that could be debated with a unitarian Christian, a Jew, a Mormon or an atheist thinking that it is a "silly" doctrine. Although most Christian-Muslim debates are usually on the topic of the Trinity from what I have seen.
    Maybe it’s because of some schizophrenic attitude, as on the one hand, Muslims consider the Biblical scripture to be falsified, and on the other hand, they want it to lead to the thought that “Islam is the truth”. And I believe that indeed, the borderline between Unitarianism and Islam is maybe quite tenuous…

See William Montgomery Watt, for example. The islamologist Carole Hillenbrand says this about him:

He was not afraid to express rather radical theological opinions – controversial ones in some Christian ecclesiastical circles. He often pondered on the question of what influence his study of Islam had exerted on him in his own Christian faith. As a direct result, he came to argue that the Islamic emphasis on the uncompromising oneness of God had caused him to reconsider the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, which is vigorously attacked in the Koran as undermining true monotheism.

Influenced by Islam, with its 99 names of God, each expressing special attributes of God, Watt returned to the Latin word "persona" – which meant a "face" or "mask", and not "individual", as it now means in English – and he formulated the view that a true interpretation of Trinity would not signify that God comprises three individuals. For him, Trinity represents three different "faces" of the one and the same God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Montgomery_Watt

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,564
    Given: 451

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Laly View Post
    Maybe it’s because of some schizophrenic attitude, as on the one hand, Muslims consider the Biblical scripture to be falsified, and on the other hand, they want it to lead to the thought that “Islam is the truth”. And I believe that indeed, the borderline between Unitarianism and Islam is maybe quite tenuous…

See William Montgomery Watt, for example. The islamologist Carole Hillenbrand says this about him:
    The South Africa-based Indian Ahmed Deedat, who rose to fame among Muslims by selling tapes where he attacked the Bible in debates with Pentecostal pastors and televangelists, got at least some of his arguments from the Watchtower, like the allegation that the King James Bible had 50,000 errors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information